• I like my games complicated.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like my games simple.

• I don't care.

• I like a mix.

• I like it when it goes from simple to more complicated.

• Total voters

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Replay is really the only thing I look for actually.

If the game is an 50 hour thrill fest, I likely couldn't care less, as 50 bucks is simply too much for 50 hours, and yes please refrain from all the usual value assessments
smile.gif
I'm not afraid to drop 50 bucks on lunch with the wife and son.

I like games I can play and play and play and play and play some more.

Civilization for instance, you never 'beat the game' you only occasionally win that current match.

Some of my games are simple and hard and some of them are complex and not really hard, just complex in design.

Chess is an easy game to learn, yet against a good opponent very hard to win.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like them simple and then they become more complicated. I dislike games that are too complicated though, things like Civilization, Anno 1404 and F1 2010 are just too much things at a time and that puts me off. I hate having to micromanage all sorts of stuff, and I hate having so many options and not knowing what every option does.

Games like FIFA and Mario Kart (like I've mentioned earlier) are ideal IMHO. You can control and win them by just knowing the controls and practising. But when you go online or turn up the difficulty you will get your ass kicked. Then you have to start to learn the skill moves and thinking in the game.

Fire Emblem is also such a title. Starts out quite easy and simple. You have the weapon triangle, and that's it. Later on they introduce more and more factors, like terrain, the magic triangle and companions bonds. In this game it's ideal. In Advance Wars it's a bit too much though, especially the latest. I normally really like turn based RPG's/games, but I have never ever completed an Advance Wars game because of the difficulty and complexity (for me it's complex
smile.gif
).

Oh and games where I don't know what's happening or that almost have no explanation really piss me off. Dragon Age immediately comes to mind. There was way too much information and story line to keep me entertained. I simply did not know what to do.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are games that I find complicated (Dissidia is really complicated at first) that end up being fun as all hell (like Dissidia).

There are also games that I find really simple and end up being really fun to play as well (Kirby's Epic Yarn).

So... Both?
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want my games to be complicated but accessible. I want to be able to grasp the ins and outs of it pretty early in the game but, over the time I'm playing it, learn new tricks and master the system at hand. I don't want a game that's full of such immense complexity that it makes it near impossible to grasp what exactly is going on until like the end of the game.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
I like games where they throw a lot of mechanics at you from the start and expect you to win while playing by all the different rules at the same time. But they also need to have motivation for you to keep going, like how Dissidia has mastering skills, leveling, obtaining gear and accessories, completing achievements, beating the story etc.

I also like games with a single mechanic that everything revolves around, like Touhou. You have to dodge bullets and shoot everything down, but then there's bombs to save yourself, grazing for higher score bonuses, shot power, focused movement, obtaining floating boxes that improve your score , enemies with varied attack patterns, boss fights which you can win without firing a single shot, and MORE.

So yeah, definitely complicated games

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my games to be on the surface simple...but deep inside complicated. Like Nintendo did with Mario.

You remember those cutesy as fuck platformers of the 80's and 90's? You know the ones that killed you soul because you just couldn't finish them? Yeah love those.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Though I absolutely adore a few exceptions (UT2004 and starcraft 2 are relatively complex to their genre), I voted for 'I like my games simple'.

I don't want ten different ways to upgrade my character at level-ups or having granted twelve new moves to my arsenal. All that micromanagement, hidden button commands or sub-sub-submenu's with all sorts of tweaks are a minus in my book. And let's face it: we've all been there. You go to a friends' house to play that new game he's talking about, but within less than 5 minutes after starting the fun has drained away because he does all sorts of fancy antics while you do a lot of dying because the enemies do all sorts of things you never anticipated.

Yeah...I was raised on arcade games. Those were always simple (in fact, I still read a lot of reviews where 'arcade-like' is used to empathize simplicity over unneeded heaps of options). And 'simple' never meant "doesn't have any depth".

The same goes for non-computer games, by the way. In fact, it's almost a rule of thumb that the more simple a board game is, the more likely it is to become a classic (and I haven't read much on gaming theory, but elegance IS an important factor to consider when designing a game).

D

Deleted User

I games that start of medium, just enough to get you going, then gets hard near the end.
Think classic FF's, without over leveling and abusing grinding.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Holified 2x said:
I love complicated games the first complicated game I completed was Devil May Cry then GoW I think the game should be simple or complicated based on what genre it in like racing simple then builds up like Need for Speed Most Wanted (Still love that game
wub.gif
)
Devil May Cry and GoW are not complicated games.

D

Deleted User

Sop said:
Holified 2x said:
I love complicated games the first complicated game I completed was Devil May Cry then GoW I think the game should be simple or complicated based on what genre it in like racing simple then builds up like Need for Speed Most Wanted (Still love that game
wub.gif
)
Devil May Cry and GoW are not complicated games.
We call them, Call of Duty Gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o