Preview GC Backup Launcher for Wii

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mmmm....intresting
unsure.gif

so what do i do with the latest mios? do i joust put them on the root of my SD or do i have to create a forlder? name? or do i have to install all of the 4 files of the latest mios v8 using WADMANAger?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Egonny said:
Satangel said:
So this means I can play NTSC-U backups on my PAL memory card?
Yes.

Well, since the Wii's integrated savegame manager killed a lot of my gamecube saves, i would search first for a good homebrew savegame manager to backup your saves before doing anything else on the Wii. And if i understood correctly, all saves are deleted when your memory card changes its region.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh i got a 4mb mem card, and Just realized that Pokemon Colosseum alone takes up the whole space in the memcard. Gonna buy a 64mb one..
I would suggest people getting memory cards from DX
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Before i buy new memory cards i wait for WiiGator to confirm or deny gamecube games running in Wii mode. If they are running in Wii mode, i could be possible to emulate memory cards on sd card.

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Levente said:
teusjuh said:
he means full size dvd (12cm)

So this GC backup loader only works with full size dvds? It would be idiocy to burn one 1.35GB GC game to a 4.7GB dvd...

mini discs are expensive as hell i would rather use a big dvd to burn small games are 25 cents a pop then pay 5 bucks to burn one on a mini disc

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some clarifications:
My old MIOS v6 hyper links pointed to MIOSv8.

There is only one MIOS version required. So just download what you can download.
The MIOS patcher will download MIOS and you can select the version to install.

It runs in GameCube mode. It runs not in Wii mode. It is started from Wii mode.

I meant that it takes early control of PowerPC part of MIOS. The ARM/Starlet part runs normally (except one Bit).
Theoretically it is possible to add Wii Remote or SD card support to ARM code, but there need to be very much code written. Don't expect this to be done. You need a GC controller and a GC memory card, if you want to save. You can play without a GC memory card. I know a guy, who never saved game states. It was really painful to see him always starting from the beginning. I invoked him to use a memory card and he finally did save.

The MIOS patcher allows you to choose between 2 version:
1. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support.
2. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support and GC Backup Launcher included.

The second version can be started from Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and from the Wii disc channel (Rebooter from Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma).
I don't have tested it, but it should work with the CIOSCORP stuff. If the GC game is started from disc channel, the power off button will work. Otherwise it will only reset the Wii.

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RockmanForte said:
LOL!

Don't get me wrong. I would love to know about it too but it's best not to ask. *HEHE*
tongue.gif

yeah you have right it was only a joke with what i mean with creepy

a joke breakes the time that we must wait
smileipb2.png

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already said I want to release it this week.

The good news is that we haven't find yet a game which is not working. Arm the Homeless need still to post his results and his video.

If waninkoko adds multigame support, I don't know how long this will take. When this is released without support for it, we get multigame support a short time later.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
Some clarifications:
My old MIOS v6 hyper links pointed to MIOSv8.

There is only one MIOS version required. So just download what you can download.
The MIOS patcher will download MIOS and you can select the version to install.

It runs in GameCube mode. It runs not in Wii mode. It is started from Wii mode.

I meant that it takes early control of PowerPC part of MIOS. The ARM/Starlet part runs normally (except one Bit).
Theoretically it is possible to add Wii Remote or SD card support to ARM code, but there need to be very much code written. Don't expect this to be done. You need a GC controller and a GC memory card, if you want to save. You can play without a GC memory card. I know a guy, who never saved game states. It was really painful to see him always starting from the beginning. I invoked him to use a memory card and he finally did save.

The MIOS patcher allows you to choose between 2 version:
1. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support.
2. MIOS with homebrew and DVD-R support and GC Backup Launcher included.

The second version can be started from Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and from the Wii disc channel (Rebooter from Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma).
I don't have tested it, but it should work with the CIOSCORP stuff. If the GC game is started from disc channel, the power off button will work. Otherwise it will only reset the Wii.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(teusjuh @ Feb 3 2009, 10:37 PM) Wiigator do you know when the release date is??

and thanks for the new info

Dude he's the inventor?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@teusjuh,

Yeah, I know what you mean.
smile.gif

@WiiGator,

We can't wait and thank you! You are great!

@waninkoko,

Thank you as well.
biggrin.gif

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there is no cIOS? is it just a modified MIOS to read burned gamecube images? can it read multi-iso's for gamecube games? if not will the next version support multi-games?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks WiiGator/Waninkoko

Can't wait!

So for now, its 1 game per disk correct?
With Full Size DVD-R support. Mini DVD's are expensive here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol