POLYMEGA questions.

deltax5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The company changed there product to POLYMEGA now. Im following them on facebook. It is a system that not out yet and It plays PlayStation, Sega CD, TurboGrafx-CD, and Neo-Geo CD and will have attachments for cartage games like NES, SNES, Genesis and more to come in the future soppositely.
I want to know if they announced if it's emulation or clone hardware of some sort. Clone hardware i mean like the avs and Analogue NT are replica of the boards.

D

Deleted-379826

The company changed there product to POLYMEGA now. Im following them on facebook. It is a system that not out yet and It plays PlayStation, Sega CD, TurboGrafx-CD, and Neo-Geo CD and will have attachments for cartage games like NES, SNES, Genesis and more to come in the future soppositely.
I want to know if they announced if it's emulation or clone hardware of some sort. Clone hardware i mean like the avs and Analogue NT are replica of the boards.
Well I highly doubt they can have the individual hardware for all these totally different(?) systems in one machine. My bet is on emulation, which you can most likely do yourself for cheaper.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Polymega_AllModules.jpg

deltax5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder also if the machine will have copy protection for the games. I know it uses custom bios for there systems. Neo Geo loads much faster on it so they showed. Also there may be a online store. Emulation would be lame. May stick with the pie.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably create on-the-fly isos such as other multi-cartridge consoles (on-the-fly cartridge rom dumps). Remember that actually those kind of consoles are not compatible with multi-cartridges such as everdrives.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder also if the machine will have copy protection for the games. I know it uses custom bios for there systems. Neo Geo loads much faster on it so they showed. Also there may be a online store. Emulation would be lame. May stick with the pie.
From what I remember, it's a mixture of emulation and actual hardware - and the games will only be able to be dumped directly to the system. Once dumped, the games can be played without the cartridge, unless the cart requires special hardware, such as the SuperFX chip, which'll require you have the cart in to provide that.

deltax5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the answer some guy said with the same question on facebook.
"We have new tech that is neither pure emulation, clone hardware, or FPGA. More on info on this will be released soon."
There prob just saying that cuz they are using there own bois's.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I realise this thread is a year old, but it’s super relevant again! I really want one of these. They look great!

If more higher spec modules like N64/DC/GC come out I will be all over this.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo