Hacking Problem pushing sxos payload pic included

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
happens all the time when I insert sxos dongle switch on 6.2 it’s doing my head in
14019C46-B40D-4153-B74D-76BF92A6E5A8.jpeg

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate your reply’s but I’m not an idiot the boot.dat file is exactly where it needs to be it’s just very inconsistent eventually got it to work after 20 attempts, I think the sd card reader is faulty because I went to try and format through the switch and it says unable to find sd card .has been an ongoing issue for a long time now ... I do have a replacement gonna try and swap it out just waiting for my screwdriver ordered off ebay. ....

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happens all the time when I insert sxos dongle switch on 6.2 it’s doing my head in View attachment 162663
whats your sd card brand were did you purchase it...

save your license request.dat and license.dat to pc
reformat the sd card to exfat, place your
license request.dat and license.dat back onto sd card along with the latest boot.dat from TX OS web page

You have possible sd card corruption, bad cable or adapter dongle, or a fake sd card...
or even a loose sd card reader connection in switch..
These are why your having the issues you stated.

good luck

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe it's your micro sd card that's faulty, It's probably better to swap that first before you start messing about with screwdrivers.

Reactions: Canna

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
whats your sd card brand were did you purchase it...

save your license request.dat and license.dat to pc
reformat the sd card to exfat, place your
license request.dat and license.dat back onto sd card along with the latest boot.dat from TX OS web page

You have possible sd card corruption, bad cable or adapter dongle, or a fake sd card...
or even a loose sd card reader connection in switch..
These are why your having the issues you stated.

good luck
Don’t think it’s the sd card struggling with 3 different cards formatted multiple times I think my last option is try and replace the sd card reader

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe it's your micro sd card that's faulty, It's probably better to swap that first before you start messing about with screwdrivers.
I’ve tried 3 different cards been struggling with all of em

Volthax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Ram Ranch is not the issue here.
Try formatting your SD Card correctly and then putting the boot.dat on the root of your SD Card, if this does not work try blowing into your SD Card Slot and then pushing it in again.
Does it not work even after that? Congratulations.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ram Ranch is not the issue here.
Try formatting your SD Card correctly and then putting the boot.dat on the root of your SD Card, if this does not work try blowing into your SD Card Slot and then pushing it in again.
Does it not work even after that? Congratulations.
What’s ram ranch ?? I did all that numerous time tried every single thing possible except replace the sd card reader

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope tonight I installed a new sd card reader and exact same problem I have now exhausted all possibilities just don’t know what could possibly be wrong it’s not the dongle because it works on my sons switch flawlessly the only thing I haven’t tried is downloading another boot.dat file from team xe website maybe it’s corrupted if that’s even possible

pick421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t think it’s the sd card struggling with 3 different cards formatted multiple times I think my last option is try and replace the sd card reader

I’ve tried 3 different cards been struggling with all of em

Make sure they are UHS-I AND Class 10

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try a new dongle, you dont have to use sx os dongle, ns atmosphere one or the rcm one work.
Can’t be the dongle it works fine on my sons switch

Try a new dongle, you dont have to use sx os dongle, ns atmosphere one or the rcm one work.
Ok just curious with the atmosphere dongle would it just be a matter of putting the sxos dat file followed by your license file on the root similar to the sx dongle ... thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t be the dongle it works fine on my sons switch

Ok just curious with the atmosphere dongle would it just be a matter of putting the sxos dat file followed by your license file on the root similar to the sx dongle ... thanks

The NS Atmosphere dongle is just an alternative dongle you can try to send payload, but I doubt the problem is the dongle, as it can't find the boot.dat on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by Hayato213,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nope tonight I installed a new sd card reader and exact same problem I have now exhausted all possibilities just don’t know what could possibly be wrong it’s not the dongle because it works on my sons switch flawlessly the only thing I haven’t tried is downloading another boot.dat file from team xe website maybe it’s corrupted if that’s even possible
Try formatting it as FAT32, 32k clusters. Use Minitool Partition Wizard or guiformat to do so if the card is larger than 32GB. ExFAT has some issues with corruption.

Also if your MicroSD cards aren't bought from reputable sellers like Amazon themselves, Newegg or a local store near you then you may have gotten fakes or faulty cards. Yes, it's not unlikely that every card you've got is fake/faulty if all of them are bought from eBay, 3rd party Amazon sellers, Chinese sellers and the like. You'd be surprised at how common fake SD cards are. Especially if the price or capacity seemed too good to be true.
You can test them with h2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows)
Takes a while to do but you should at least test one of them, make sure that one is good and then use that for all your troubleshooting.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Hayato213 and Canna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita