Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, I noticed this difference that the vita does not have the config contained in the PSP.

Unfortunately, Worms Pinball, in addition to the boot correction by activating fast mode cmd, shows the same graphical error as the Pro games. Regarding TOCA 2, I couldn't get it to 100% so I took a break.
i do appreciated your time for the game sir... im kinda frustrated that one of the biggest issue of TOCA 2 is graphical in which we are having a hard time to figure it out...sigh

Reactions: flamming_python

Digiboi

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is there something for Digimon world 3 then? I saw an eboot but somehow it won't transfer to my vita's SD card
Post automatically merged:

can something be done to Digimon world 3 then? I found an ebook of it but it won't transfer to my vita's SD card for some reason....

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

romhacks_org

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@The_Ho could you try to get vib ribbon ntsc hack to work? the patch is at romhacking or pre patched at the usual place.
When i used pop-fe with a random NTSC ID the game will crash after the main menu.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@The_Ho could you try to get vib ribbon ntsc hack to work? the patch is at romhacking or pre patched at the usual place.
When i used pop-fe with a random NTSC ID the game will crash after the main menu.
Have you tried the original PAL version yet? Does it work? This hack patch is for using the game on NTSC console; there is no need to use it on PSP. In any case, it is foolish to try random IDs. 🙄

romhacks_org

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression PAL PS1 games run at 50hz so about 16% slower than NTSC ones.
That being said it might not be necessary after all since the game came out officially as eboot on the US Store.

Reactions: Nikokaro

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was under the impression PAL PS1 games run at 50hz so about 16% slower than NTSC ones.
That being said it might not be necessary after all since the game came out officially as eboot on the US Store.
What happens if you take the PAL version and tick the "Force NTSC" box during conversion?

Also, did the NTSC version come out on the store? If so it might have a config that sorts things out?
We have a config for Vib Ribbon for the PAL and NTSC-J versions but no config for NTSC-U

romhacks_org

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you take the PAL version and tick the "Force NTSC" box during conversion?
I think that is the definitive solution, the_ho tested it worked better than the ntsc patch itself.
Also, did the NTSC version come out on the store? If so it might have a config that sorts things out?
We have a config for Vib Ribbon for the PAL and NTSC-J versions but no config for NTSC-U
I think the US PS store just sold the PAL version as is. It might have been a fake "US" release?
ID = NPUI-00571 but it's really just good 'ol PAL SCES-02873
https://renascene.com/ps1/info/926

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think that is the definitive solution, the_ho tested it worked better than the ntsc patch itself.

I think the US PS store just sold the PAL version as is. It might have been a fake "US" release?
ID = NPUI-00571 but it's really just good 'ol PAL SCES-02873
https://renascene.com/ps1/info/926
Vib Ribbon has a config already that converts it to NTSC. It's in the original POPS config table, so no tinkering needed with extra settings is needed. Any eboot of the PAL version should have the config enabled just by being on the latest firmware with a POPS update.

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I've been experiencing problems with FIFA 98 in its PAL Spain version. The game requires the disc loading speed to be set to Fast to function; otherwise, it fails to load anything after the EA Sports video. Additionally, the music and commentator audio cut off shortly after starting, leaving only menu and match sound effects. I'm unsure if this issue occurs in other PAL versions because I haven't tested them. PAL versions feature different commentators according to the country, with separate commentators for Spain, Italy, Germany, and France in their respective languages, in addition to English present in the PAL UK and NTSC USA versions

Last edited by AdCant,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sus