Hacking Problem pushing sxos payload pic included

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting it as FAT32, 32k clusters. Use Minitool Partition Wizard or guiformat to do so if the card is larger than 32GB. ExFAT has some issues with corruption.

Also if your MicroSD cards aren't bought from reputable sellers like Amazon themselves, Newegg or a local store near you then you may have gotten fakes or faulty cards. Yes, it's not unlikely that every card you've got is fake/faulty if all of them are bought from eBay, 3rd party Amazon sellers, Chinese sellers and the like. You'd be surprised at how common fake SD cards are.
#
What he said ^

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charging the dongle?

the dongle takes the power from the console, so hence the part where it says make sure your console is fully or nearly fully charged.

once you install autorcm your console will not boot unless the dongle is inserted.

pressing and holding the power button will do nothing, well done you have instructed your console to turn on, then turn straight off again.

people really need to read the guide before doing things, its all explained how to use and is very simple to use, id say n00b friendly but then god makes better n00bs.

installation steps:

1) make sure console is fully charged or nearly fully charged and powered off.
2) remove right joy con and insert jig
3) download latest boot.dat from the website and copy to root of sd card (formatted as EXFAT)
4) insert sd card into console
5) insert usb dongle
6) press power button and press vol + and keep vol + held down
7) sx menu will load
8) install auto rcm if you dont want to keep using the jig everytime
9) install sx cfw
10) reboot console
11) have wifi enabled and go to album then activate license

each time you power down your console you will need to have the dongle inserted each time you power the console on, you dont need to use the jig or keep hold of vol + button.

the usb port on the dongle will likely be a means to connect to a PC if needed to update it at a later date, it does not function as a means to charge the dongle or console.

it never states in the guide to connect the dongle and charge it, those people who then go connecting it to a direct power source then are epic n00bs, you run the risk of sending shit loads of power through the dongle and cause damage, it does not contain a battery so why on earth would you think it needs to be charged.... what is there to even charge, just a nice massive voltage sent surging through it and likely blow its capacitors.

the light on the dongle is a means to inform the user what battery power is left in the console, it will light blue to say its ok, green to say it has charge, as charge on the console depletes the colour of the dongle light will go to a yellow colour.
A blue light flashes from the dongle what does this mean

According to this it has enough juice, green mean it needs to be charged. Don't quote me on this one lol as I dont own a SX OS dongle, im running off a mod chip.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BA2AE86E-EEB8-481C-B3C2-D585639A4E5A.jpeg
seriously there is nothing I haven’t tried formatted different sd cards the sx dongle refuses to inject the sx payload see pic I realise this happens when it can’t find boot.dat file there is nothing I haven’t tried last night I even swapped sd card readers in the switch exactly the same result ... the thing is the switch is banned and it won’t even play retail games wants the update effectively making the switch a brick ... the sx dongle works perfect on my sons switch ,,, switch is on 6.2 and yes the boot. Dat is on the root of sd card

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you check the serial number of that switch? and it's possible that the hardware is just messed up, mainly the sd card reader and maybe even something else connected to it.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 162812 seriously there is nothing I haven’t tried formatted different sd cards the sx dongle refuses to inject the sx payload see pic I realise this happens when it can’t find boot.dat file there is nothing I haven’t tried last night I even swapped sd card readers in the switch exactly the same result ... the thing is the switch is banned and it won’t even play retail games wants the update effectively making the switch a brick ... the sx dongle works perfect on my sons switch ,,, switch is on 6.2 and yes the boot. Dat is on the root of sd card
I know this is a stupid question but you do have the boot.dat file on the micro sd, right?

Also can you boot atmosphere

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have boot.dat on your MicroSD card, it should work. Boot your Switch up normally and go into Settings - Data Management. Does your Switch detect your microSD card?

kucarachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have to install the apx? driver when you initially hook it up to your pc? Sometimes this has happened to me when i unplug it before it loads. I think its called APX driver for switch...but it ask you if you want to install that when you plug it in. I can't install the payload when it does that...maybe you are having a similar issue.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 162812 seriously there is nothing I haven’t tried formatted different sd cards the sx dongle refuses to inject the sx payload see pic I realise this happens when it can’t find boot.dat file there is nothing I haven’t tried last night I even swapped sd card readers in the switch exactly the same result ... the thing is the switch is banned and it won’t even play retail games wants the update effectively making the switch a brick ... the sx dongle works perfect on my sons switch ,,, switch is on 6.2 and yes the boot. Dat is on the root of sd card
does you switch detect the sd card. also you can update using choidujour and play your retail games then.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you check the serial number of that switch? and it's possible that the hardware is just messed up, mainly the sd card reader and maybe even something else connected to it.
It’s a day one switch sxos stuff use to work fine in it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know this is a stupid question but you do have the boot.dat file on the micro sd, right?

