Gaming Pokemon X: Bank Hack Paradise

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Do you expect Gamefreak to program the catch locations of every pokemon in every single game since gen 1 into a simple transfer tool?
It is not particularly difficult to create a database with all possible stats for each Pokémon (they already have the data anyway) and check if the data of the to be transferred Pokémon corresponds with an entry in the database.

From what I've just read this hack checking is a piece of shit, but who cares, as long as you have fun playing the games whether that is by breeding and training until you get the perfect team or just generating them with whatever application.

Toni456

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You obviously think you're hot shot but you're not.
I've placed millions of genned pokemon on GTS and in online battles/tournaments. You know why? Because I did everything correctly, I matched up all the ID's and didnt create anything illegal. If you got an error code, its means you're inept.
The pokemon making it through have just as much right to make it through as legit in-game caught pokemon. You lot are all acting like its impossible to beat a legit genned pokemon, if you're a good trainer, there's no difference

I never hack my pokemon online like i used to but back in the day when i did i easily bypassed that error code so don't just jump to assumptions that im a complete idiot and have no idea what im doing or talking about.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really enlighten comentary, thank you.

Getting shinies is super easy, right? I guess you have a huge load of them, nope, you have just five.
I'm not sure if you're just plain stupid, or if you ignore the point of the entire thing.
Shinies are rare, and having a shiny with perfect IVs is almost impossible, but now there will be huge load of them because the checking system is just useless.

While they certainly are rare, the rates of getting them have increased since Generation V. ;) Definitely not a walk in the park though to find consistently.

These hacked Pokémon are indeed different, 5th generation had a hacking check system that was just fine, and detected most cases like the ones that are getting trough Pokemon Bank.

With this last part of your post I can confirm it, you are functionally Illiterate, you read but you can't interpret correctly.
I was talking about a Infernape with Iron Fist ability, and it shouldn't have it, it's so obvious what I'm talking about and yet you don't understand,
maybe you're the one who does not know how to play Pokemon, or you're just like I said, functionally illiterate.

That Infernape is possible on a technicality, as it was revealed that someone managed to get a US Infernape code working on an Italian system.

The whole point of this thread is about hacked pokemon getting trough, you may don't care, you may think everybody that complains about hacked Pokemon doesn't know how to play and all the shit you've been saying this whole time, but that's just your opinion, and most here disagree with you.

For most of people, the idea of a fair game is fantastic, the idea that we would have without absurd hacks gave hope to some people who were just sick of all obvious hacks we've seen trough DS games. This could be a chance for Nintendo to redeem themselves and make a fair game for everyone, and they ruined this up with such pathetic hacking check.
Some still believe that Nintendo will use this delay as a way to correct this better check, I wouldn't be so hopeful, but that's only me.

Personally, I think there's a very fine line between hacked and legal, and I think that the distinction is being blurred a bit here. Read the article I linked above that I penned. ;) It's definitely more of an accomplishment and time factor if anything, as the minority (the vocal ones) see legality as a means to be able to maintain the sense of competitiveness whilst being able to enjoy the fundamentals of online play without being squashed in the face against a competitively built team.

Reactions: gamefan5

Toni456

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good to see someone talking with some fact and sense.

They can make it, but it wont be allowed to compete online, which is what most of the people here dont understand.
Heh pokegen makes bragging rights easy, but when it comes down to making a difference, a magikarp with fire blast will forever be: bragging rights,
Thats what people need to understand.

In terms of events, i'm sure all the pokemon given moves they cant get, are the legendaries you cant use online anyway, I may be wrong.

your completely wrong, if you actually researched correctly the only online that you can't battle in is ranked battles and tournaments, you can still use them in battles requested by passerby's or with friends.
edit: also only people who actually care about getting ranked online (which is barely anyone) will even battle there.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used PokeBank on my Japanese 3DS. Unreleased abilities, hacked moves and hacked EV spread didn't even seem to pass PokeMover/PokeBank. Just wanted to clear that up.

Toni456

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have used PokeBank on my Japanese 3DS. Unreleased abilities, hacked moves and hacked EV spread didn't even seem to pass PokeMover/PokeBank. Just wanted to clear that up.

well thats good news, looks like they finally made the hack check do its work, any idea if the blue pentagon hack still works?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And in a strange twist of events, I side with nobody as combatting insults with further insults does not bring the argument anywhere. Instead of clogging the thread you two, there's always the private message function. Use it, abuse it. ;)

Same here. I just gave my point of opinion about it. :)

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow Black Ice you're so cool I bet everyone wants to be like you

I'm a young superior mind, with hopes to be a leader of tomorrow.
Its only natural to want to be me,
But If I do end up being a leader of tomorrow, it won't be fun to be plebians like you who can only muster a feeble attempt to whore likes with a stupid comment.
I'd love to rid the world of you :)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But If I do end up being a leader of tomorrow, it won't be fun to be plebians like you who can only muster a feeble attempt to whore likes with a stupid comment.

:tpi:

That's a colossal "if." :lol:

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BLACK-ICE4MOD2014

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy buys his 3DS from a guy in yard sale.
3DS's are bought in game shops not yards

Jimmy's 3ds is a super illegal 3ds that ruins every other 3ds and should be burned.
Screw Jimmy for being such a noob hacking perfect shiny.

#LogicInThisThread
Black-Ice tries to take over the world
B-I recruits a red-hot team
UltraMew hears and PWNS his ass with a Chesnaught.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm QUITE SURE that the beginning to this whole argument is due to "how Pokebank did not block hax@#%%$@X pokemon".

Let's just come to agree and disagree with the following points,
which is mainly Pokebank did not do a job that it claimed it would have done,
as it claimed that it would ban all hacks.
  1. Legal Stuff

Of course, stuff that are possible in-game such as extreme perfect flawless shinies
    (31 ivs, correct nature, great egg moves and shiny, which is rate but can occur)

while improbable, but it has to go through because it possible to appear in-game, which is called "legal".

Hence it's normal that Legal has to go through, due to the rare chance that some users actually has it legitimately.

2. Illegal Stuff

The boundaries of illegal is blurred out, because illegal can be as simple as "Legal pkmn with unreleased Hidden Abilities",
    to the crazy "Pokemon level too low" or "all EVs 255".
    Generally, illegal Pokemon are mostly bad hacks and could be easily banned.

Cherish ball on non-event, shiny movie Arceus, Shiny dream world and radar Pokemon, level too low (our infamous lv.1 Gengar). etc,
    all this can be easily banned.

I can't see any controversial reason that they do not ban it.

And don't jump the gun while reading this, this isn't a post on how I dislike hacking (I use pokegen myself),

The issue is they didn't set out what they claimed they will do. Period.

3. Stuff that actually got blocked.

I read that stuff actually got blocked.
    At least they did something, although it's probably really primitive hack checking, as pokecheck does a better job

Guys, let's not fight.
if you want to fight over personal hate over hacking, do take it elsewhere.

Some may argue that "it's not possible to program every in-game location", that's not true,
cause hackers can do it, and it's Gamefreak's resources, how can they not know at the first place?
The point is Pokebank failed to block clearly illegal stuff.

Let's move along shall we, this is a friendly community :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it