Hacking Problem pushing sxos payload pic included

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this seems far fetched and probably a bit paranoid but could Nintendo have slipped in a silent update because it makes absolutely no sence why this has stopped working for

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I half-wish the OP was local to me, I really do want to figure out what the hell is being done wrong.
That’s the thing nothings been done wrong

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll probably get yelled at for this, but you could update to the latest 7.0.1 and try again, based upon you saying the only thing different between yours and your son's being the FW version

Btw.. where are you based ? (I don't recongnise the flag)

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably get yelled at for this, but you could update to the latest 7.0.1 and try again, based upon you saying the only thing different between yours and your son's being the FW version

Btw.. where are you based ? (I don't recongnise the flag)
I’m in Australia yes I did consider updating to 7.0 but the problem is switch is banned and can’t use choidnujour if I can’t insert any payloads .. unless a game has the 7.0 update doubt it though

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m in Australia yes I did consider updating to 7.0 but the problem is switch is banned and can’t use choidnujour if I can’t insert any payloads .. unless a game has the 7.0 update doubt it though

long shot...

but if your son updated to 7.0.1 couldn't you update yours via his wirelessly ? then as long as he did it correctly he could downgrade again afterwards

just a suggestion, it may not work, but you seem to be going around in circles atm

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
long shot...

but if your son updated to 7.0.1 couldn't you update yours via his wirelessly ? then as long as he did it correctly he could downgrade again afterwards

just a suggestion, it may not work, but you seem to be going around in circles atm
No my sons is on 6.1 and I’m on 6.2 his works flawlessly and mine won’t fire a shot it’s doing my head in

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks think I’m ready to move on a few people here has really tried and I appreciate that a lot think it might be some sort of serious hardware issue going on

If you want me to give a last ditch effort into it, grab Teamviewer and Discord and PM me.

I know this seems far fetched and probably a bit paranoid but could Nintendo have slipped in a silent update because it makes absolutely no sence why this has stopped working for

That’s the thing nothings been done wrong

Nope.

Clearly something is being done wrong at some level. If the SD card is detected by the Switch - screenshots you take are written to it - then something is being done wrong.

I want to look at your SD partitions, the screenshots you took and extract a non-SX CFW to the card and see if that can be booted.

Reactions: peteruk

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want me to give a last ditch effort into it, grab Teamviewer and Discord and PM me.

Nope.

Clearly something is being done wrong at some level. If the SD card is detected by the Switch - screenshots you take are written to it - then something is being done wrong.

I want to look at your SD partitions, the screenshots you took and extract a non-SX CFW to the card and see if that can be booted.
Ok I have never actually used pc to push the payload to switch I’ll have a play around with atosphere cfw and get back with my results

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok I have never actually used pc to push the payload to switch I’ll have a play around with atosphere cfw and get back with my results

You don't need to do that, the reason you're seeing the Boot.dat screen is because the payload has been sent and executed properly - so the dongle is fine. The switch is just not seeing the boot.dat file - hence you're seeing that screen.

1: You either have a faulty sd card - or it's formatted incorrectly, it needs to be fat32 or exfat.
2: Boot your device into OFW, if a Nintendo folder gets created - there is no problem with the sd card reader or sd card.

Following the above will show 3 things:
Pushing payloads is good - (hence the boot dat message).
Sd card reader and sd card are fine - otherwise you wouldn't have a Nintendo folder.
Switch is hackable - otherwise you'd just get a black screen - no Boot.dat message.

Test mico sd card - with installed boot.dat in another switch - if it boots:
Last problem - faulty firmware (corrupted data), or nand partition sectors corrupted - use guides to reflash firmware (with exfat) or restore from a dumped backup (which you should already have).

Last edited by mrdude,

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to do that, the reason you're seeing the Boot.dat screen is because the payload has been sent and executed properly - so the dongle is fine. The switch is just not seeing the boot.dat file - hence you're seeing that screen.

1: You either have a faulty sd card - or it's formatted incorrectly, it needs to be fat32 or exfat.
2: Boot your device into OFW, if a Nintendo folder gets created - there is no problem with the sd card reader or sd card.

Following the above will show 3 things:
Pushing payloads is good - (hence the boot dat message).
Sd card reader and sd card are fine - otherwise you wouldn't have a Nintendo folder.
Switch is hackable - otherwise you'd just get a black screen - no Boot.dat message.

Test mico sd card - with installed boot.dat in another switch - if it boots:
Last problem - faulty firmware (corrupted data), or nand partition sectors corrupted - use guides to reflash firmware (with exfat) or restore from a dumped backup (which you should already have).
I’ve done all that multiple times I have the Nintendo folder what do you mean by corrupted data , you mean on the switch itself I updated to 6.2 through choidnujour due to a banned switch I did backup my Nand before hand but there is no way to restore if I can’t boot custom firmware

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
EDIT, come to think about it - you can have a totaly blank nand (all zero's/no firmware) and still boot into sxos (keep finger on v+ while booting) or hekate menu, if you can't run any of those there's something wrong with your switch. Weird how it works with OFW, just buy a new switch and sell yours to someone who doesn't want to use CFW.

Are you sure boot.dat is not corrupted? (or your micro sd card is working properly) - I don't think it can be anything else, unless the payload you're sending is corrupted. You can push a payload with your computer - download sx payload and use this to push the payload to your switch:

https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases/download/2.5/TegraRcmGUI_v2.5_portable.zip

Last edited by mrdude,

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just for the same picture. I formatted the sd card and copied everything back over and I cant get passes the sx loading screen it just turns black

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT, come to think about it - you can have a totaly blank nand (all zero's/no firmware) and still boot into sxos (keep finger on v+ while booting) or hekate menu, if you can't run any of those there's something wrong with your switch. Weird how it works with OFW, just buy a new switch and sell yours to someone who doesn't want to use CFW.

Are you sure boot.dat is not corrupted? (or your micro sd card is working properly) - I don't think it can be anything else, unless the payload you're sending is corrupted. You can push a payload with your computer - download sx payload and use this to push the payload to your switch:

https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases/download/2.5/TegraRcmGUI_v2.5_portable.zip
Yes I wanna try all what you said but I can’t do a thing until team xe get there website up and running so I can download all necessary files in the meantime gonna try and push atmosphere and see what happens just waiting for usb c cable from amazon just on a side note it does boot ofw fine but the thing is I can’t do much because all games I own are asking for an update and switch is banned so it’s effectively a brick ..

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I wanna try all what you said but I can’t do a thing until team xe get there website up and running so I can download all necessary files in the meantime gonna try and push atmosphere and see what happens just waiting for usb c cable from amazon just on a side note it does boot ofw fine but the thing is I can’t do much because all games I own are asking for an update and switch is banned so it’s effectively a brick ..
Google xecuter rocks and you'll find what you're looking for.

And have you tried using your son's SD card in your Switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro