Country
United States
OuahOuah said:
Just saw that : all my GC backup are DVD+R
frown.gif

Damn GC with mediacode special...
Anyway, good news indeed
smile.gif

What is wrong with +R... won't work? Could you just burn the +R as DVD-ROM?

bob1342678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
The MIOS patcher allows you to choose between 2 version:
1. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support.
2. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support and GC Backup Launcher included.

The second version can be started from Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and from the Wii disc channel (Rebooter from Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma).
I don't have tested it, but it should work with the CIOSCORP stuff. If the GC game is started from disc channel, the power off button will work. Otherwise it will only reset the Wii.

ok so wheres the patcher??

B

BryceOne

bob1342678 said:
ok so wheres the patcher??

Well, since #2 says it includes the GC Backup Launcher. I assume this means the patcher will come out when the loader does.

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
wait, this means that there is no separate procedure needed to play a gc backup through the disc channel (assuming cioscorp is installed), right?

SolidSnake120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please explain to me what exactly the MIOS and CIOSCORP are for, and what they do. im newer and im trying to figure out the terms so please dont blast me with rage fueled responses. From what i have gathered atleast CIOSCORP lets region free games from the normal disk channel, and i think it also makes 99% or so of backup wii games work fine? am i correct with this (example: if i install CIOSCORP my metal slug anthology would let me play all the games not just a few) and the MIOS are some kind of drivers or something? im just trying to learn and figure things out and would appreciate some info, before the GC backup launcher is released. Totally siked for it, i really want to get some japanes games and stuff. Wii gator u make great stuff!

B

BryceOne

Sstew said:
Forgot to ask this, but I need to go and dont have time to read through,

Will these disk need to be patched at all?

Thanks

No patching necessary for the Gamecube disc.. Just burn the ISO as is. (Unless they find a game not to be working that they will require to be patched)

I-Iybr1d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hfusion.planetaclix.pt
XP
Country
You guys are extraordinary! Finally i can use my backups instead of the ol' little discs ^^.

but im confused, where is the loader? i only see the mios, is the mios also the loader install?

Either way, if not, i don't really care about waiting for the loader, im just happy i can put my originals to rest.

Its unbelievable how homebrew has evolved, you can literaly make everything work on something thats wasnt made for it ^^

Hail to WiiGator and Waninkoko

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiGator said:
The DVD-R must be burned with a minimum size. 600 MB games are not working. I assume the minimum is 1GB (DVD standard). So you will need fstfix to generate bigger images.

I have a trimmed size rom "Mario Kart Double Dash" (468MB). Will it work if I burn it using ImgBurn ?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:
WiiGator said:
The DVD-R must be burned with a minimum size. 600 MB games are not working. I assume the minimum is 1GB (DVD standard). So you will need fstfix to generate bigger images.

I have a trimmed size rom "Mario Kart Double Dash" (468MB). Will it work if I burn it using ImgBurn ?

No! Minimal size is 1GB as WiiGator said. You need something to expand the ISO or wait for multigame-support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/HzRGkeVySqE?si=RpzYP5tJsOViNLRj