Problem with downgrading, please help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gorkensnorkel, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Ok I need some advice here please:

Its telling me...

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)

But I cannot find a browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin file on my SD card. What do I do?

2. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Edit:

Wait, I guess since I used the guide... and since the guide did not say to install browserhax... that I do not do that and just start over at section II which says to hold down and reboot to load into homebrew launcher, right? But when I do that I get a black screen. I guess I'm fucked?

3. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Well first, it just says boot homebrew, so that means boot it any way you can, it doesn't matter what you use, just get it running :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And the ropbin payload downloads automatically each time you boot browserhax. I don't think you physically need it on your sd

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But what's the actual problem, I don't quite understand. Is it getting a black screen when you turn on your 3ds, when you boot the browser?

4. theedge

theedge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2010
    Canada
    Canada

Go here : http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ go down on the page until you see something with dropdown menu, input the correct version , click download ropbin and rename it , then put at root of SD

5. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    I got it, yeah I was using the ropbin correctly but it wasn't working. It seems that it kinda finished the downgrade but crashed right before the "rebooting in 10 seconds" message so I was following the wrong step, I had to proceed to the next step, delete the exit data then reboot. When i did that it booted just fine and I did another downgrade just to be safe. Everything worked like a charm!