Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

adrianbass360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOR RUNNING GRAN TURISMO 2 FULL SPEED:

Hey sorry I don't have an account on CDromance, but I noticed a lot still having issues with Gran Turismo 2 running slow on Adrenaline. I actually got it running full speed about 2 years ago. What I did was grab the Europe Iso format of this game, ran both disks thru "PS1 De-Dither 1.1.0", then converted them to eboots, and done. I actually think I prefer this game with the dither removed anyways. Thought this might help! =D

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to @wad11656's spreadsheet, it crashes when saving when using the english patch. So that must be the issue. I wonder why it'd do that though...
Looks like it's an issue with real hardware as well: https://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=823.0

The patch in this thread should fix it. Another game solved. :)

EDIT: How has everyone been submitting configs nowadays? Just sending to Ronnie directly? I see the pop-fe repository updated with new configs, but nothing on the threads.

Last edited by mrjaredbeta,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Looks like it's an issue with real hardware as well: https://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=823.0

EDIT: How has everyone been submitting configs nowadays? Just sending to Ronnie directly? I see the pop-fe repository updated with new configs, but nothing on the threads.
i do have a config for Hard Edge PAL converted to NTSC via Zapper2k as it suffers in slowdown after converting it... and then also Jackie Chan StuntMaster slowdown fix and Crusaders of Might and Magic slowdown fix...im not perfect but at least the config i made work well so far...

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Oh, nice! We should link that on the compatibility list to make things easier.

@The_Ho is doing so, most likely dm'ing Ronnie through the chat feature here.

FOR RUNNING GRAN TURISMO 2 FULL SPEED:

Hey sorry I don't have an account on CDromance, but I noticed a lot still having issues with Gran Turismo 2 running slow on Adrenaline. I actually got it running full speed about 2 years ago. What I did was grab the Europe Iso format of this game, ran both disks thru "PS1 De-Dither 1.1.0", then converted them to eboots, and done. I actually think I prefer this game with the dither removed anyways. Thought this might help! =D
Thanks for letting everyone know about this! We got a fix for the game by now though, so removing dither isn't necessary (unless someone prefers otherwise). But knowing that a de-dither patch could maybe improve performance on other games may prove to be helpful. :)

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh, nice! We should link that on the compatibility list to make things easier.

@The_Ho is doing so, most likely dm'ing Ronnie through the chat feature here.

Thanks for letting everyone know about this! We got a fix for the game by now though, so removing dither isn't necessary (unless someone prefers otherwise). But knowing that a de-dither patch could maybe improve performance on other games may prove to be helpful. :)
is it gameshark codes for dithering?....i think i downloaded those dithering codes back then but i am at work right now im gonna check it later this evening....
Post automatically merged:

No worries, just in case it might help a game or two 😁. Also, is any having issues with Need for Speed V-Rally 2? It runs great, but certain things like trees look glitchy =\
i do have V-Rally 2 JPN on my PSP...the JPN version is also English its just they reversed X (OK) - O (Cancel) to O (Ok) - X (Cancel).. is there a glitchy trees while playing the game?... i didnt notice maybe im gonna try later this evening... is that a specific stage sir?....

Reactions: Webardo and The_Ho

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No worries, just in case it might help a game or two 😁. Also, is any having issues with Need for Speed V-Rally 2? It runs great, but certain things like trees look glitchy =\
Oh yes, we also have a fix for that. Use pop-fe to convert your game and it'll work fine without needing to tinker with anything else.

is it gameshark codes for dithering?....i think i downloaded those dithering codes back then but i am at work right now im gonna check it later this evening....
Nah, it's an batch file it seems. Just get it from here: https://github.com/cr4zymanz0r/PS1_De-Dither/releases

adrianbass360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

i do have V-Rally 2 JPN on my PSP...the JPN version is also English its just they reversed X (OK) - O (Cancel) to O (Ok) - X (Cancel).. is there a glitchy trees while playing the game?... i didnt notice maybe im gonna try later this evening... is that a specific stage sir?....
I tried a few tracks and it glitched on all...

As for de-dithering, they actually have a windows tool to remove the dither from PS1 iso/bins. Can't remember how it works on multiple bin files thought. But if you google "GitHub cr4zymanz0r PS1 De-Dither" and click on first link, you can download it from Releases on the right.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried a few tracks and it glitched on all...

As for de-dithering, they actually have a windows tool to remove the dither from PS1 iso/bins. Can't remember how it works on multiple bin files thought. But if you google "GitHub cr4zymanz0r PS1 De-Dither" and click on first link, you can download it from Releases on the right.
ok im gonna check V-Rally later and test if i see some glitchy trees.... there is a TEST DRIVE mode for the cars there are trees on the right side up to the hill....

adrianbass360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a lot of eboots done already, and re-doing them ALL with pop-fe might be something I don't want to comite to haha. Is there a list of games that were working before, but that really should be converted with pop-fe? Previously working games with with major glitches, I guess.

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I have a lot of eboots done already, and re-doing them ALL with pop-fe might be something I don't want to comite to haha. Is there a list of games that were working before, but that really should be converted with pop-fe? Previously working games with with major glitches, I guess.
Off the top of my head I can only tell you about seven games, Megaman Legends (had lots of lag),Klonoa (randomly crashed before bosses), Rollcage (severe stuttering audio), Re-Volt (stuttering audio too), Rosco McQueen (severe graphical glitches), Crash Team Racing (really bad framerate) and Colony Wars - Vengeance (softlocked before missions).
Otherwise, there's not real need to convert every game again. Just check if any of your games are in the psp configs folder, and corroborate their compatibility here.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you can check pops fe github and see if there is a game you have listed on the database... you can also add the config manually on your Eboot instead of going through converting all of them over again...

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, friends, the cmd's I sent to @ronniesahlberg are already here, it was an update to Alundra 2 to remove the slowness and some parts.

The FFIX one that @Webardo helped make, I adapted it for the EUR versions, and tested it in the 3 Regions before sending it.

The ISSD one is exactly the same as the
UmJammer Lammy.

The only one I sent and ended up forgetting to put here was Sheep Raider. It is based on slps01222, I used p 0xF... and 0x04 of that ID... so the game is without the severe slowdowns during effects.

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fixed a few games:

- Assault (Retribution)
- Magic Castle
- Treasures of the Deep

Kinda just going down/through the list that @Snowbro88 shared. I will check more tomorrow.
Thanks boss, could you tell us how you did it?

Do you plan to add it to the Pop Fe configs or is it another way?

Youffie

DrBrunette
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, i just updated pop-fe to the latest version on github (copying and replace) and now evertime I open Pop-fe, I get this message:

requests is not installed.
You should install requests by running:
pip3 install requests
Missing callbacks for commands: ['on_force_ntsc']

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
played V-Rally 2 last night but i didnt see glitchy trees while im on TEST DRIVE/CAR mode... everything looks fine to me... and if there would be ill immediately saw it while playing some few stages and including the test car track... unlike TOCA 2 right at start of the race its noticeable... i hope we can also find a solution/fix for TOCA 2....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/fFn0llYqM8w?si=s9t6Se-c4cz5UbbP