Also can you boot atmosphere
Yes it’s right were it’s suppose to be

Because that was a week ago and nobody could help me and though I would try a different crowd

does you switch detect the sd card. also you can update using choidujour and play your retail games then.
I can’t use choidnujour because I can’t access sxos and homebrew stuff

It’s a day one switch sxos stuff use to work fine in it

Yes it’s right were it’s suppose to be

Because that was a week ago and nobody could help me and though I would try a different crowd

I can’t use choidnujour because I can’t access sxos and homebrew stuff
I assume my switch recognizes card because it will format the card for me and it also recognizes if I take sd card out

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let the Switch format the SD card. Then download something from the eShop, something free. Let it install. Run the game, make sure it boots. Power the Switch off. eject the SD card. Power back on, try to run the game.

If the game does not run (tells you to insert mSD) you're good to go. Power off your Switch, extract boot.dat to the mSD. Finally, reinsert SD and eject payload.

Ignore everyone telling you that the payload injecting is at fault. If you get the Boot.dat? screen, the payload is being sent successfully. The issue here is that the Switch does not appear to be recognizing the SD card.

Last edited by blahblah,
Reactions: gizmomelb

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You may have to install the apx? driver when you initially hook it up to your pc? Sometimes this has happened to me when i unplug it before it loads. I think its called APX driver for switch...but it ask you if you want to install that when you plug it in. I can't install the payload when it does that...maybe you are having a similar issue.
I’ve never actually hooked my switch to my pc never needed to always just used sxos and the dongle

The
Let the Switch format the SD card. Then download something from the eShop, something free. Let it install. Run the game, make sure it boots. Power the Switch off. eject the SD card. Power back on, try to run the game.

If the game does not run (tells you to insert mSD) you're good to go. Power off your Switch, extract boot.dat to the mSD. Finally, reinsert SD and eject payload.

Ignore everyone telling you that the payload injecting is at fault. If you get the Boot.dat? screen, the payload is being sent successfully. The issue here is that the Switch does not appear to be recognizing the SD card.
problem is switch is banned and can’t access e shop

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let the Switch format the SD card, then hit the screenshot button a few times. Power off, put SD card into the PC. Do you see the screenshots? They will be in the Nintendo/Album folder
Ok thanks I’ll try it tonight when I get home is that two see if the sd card reader is working

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks I’ll try it tonight when I get home is that two see if the sd card reader is working

If the screenshots appear on SD when you do that, we have options to get this Switch fixed. If they don't appear, format the drive as FAT32 on a computer and test again. If they still do not appear, your Switch is damaged in some way.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
W
If the screenshots appear on SD when you do that, we have options to get this Switch fixed. If they don't appear, format the drive as FAT32 on a computer and test again. If they still do not appear, your Switch is damaged in some way.
what do you mean options to get this switch fixed ... how and I thought when you take screen shots it saves to the system memory

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W

what do you mean options to get this switch fixed ... how and I thought when you take screen shots it saves to the system memory

If you have a microSD card inserted in the Switch, screenshots are saved to SD.

What I said is what I mean. Depending on what you see when you follow the steps I posted, I may have more steps you can follow that will result in this Switch being fixed. But if the screenshots do not appear on microSD even after following everything I posted, there is likely a hardware issue with your Switch that I can not fix over the Internet.

I suspect that your mSD is formatted with the wrong file system, but I can't figure that out until you get home and are ready for support.

Last edited by blahblah,

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a microSD card inserted in the Switch, screenshots are saved to SD.

What I said is what I mean. Depending on what you see when you follow the steps I posted, I may have more steps you can follow that will result in this Switch being fixed. But if the screenshots do not appear on microSD even after following everything I posted, there is likely a hardware issue with your Switch that I can not fix over the Internet.

I suspect that your mSD is formatted with the wrong file system, but I can't figure that out until you get home and are ready for support.
Ok thanks tried formatting exfat via pc then switch nothing changes but I read something on here someone said format by pc with ntfs then put it in the switch and allow switch to format but never had to do this before so not sure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?