Samurai Shodown RPG (eng patched) on NCDZPSP

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone. I bet many of you didn't even know about the existence of a Neo-Geo CD emulator for PSP: well, it has been around for a long time and it is outstanding.
https://archive.org/details/ncdzpsp-2.3.5.7z
But to play the various games you have to convert the CD images. More precisely, you have to extract the ISO data files into a game folder, inside the roms folder, and then collect them into a zip archive. While you have to convert all the music tracks from WAV to MP3 and place them in the MP3 folder, side by side with the zipped game.

1701511225128.jpg

Well, SSRPG works excellently on NCDZPSP, with the only flaw being the relatively long loading times (by today's standards), similar moreover to the loading times of real hardware. Also annoying may be the high encounter rate, which is, moreover, similar to some SNES RPG games. The english translation of this classic RPG game represents a milestone and a memorable achievement (always coveted by fans of the genre but by now unhoped for) on a par with the legendary translations of more than 20 years ago of such titles as Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean or Seiken Densetsu 3 for snes.

1701511248017.jpg

Bird's eye view, which personally reminds me of Beyond Oasis for Sega Genesis.
Detailed and colorful old-school graphics, music that recalls the atmosphere of medieval Japan, gameplay typical of classic turn-based jrpg games.
Try it on your PSP and give me your opinion.

Reactions: zfreeman

nopantsx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I'd love to try the SS RPG english patch but I lack the ability to do all those file convertions... I'd like to ask if you could upload It to mega or something like that, and share the link to give the game a try? That would be awesome.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. I'd love to try the SS RPG english patch but I lack the ability to do all those file convertions... I'd like to ask if you could upload It to mega or something like that, and share the link to give the game a try? That would be awesome.
Hello. Unfortunately, I cannot upload the whole game for two reasons: it is illegal and it is too large a file for my smartphone internet connection.
However, I can explain the conversion procedure, which is very simple.
Download the prepatched ISO (bin/cue) from the most popular roms site, open it with  CDMAGE (Isobuster or other CD tool) and extract the files contained in track01 (about 3800 files 😱) into a folder on your PC, then extract the individual 31 WAV tracks into a folder.

Create a zip archive containing all the thousands of data files already extracted and named SSRPG.

Convert the 31 audio tracks to mp3 with fre:ac (VLC or other tool).
As for me, I then turned up the volume of all the audio tracks by 25 percent using  mpTrim (VLC or other) and saved them under another name.
Copy these back to the MP3 folder and rename them like this: track 02.mp3, track 03.mp3 .... track 32.mp3 (I think you can also name them 02.mp3 or track02.mp3 as the NCDZPSP readme explains, but I haven't tried).

Create an SSRPG folder in the roms folder of NCDZPSP and copy inside the SSRPG zip archive containing the thousands of data files and the MP3 folder containing the 31 music tracks. Finally copy the NCDZPSP folder into the GAME folder of the PSP (via data cable or, if you use a micro SD inserted in a Pro Duo Adapter, via SD reader).

As you can see, the procedure is simple, albeit time consuming; it just takes a little patience. If there are any difficulties, please let me know.
Enjoy! 😉

Reactions: nopantsx

nopantsx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. Unfortunately, I cannot upload the whole game for two reasons: it is illegal and it is too large a file for my smartphone internet connection.
However, I can explain the conversion procedure, which is very simple.
Download the prepatched ISO (bin/cue) from the most popular roms site, open it with  CDMAGE (Isobuster or other CD tool) and extract the files contained in track01 (about 3800 files 😱) into a folder on your PC, then extract the individual 31 WAV tracks into a folder.

Create a zip archive containing all the thousands of data files already extracted and named SSRPG.

Convert the 31 audio tracks to mp3 with fre:ac (VLC or other tool).
As for me, I then turned up the volume of all the audio tracks by 25 percent using  mpTrim (VLC or other) and saved them under another name.
Copy these back to the MP3 folder and rename them like this: track 02.mp3, track 03.mp3 .... track 32.mp3 (I think you can also name them 02.mp3 or track02.mp3 as the NCDZPSP readme explains, but I haven't tried).

Create an SSRPG folder in the roms folder of NCDZPSP and copy inside the SSRPG zip archive containing the thousands of data files and the MP3 folder containing the 31 music tracks. Finally copy the NCDZPSP folder into the GAME folder of the PSP (via data cable or, if you use a micro SD inserted in a Pro Duo Adapter, via SD reader).

As you can see, the procedure is simple, albeit time consuming; it just takes a little patience. If there are any difficulties, please let me know.
Enjoy! 😉
It was easier than I think. Thanks a lot!!

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto