Pokemon US/UM complete BGM index & customization tutorial

I have filed a complete index of "editable" US/UM BGM -- almost all files in the romfs/data/sound directory except for some short sound effects and cutscene sounds which are not ideal objects to edit -- see attached file.

Below is a tutorial of creating and replacing in your custom BGM. Note that it is not a new discovery, but I choose to rephrase the process in case anyone would need:
1. In Adobe Audition (or any audio format transformer you are familiar with):
· Import your source music, in "Save as" menu, change output format to .wav, 2 channel, 16bits.
· Change sampling rate to either 44100Hz for higher quality, or 32728Hz for smaller volume.
2. In BrawlBox:
· Choose drop menu "File - New - Audio - BRSTM Audio Stream" and then select your transformed material.
· Enable "Loop" and test with start & end loop points. The "*" button sets the point at current playing location, and ↑↓ buttons move it by 14 samples.
· It usually takes an initial approximate locating; then rough adjustments by ↑↓ buttons; and finally accurate tuning to gain a smooth looping.
· Encode and save to get a .brstm file.
3. In BRSTMConversionTool:
· Set "limit bytes on" according to your need in window "Quality".
· Enable "Loop start ..." (no need to imput start/end point here) in window "Loop".
· Choose a gain factor (enhance rate) in window "Volume".
- You can compare with original bcstm files for a concept of "appropriate amplitude"
- 32728Hz should generally be as load, while 44100Hz plays lower in game so should be made to sound about 50% loader.
· Transforms the .brstm to a .bcstm file.
4. Look up the Index list to find the corresponding origianl file under romfs/data/sound. Rename your .bcstm (do not mix with .brstm!) accordingly and substitude into the category.
Caution: File size of your final pack should not exceed 4GB! Disregard if you publish in the form of mod.

Attachments

• Index.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 217

PaiDaXing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nice! But it's hard to imagine how big music files make the final size of the game exceed 4G. :rofl2:
ba4ff33d2684ff9418e41174bc06f5376a7b73e2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1