Gaming Pokemon soul sliver has the AP been fixed yet?

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I can find here is posts from 2012. Surely by now the freezing has been fixed. Are all the other pokemon games random crash?

I have a R4I v1.4.4 for my DSI XL. I have YSMENU installed each rom I download has a AP fix black screen fix in cheats part but it does nothing ( one of the AP fixes just stops the game loading.

I wouldn't mind going and buying the real game but the pre owned price is shocking.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it fate that I see this? I tried out cheats on my HG and SS (a cart and ROM on my R4iSDHC RTS Lite respectively) and discovered the beauty of High Speed Processing. The AP Fix didn't really help, it still randomly crashes, it doesn't even boot up sometimes. So I'd be interested to know if this ever got fixed.

Reactions: Master110

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can find here is posts from 2012. Surely by now the freezing has been fixed. Are all the other pokemon games random crash?

I have a R4I v1.4.4 for my DSI XL. I have YSMENU installed each rom I download has a AP fix black screen fix in cheats part but it does nothing ( one of the AP fixes just stops the game loading.

I wouldn't mind going and buying the real game but the pre owned price is shocking.
try these patches.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ap-patch-preservation.477536/

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it fate that I see this? I tried out cheats on my HG and SS (a cart and ROM on my R4iSDHC RTS Lite respectively) and discovered the beauty of High Speed Processing. The AP Fix didn't really help, it still randomly crashes, it doesn't even boot up sometimes. So I'd be interested to know if this ever got fixed.

I found the JP version patched online and the (E) version online patched. Both of these crash non stop in YSMENU. YSmenu is a secondary loader on my card because if the names are too long the default one won't start but when I loaded the patched version in RSI REVOLUTION ( under game ) Ver 1.84B Both of them ran without crashing. So it must be YSMENU.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Finding a patch for HG and SS, at least with the latter, I get an error message: "xdelta3 target window checksum mismatch xd3 invalid input", I was using xdelta UI.

I found the JP version patched online and the (E) version online patched. Both of these crash non stop in YSMENU. YSmenu is a secondary loader on my card because if the names are too long the default one won't start but when I loaded the patched version in RSI REVOLUTION ( under game ) Ver 1.84B Both of them ran without crashing. So it must be YSMENU.

I don't know, see my games are dumped from legit carts, I didn't get the roms from the internet. Again with my R4i card, I used the default menu there, I guess it's called "R4i Menu." When I mentioned trying to run this on my HG cart, I was doing so through Nitrohax and even that crashed.

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finding a patch for HG and SS, at least with the latter, I get an error message: "xdelta3 target window checksum mismatch xd3 invalid input", I was using xdelta UI.

I don't know, see my games are dumped from legit carts, I didn't get the roms from the internet. Again with my R4i card, I used the default menu there, I guess it's called "R4i Menu." When I mentioned trying to run this on my HG cart, I was doing so through Nitrohax and even that crashed.

Thats all well and good but if you want it to run you need to patch it or download the patched version.

Are the other pokemon games on NDS this much hassle?

Reactions: RustInPeace

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

try to patch a downloaded version of the ROM, I've only tried the soul silver patch and it worked.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to patch a downloaded version of the ROM, I've only tried the soul silver patch and it worked.

Do you know why that's required? I dumped the games with GodMode9, trimmed and untrimmed and the latter is the same size as this downloaded version. But yeah that patch worked with the downloaded version.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know why that's required? I dumped the games with GodMode9, trimmed and untrimmed and the latter is the same size as this downloaded version. But yeah that patch worked with the downloaded version.
do you have hxd? open both files (downloaded and dumped) and use the compare function to check out the differences.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure, maybe it is because the checksum of the internet ROM and your private ROM don't match, maybe if you use different dumping methods you end up with slightly different files.

Last edited by lordkaos,
Reactions: RustInPeace

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by Master110,

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn all the cheats off, You don;t need AP fix cheat when using patched rom.

Running it without the AP Fix cheat still crashes it, but running it with no cheats at all, no crash, but I did all this in the first place because of the high speed processing cheat, along with the other game enhancer cheats.

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Running it without the AP Fix cheat still crashes it, but running it with no cheats at all, no crash, but I did all this in the first place because of the high speed processing cheat, along with the other game enhancer cheats.

So you can run without any cheat and never crash?

Master110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I didn't run that long enough but I guess so. It kind of defeats the purpose because I wanted to play with the game enhancement cheats, but can't due to eventual crashing.

Thats what I did different because I , like you wanted to use the enhancements cheats. Now I have them off the game runs.

Do you have problems like this with the other pokemon games? I guess we will have to play without the enhancements or put up with the crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1