• Start date
  • Views 38,218
  • Replies 261

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that if you enable Standby and have Preloader ignore the settings, you can power-down fine from the System menu, but not if you try to do so from the Homebrew Channel (actually goes to Standby). Perhaps that this is an issue with HBC's shutdown code, or it can be worked out from Preloader's angle, I don't know. Guess I will either not be using Standby (I never use News/Weather), or not be shutting down from the HBC.

tomm2cool

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tomm2cool said:
afif95 said:
* added a setting which allows to always turn you wii off even when standby is enabled
This is so hot! Now all my channels work perfect and the fan I have attached to my Wii will only be on when my Wii is on. A nice and peaceful sleep.
biggrin.gif

I just realized this setting is "half-way" cool.
unsure.gif
I tried power off my Wii while I was on the Homebrew Channel and the annoying standby light is on! UGH! So does this mean this setting will only work under the system menu?

QUOTE(IlluminiX @ Feb 10 2009, 01:16 PM)
It seems that if you enable Standby and have Preloader ignore the settings, you can power-down fine from the System menu, but not if you try to do so from the Homebrew Channel (actually goes to Standby). Perhaps that this is an issue with HBC's shutdown code, or it can be worked out from Preloader's angle, I don't know. Guess I will either not be using Standby (I never use News/Weather), or not be shutting down from the HBC.
Deja-Vu?
smileipb2.png

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tomm2cool said:
tomm2cool said:
afif95 said:
* added a setting which allows to always turn you wii off even when standby is enabled
This is so hot! Now all my channels work perfect and the fan I have attached to my Wii will only be on when my Wii is on. A nice and peaceful sleep.
biggrin.gif
I just realized this setting is "half-way" cool.
unsure.gif
I tried power off my Wii while I was on the Homebrew Channel and the annoying standby light is on! UGH! So does this mean this setting will only work under the system menu?
The guy above you just said that
Anyways, my problem got solved by this
my wiimote isn't always on the charger dock, but if it is, I only have to boot HBC and power off
else I can just power it of in the sym and it won't use it's standby for nothing

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii going into standby after turning off from the hbc was there in .27 this setting i believe was an attempt to fix that bug

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
set autoboot to system menu doesn't work for me. the screens stays black, nothing happens, wiimote can't connect
my system menu is 3.2. what could be wrong?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok we have a new version. My only question is has the rebooter bug been fixed? Since the release of preloader If it's installed the rebooter tool for Gecko OS and the Backup Launcher do not work. Has this been fixed yet? If not well guess I'm still waiting.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That is not a bug, Gamma and GeckOS need to change the location of the main.dol of SysMenu to work with PreLoader.

If you enter and change the setting in preloader Standby mode to off, you can now use the Standby mode like it has to work, if you can't set SysMenu as autoboot then you have a problem try using the preloader remover and then or installing the SysMenu and install preloader back again...!!!
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried reinstalling the system menu with wad manager and then preloader again. No effect, still won't autoboot.
Where can I find that preloader remover?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
That is not a bug, Gamma and GeckOS need to change the location of the main.dol of SysMenu to work with PreLoader.

If you enter and change the setting in preloader Standby mode to off, you can now use the Standby mode like it has to work, if you can't set SysMenu as autoboot then you have a problem try using the preloader remover and then or installing the SysMenu and install preloader back again...!!!
smile.gif

So to fix the problem one would have to recompile a custom version of the app? I'm not too skilled with this but I may have to look into it. the lack of the use of rebooter is my main concern for this tool.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm,
Pocloaders don't work anymore?
ohmy.gif

---
Crazy Intro doesn't work v3 (Black screen or faggy code dump)
Wii Home does work

--- yet others to test?

Nvm, all do work...

But Dolforwarders and Crazy Intro do give Code dumps or don't even load by me some times...

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
afif95 said:
Changelog:
QUOTE said:
* rewrote the hacks parser, it's more solid now and detects syntax errors much better
* added a new font
* optimised menu layout
* you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry
* added beta version related code
* fixed that when shut down from the systemmenu the wii always got powered down instead of using the set shutdownmode.
* fixed a bug which would prevented to update to a non beta update during beta tests
* fixed a bug in the systemmenu hacks scrolling code

Right now, it's only available via WiFi update.

So, what are yeh waiting for?
does that mean you dont need to have 10 "remove no copy flag" you can just have them all under one name?

EDIT and theres a bug where the disk will still be spinning even when off, i thought my wii was making funny noises
Yeah, I noticed when I tried to set the ignore standy thing off the disk will spin when off. Only when I put the ignore standby setting back to on did it fix the problem.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, does "you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry" mean that the following should example should work to "Skip disc update"?

[Skip disc update]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000
version=289
offset=0x813791A4
value=0x60000000

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually the format looks like that:

Code:
[Replace healthwarning with backmenu]
version=258
offset=0x81625F20,0x81626708
value=0x813EA984,0x813EADF8
(not a working code!)

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, good thing I asked! Where did you find that example, if I may ask? Oh I see, tomm2cool has a different way of doing it down below. If they both work, then that's fine, I guess.

tomm2cool

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IlluminiX said:
Just to clarify, does "you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry" mean that the following should example should work to "Skip disc update"?

[Skip disc update]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000
version=289
offset=0x813791A4
value=0x60000000
I believe you just put the version number once, then just paste the multiple offset & value figures under one heading. Thats how I did it for mine.
smile.gif
Example:

[Skip disc update]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000
offset=0x813791A4
value=0x60000000

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
usually takesd 30 seconds to show on main screen

Posts merged

tomm2cool said:
IlluminiX said:

[Skip disc update]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000
version=289
offset=0x813791A4
value=0x60000000
I believe you just put the version number once, then just paste the multiple offset & value figures under one heading. Thats how I did it for mine.
smile.gif
Example:

[Skip disc update]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000
offset=0x813791A4
value=0x60000000

Thats how Ive done the hacks.ini creator 0.2 ... seems to work ok....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop flapping your stick in my face