Homebrew postLoader4

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn those Devkits! Sup stfour, hope all is well. Smack those bugs up don't let em get you ;-) I'm not having any issues with games not showing up thus far but haven't tried net connectivity with latest build yet. I'll d/load and check but don't have much time over the next day or two :(

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
updated to 3.6.8.5 and still no wii games. Wonder if rockband2 installed something? I dunno.. sucks having no games. Everything else but.

lost

Have you tryed to update title cache ?

[home]->Game options->Rebuild game list (ntfs/fat)...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange that you got so much problems here with the new devkit... Over in wiiflow everything is fine, libogc r4902 and devkitppc r25, net init works just fine here. Maybe it makes a diff that we always use a cIOS?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Strange that you got so much problems here with the new devkit... Over in wiiflow everything is fine, libogc r4902 and devkitppc r25, net init works just fine here. Maybe it makes a diff that we always use a cIOS?

I've not test with ciosx, but the same code that worked for r24, doesn't works for r25... if_config always returned -22 (but I wasn't able to find what the error means)....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you... this is crazy... when you do "[home]->Game options->Rebuild game list (ntfs/fat)..." you see something on screen... a windows with title search should be displayed...

Anyway I will prepare a debugging versione to better understand what is happenning... your wbsf.cfg is empty (just 1 null byte inside)...

@[member='AbdallahTerro']: I'm working on it but I'm very busy in these days...

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having problems with the latest (r75) version of NEEK2O and postloader when it comes to playing VC titles?

It would appear that whilst Wiiware seems OK, VC stuff seems to fail to launch (TV completely loses video signal) if it hasn't been played before. If llaunch the title form the same emulated NAND files but outside of NEEK (that is using postloader under my 'real' NAND but using emulation under a cIOS) then they work as expected. After having been played here they then start to work under the NEEK environment too.

Should be easy enough to reproduce I would think.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opps sorry, window says "No games found !" with a circled exclamation mark.

its like it doesn't see the other partition with all the wii wbfs files anymore. :(

lost

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k bit of a update, on my first partition i made a folder wbfs and copied a game over to it. guess what it see's the game. Both are fat32 partitions. hope this helps.

lost

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
updated to 3.6.8.5 and still no wii games. Wonder if rockband2 installed something? I dunno.. sucks having no games. Everything else but.

lost

yup first thing i tried... :(

Just to add to this that I've just tried this, as one game was not showing, and now I'm also being told no games found.

nvm, working now, must have been a glitch with my HDD.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

lost

Just to add to this that I've just tried this, as one game was not showing, and now I'm also being told no games found.

glitch? did you maybe do something with the hd? add/remove something?

lost

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country

lost

glitch? did you maybe do something with the hd? add/remove something?

lost

No, just one day didn't work, then it did. Guess for some reason it wasn't seeing my HDD. Sorry I can't be of assistance.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 3.69.0 (can't be actually downloaded with modmii, I need some positive feedbacks, before releasing full distribution)

* Added a lot of debug output informations
* dml: changed game configuration structure to keep full path of the .iso
* dml: now search both usb://ngc and usb://games folders for gc games
* dml: games folders can have any names. Also the id isn't required at all. Don't use games folder names longer than 80 characters
* Changed cache file names (now wbfs.dat and dml.dat... this will require a cache rebuild)
* Changed some initialization code
* Wiiload thread will now wait 5 seconds before start
* Updated some function names
* Corrected a possible bug on covercache thread stop shared variables.
* Some code clean
* Recompiled with devkitPPC R25-1 and libogc 1.8.10. Network is working

@lost_loven, I don't know if this version will solve your problem. But it contains a lot of debug informations that will help me to track the problem. So, if doesn't works, please do the following:

1) As usual, create on the root of sd an empty file named ploader.log (sd://ploader.log).
2) [home]->Game options->Rebuild game list (ntfs/fat)...
3) Send me the log

Thank you ;)

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

New version seems to all be hanging together as you'd expect. I can't see any problems with it.

I'm not sure if you saw my post from a few days ago - under NEEK2O VC titles don't work if the title does not have an entry in the uid.sys (but Wiiware does which is odd). If a title is run from normal emulated NAND under cIOS 249, say, then it will start working in NEEK2O. It's strange that Wiiware seems completely unaffected though. Not sure if there is a difference as to how games are launched depending on if they're WW or VC...?

Also I notice when running under NAND emulation is CIOS249 I have a great deal more success launching titles using the 'Apploader' method - is there a way to set all of my games to this in one click (like you have for setting the default loader for wbfs games)?

EDIT: Problem with VC under NEEK2O might be determined by something other than uid.sys entry. Just tried manually adding the entry into my NAND dump and the game still fails to launch until it has been played in other environment... may need a bit of investigation so let me know if I can help in any way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLZVtt_H8