Problem organizing roms M3Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Satangel, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I have a M3Real + GBA expansion pack (of the M3Real)
    Ive put all my .nds files in the folder NDS, and that folder is in the root of my microSD.
    But when I click NDS game on the M3 menu, all it says is browser.nds, which is the Opera Browser I put on it.
    No other roms.

How can I solve this problem?

2. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    On the game menu, tap on the little folder icon in the bottom left (might take a few times. Touch screen response is a bit rubbish). Make sure the NDS folder is set as your default folder.

3. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    Yes, you may have it set so that it's looking for roms at a different place from where you put them e.g. you set the location to the root when you want it to search /NDS/.

Chrono_Tata's suggestion would allow you to change that to the right directory.

4. Jarn

Jarn Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    I have a related question: can I have it sorted into folders inside the NDS folder (so it's easier to see the saves for the game) or does it have to be IN the NDS folder? What I mean is:

/NDS/game_name/game_name.nds

versus

/NDS/game_name.nds

Is the top one acceptable? Or only the bottom? And would I be correct in assuming that, whichever way it functions, GBA functionality is the same? While SNES emulators and the like ca be stored anywhere?

5. Perseid

Perseid GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2007
    United States
    NDS/directory/file will probably not work, but if you press Start you can choose what folder the NDS button picks, so you can do:

NDS1/game.nds
    NDS2/game.nds

It's a little hokey and I wish I could just navigate for my games like every other card, but this is OK. I guess.

6. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I finally managed to organize my roms correctly, tnx for all the help!

7. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    I don't see why you would need to put them in separate folders

8. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    I have more than one dircectory for my roms. My favorites, ones to try and all others. It has to be like this as there is a limit to the number of roms in a directory of 127 iirc. Any more than that and the games listing in the menu becomes corrupt.

9. snowcorn22

snowcorn22 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2008
    Malta

This is great to know... was looking for this solution, and found it now!
    Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice