ROM Hack Pokemon Viral Cheats?

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend and I were having a Pokemon battle the other day. I was playing on my retail version of SoulSilver and he was playing his back-up copy of Pearl on his R4. After getting my butt kicked by a suspicious amount of level 100 Pokemon, I asked him if he was using cheats (999 rare candies, easy leveling up, etc.). Of course, the answer came back "yes". I quickly shut off my DS before saving, as I had hoped not to get an unfair loss on my record. After some deliberation, however, I started to wonder if there was any way his cheats could have made it into my game. I'm personally against cheating, so the thought of me playing the game unfairly was enough for me to stop playing Pokemon for a while.

So my questions are: Is there anyway that his cheats could have made their way into my single-player game? Will I have an unfair advantage when playing online?

P.S
Sorry if these questions sound odd, but I have OCD.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No there is no chance his cheats could of affected your game unless you traded something with him but all that would do is make the item not legit in a way but you still have no real advantage

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so.

As for your friend, anyone willing to use hacks in a battle with another person (and in a friendly match too, ughh) deserves to recieve a fist in the mouth.

Zidane24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweaty_Moobs said:
My friend and I were having a Pokemon battle the other day. I was playing on my retail version of SoulSilver and he was playing his back-up copy of Pearl on his R4. After getting my butt kicked by a suspicious amount of level 100 Pokemon, I asked him if he was using cheats (999 rare candies, easy leveling up, etc.). Of course, the answer came back "yes". I quickly shut off my DS before saving, as I had hoped not to get an unfair loss on my record. After some deliberation, however, I started to wonder if there was any way his cheats could have made it into my game. I'm personally against cheating, so the thought of me playing the game unfairly was enough for me to stop playing Pokemon for a while.

So my questions are: Is there anyway that his cheats could have made their way into my single-player game? Will I have an unfair advantage when playing online?

P.S
Not in any way possible...you would have to physically use an AR or a flashcarts cheats on your game itself...

If you traded a pokemon with him...thats a different story

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zidane24 said:
Sweaty_Moobs said:

P.S
Not in any way possible...you would have to physically use an AR or a flashcarts cheats on your game itself...

If you traded a pokemon with him...thats a different story

IF I were to eventually trade Pokemon with him, would any cheats associated with that Pokemon carry into my game? Ugghhh, I sound like a weirdo.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if he hacked his pkm, for instance 999 stats, and traded you it, the pkm will have the 999 stats but it wont effect anything in your game.

unless you use an action replay.

duh.

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I appreciate all of the responses, but I have another question. IF I were to trade one of my honest Pokemon for one of his cheat-filled, level 100 Pokemon, would that effect the rest of my game, or would it mean that I just had an unfairly-earned Pokemon?

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basher11 said:
if he hacked his pkm, for instance 999 stats, and traded you it, the pkm will have the 999 stats but it wont effect anything in your game.

unless you use an action replay.

duh.

Thanks, and duh, indeed.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweaty_Moobs said:
I appreciate all of the responses, but I have another question. IF I were to trade one of my honest Pokemon for one of his cheat-filled, level 100 Pokemon, would that effect the rest of my game, or would it mean that I just had an unfairly-earned Pokemon?

the only thing you're gonna get is a hacked pkm. you can just release it if it's bothering you so much.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)OPs a gay
2)No, there is no way that his 'cheats' can get into 'your game', that's just ridiculous.

The only way you'd have anything non-legit from him is if he traded stuff.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will have an unfair advantage because the cheats on your friends game will travel across the radio waves to your game and silently raise the EVs on your pokemon to impossible levels. The Pokemon police will catch you for sure; the only option is to delete your save file.

On the other hand your sub-sub-par thinking skills will probably make up for any advantage you get.

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the replies and making me hate GBAtemp!
By the way, thanks for helping me realize I'm gay. I've been living a lie all of these years, apparently.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I read this thread and had to wonder why, at a certain point, the hate started to flow.

Then I remembered internet haters are a bunch of fucking pussies that usually won't attack unless they can be sure it's not just them doing it, in order to avoid being singled out, because they lack any sort of defense because their hatred is irrational.

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poryhack said:
Yes, you will have an unfair advantage because the cheats on your friends game will travel across the radio waves to your game and silently raise the EVs on your pokemon to impossible levels. The Pokemon police will catch you for sure; the only option is to delete your save file.

On the other hand your sub-sub-par thinking skills will probably make up for any advantage you get.
If I had the intelligence required to read, I would've been heart by your amazingly sarcastic tone (a clear sign of intelligence
wink.gif
). Unfortunately, I only have one skill (and a weak one at that) -- name-calling. So, you, my friend, are a big poo-poo head.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just to be fair and hopefully set a precedent, I'm going to "single out" all of them, starting with the normal one that simply made an uneeded remark that others saw as opening a gate.

Pyrofyr said:
1)OPs a gayUnneeded comment, learn to keep your outbursts to yourself, or you're likely to meet somebody that doesn't appreciate it at all, and is fully willing to show you with their fist or some sort of a weapon.

Augustus Osari said:
It's almost like this is a clever scheme to get people to think of people who don't "cheat" as ignorant.Take off your tinfoil hat, watch less crime shows, and live in the real world for a bit. Just because somebody thinks something that's not what you would have thought in a situation does not mean it's deceptive or part of any plot.

QUOTE(Poryhack @ Apr 2 2010, 04:46 PM)
Learn to recognize that not everybody is you, not everybody has the same knowledge as you. The root word of "ignorance" is not "ignore". Ignorance means "unknowing". For example, you are ignorant of what color boxers I'm wearing, and that's perfectly okay.

The flow of hate stops now before it builds any bigger, or I will be getting a moderator.

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Just to be fair and hopefully set a precedent, I'm going to "single out" all of them, starting with the normal one that simply made an uneeded remark that others saw as opening a gate.

Pyrofyr said:
1)OPs a gayUnneeded comment, learn to keep your outbursts to yourself, or you're likely to meet somebody that doesn't appreciate it at all, and is fully willing to show you with their fist or some sort of a weapon.

Augustus Osari said:
It's almost like this is a clever scheme to get people to think of people who don't "cheat" as ignorant.Take off your tinfoil hat, watch less crime shows, and live in the real world for a bit. Just because somebody thinks something that's not what you would have thought in a situation does not mean it's deceptive or part of any plot.

QUOTE(Poryhack @ Apr 2 2010, 04:46 PM)
Learn to recognize that not everybody is you, not everybody has the same knowledge as you. The root word of "ignorance" is not "ignore". Ignorance means "unknowing". For example, you are ignorant of what color boxers I'm wearing, and that's perfectly okay.

The flow of hate stops now before it builds any bigger, or I will be getting a moderator.
You single-handily restored my faith in this site. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality