Homebrew postLoader4

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
If there is anyone out there who is having problems getting there games to cache correctly... Try defragmenting your FAT Drive!! Seems my cache kept code dumping because it was trying to write over a bad sector. :blink: Was trying to figure out this problem forever... can't believe how simple the answer was!

Oh snap, and whatsup MassiveRican! Hope all is good buddeh!
things are going well enough 2 b grateful for what I have lol. Your forwarder collection has grown to pretty epic proportions my friend glad 2 c u out here and letting people know bout that bad ass collection ;-)

Spread the world of love and peace Mastershoes and I'm glad that postloader issue worked itself out, I defrag at least once every two weeks cuz I got a shitload of stuff on my HDD and it's constantly constantly changing so that's good advice.

Hope all is well on your front and many blessings homie.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If there is anyone out there who is having problems getting there games to cache correctly... Try defragmenting your FAT Drive!! Seems my cache kept code dumping because it was trying to write over a bad sector. :blink: Was trying to figure out this problem forever... can't believe how simple the answer was!

Oh snap, and whatsup MassiveRican! Hope all is good buddeh!

I'm happy you have solved the problem ! Thank you mastershoes for all the tests you have done for me ;)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 3.69.3

* Now postloader keep different configuration files for channels for neek, realnand and emunands
* Default channel mode for neek and real nand is now "compatible mode" (WII_LaunchTitle will be used)
* neekbooter 1.3: neek2o mode for emunand now use WII_LaunchTitle. Should be no real difference from previus version, just smaller executable.

Thank you zfa for your emunand to test. This version should (must) solve the problem you have reported. ;)

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey stfour,
I got a new HDD cause my old one crapped out.....but it is a 3tb....is postloader not compatible with 3tb drives cause when i turned the wii on, it was black screen then booted to hbc....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Start postloader without hdd attached. Then go to [home]->System options->Advanced options->Use cIOSX (249) and select yes. Let me know if something changes...

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well dumped it all to the laptop from the usb drive and nuked both partitions on it. Set it to one fat32 partition on the usb drive and now it see's all the games. Downloading the covers now.
To bad i have to do it this way.. Reason being i like the 2 partitions for the simple fact that when something goes wrong like it has done once before i have had the wii games safe on the other partition and reset/fix the damage that was done. I hate wasting laptop space and burning dvd back ups because it is starting to be space and time consuming. But this is such a great project and sticking with it i am doing cause i like the new ease of the Wii I have found and cant be replaced or bettered than what is set up now.
thanks stfour all you help and making something truly great!!!!

LOST!

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
postLoader 3.69.3

* Now postloader keep different configuration files for channels for neek, realnand and emunands
* Default channel mode for neek and real nand is now "compatible mode" (WII_LaunchTitle will be used)
* neekbooter 1.3: neek2o mode for emunand now use WII_LaunchTitle. Should be no real difference from previus version, just smaller executable.

Thank you zfa for your emunand to test. This version should (must) solve the problem you have reported. ;)

Hey stfour, just quick courtesy message to let you know that all the channels I've tried now work flawlessly under NEEK, be them WW or VC. Thanks for the quick fix.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What happened to code support for emulated or real nand ww/vc? It's not working for me anymore. I have codes folder on the root of my sd card. Is that the correct location? I've been out of the loop for a while can anyone bring me up to date on this?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is a lot of time that I do not try codes, but for sure they should be in the folder /codes on sd or usb (fat32 only)

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's where there at on sd card. I'll try them out on usb. I've been playing different games and such and just recently got back into PostLoader and Wii.

EDIT: No go. Somewhere code support has been broken. Howerver if I use GeckoOS + AccioHacks and install any ww/vc (via MMM) to my real nand, I can get codes to work.
On a side note ww/vc games are working from emulated nand just fine, no complaints or problems.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I still have issues with wii games load. Everytime I try to rebuild the game list, I get a code dumped. Would you like me to send you the ploader.log?

edit: I've also tried to defrag and repair erros on the drive. No avail.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
off topic here sort of, but for multiple nand emulation what should it be on the usb?

usb://nands/nand1 ? nand2 etc

or usb://nand/nand1 ? nand2 etc

lost

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
off topic here sort of, but for multiple nand emulation what should it be on the usb?

usb://nands/nand1 ? nand2 etc

or usb://nand/nand1 ? nand2 etc

lost

Bit of history... (from what I recall, please correct me if wrong!):

As of d2x v6 nands could be stored in a single folder of any name on the root of your device (prior to d2x the actual folders dumped from a nand had to be directly on the root of the device which meant you could only ever have one nand at a time available). stfour's early versions of pl followed suit and allowed you to select any nand which was held in a single folder on the root of your drive (usb:/nand, usb:/another_nand; usb:/whatever_name etc.). This is back before pl included any neek support.

When NEEK2O came along with it's awesome multiple nand support, the structure it used was that nand dumps should be held in folders within the usb:/nands folder - so usb:/nands/nand, usb:/nands/another_nand, usb:/nands/whatever_nand. Once again stfour followed suit and implemented functionality to select any nands held under usb:/nands when running under NEEK2O.

This lead to the pl behaviour differing whether running under a cIOS (where the nands were still being selected from any folder name on the root of the device) or under NEEK2O (where the nands were being selected from any folder name under the usb:/nands folder).

When d2x v7 cIOS was released it had changed to allow nands to now be accessed from folders deeper than just those on the root of a device and so I asked stfour if he could add the folders from usb:/nands/ to those selectable under cIOS emu so that I could use the same nands for both NEEK2O and cIOS emu (so I could access the same saved games etc) and he was good enough to add this.

Where does this leave us?

The upshot is that under NEEK2O nands must be in folders under usb:/nands/ to be selectable whereas under cIOS emulation you can access these NEEK2O nands IN ADDITION TO any nand held in a single folder on the root of your device (as bought in by d2x v6).

For best compatibility, I tend to just have all my nands under usb:/nands/, whether I use them for cIOS or NEEK2O, that way they can be accessed anywhere without messing around at the filesystem level.

Reactions: 1 person

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok well d2x v8 final is installed.. and the path is usb://nands/nand1 and there is a nand2 there.. doesn't see nothing.. in system options i tried ios259 and doesn't see it either, I think i have to check out sneek and see if its setup right maybe?

lost

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
ok well d2x v8 final is installed.. and the path is usb://nands/nand1 and there is a nand2 there.. doesn't see nothing.. in system options i tried ios259 and doesn't see it either, I think i have to check out sneek and see if its setup right maybe?

lost
What did you use to install your emulated nands and neek setup? ModMii is your best bet if you haven't used it already.

If you build the emulated nand with ModMii as well as the neek* folder setup then you should be all set, postloader will do what it's intended to do. Check your setup, you might want to post a file tree.

lost_loven

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i used modmii and copied the files to the usb drive and the sdcard. I did the uneek+di and wad install of vc games with the 4.2 menu. does anything else have to be done?

lost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!