Pokemon Prism - The Latest Pokemon RomHack Finally Finished

After almost 8 years of hard work by the legendary Koolboyman and a fantastic team of developers, artists, musicians and designers are finally ready to show you this incredible game.

Renown Pokemon romhacker, Koolboyman has finally finished development on his nearly 8 year old Pokemon ROMHack, Pokemon Prism. To celebrate, a trailer has been released, and it has been revealed that the full version of the romhack will be available to download this December!
There is also a Twitch Plays Pokemon Prism stream which you can watch here in order to see some gameplay footage.

:arrow: Website

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I remember a rom hack getting a cease and desist order from square enix before. Chrono trigger crimson echos. I was excited about the game, cause i have no idea why a game in such popular demand gets disbanded for poor reasons like. "Well you have no right to do this" I mean is just how things are, now no chrono trigger resurection, no chrono trigger crimson echos which was supposed to be a sequal in spirit successor, and no STREETS OF RAGE REMAKE.

Well if they want money for these things why not just make a game people will buy? If they just do these things then maybe there will be less reason to have people make a fan game or rom hack. But people do it for fun and hobbies. Test the skill of their programming, create a new vision of the game they wanted to play, i mean sure it maybe based on another person's idea but is still open to something nice, maybe hire them as a full time partner, Sega seem to have a nice thing going with the steam sega community where rom hacks are not legit thing, and look at the christan whitehead, rom hacker made a game engine that makes sega money, seem like some developers have problems embrassing their community fan work than trying to destory it like konami had. :unsure:

:arrow: Resurrestion
:arrow: Crimson echos
Oh god I remember this. That was frustrating. Thankfully a leaked beta popped and someone else continued the project as Flame of Eternity.

Reactions: Deleted User

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god I remember this. That was frustrating. Thankfully a leaked beta popped and someone else continued the project as Flame of Eternity.
Crimson Echoes also propped itself up as something much bigger than it was, and i remember there being some questions as to the legitimacy of the takedown notice in the first place. I'm of the opinion that at least one of the devs realized how terrible it was and tried to stop it from seeing the light of day, so as not to embarrass himself. The writing was on par with Twilight and the difficulty scaling was broken, both in the leaked builds and what I saw of FoE; the music was as close to a redeeming feature as it had.

Also, didn't FoE end up veering way away from what Crimson Echoes would've been anyways? Or am I thinking of something else?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Romhacks don't normally see DMCA notices, folks. Tired of seeing the same shit on every new post.
if you think nintendo wouldn't hesitate to take this down after their takedown record lately than your wrong. nintendo have turned into real c***s lately as bad as appl$ suing people for using an apple in their logo. the new ceo means business :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if you think nintendo wouldn't hesitate to take this down after their takedown record lately than your dead wrong they will and can go after rom racks. so better download the game while you can.
Just like with Last Impact? Oh.. Wait....

Reactions: Arras

Xygrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I still pre-order on Amazon? Is there a collectors version? With a real platinum cartridge or something like that?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah just because this would be a patch doesn't mean it doesn't contain copyrighted stuff - either way, i'm sure if it has been in the works for 8 years this is going to get released C&D or not.
if i was doing something like that, don't have any contact information = nothing to send a C&D to lol.
it's not like sending a warning to a real company with an address who is infringing your IP - we are just users on a site.
No. Their is no beating playing it on a real gameboy color with a gameboy flashcart.
how can something with backlight not beat the gbc that doesn't have backlight?
but sure i can imagine it would be nice to play on gbc. - would this rom even work on real hardware, it seems a very extensive hack!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry guys, when this comes out, I'll download it, re-upload it with a 1MB dummy file to avoid copyright flags, and put it into my sig with the other fan projects.

Reactions: xtheman

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can something with backlight not beat the gbc that doesn't have backlight?
but sure i can imagine it would be nice to play on gbc. - would this rom even work on real hardware, it seems a very extensive hack!
Backlight mod.

You have a point their.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
and???
the idea was to look retro, this is propousely made on GBC style :v not being made since gbc times lol
Well I have 900gbc games on my 3ds xl but never played one. I had this thought in my mind. Why should I waste my time on old games. If there are new games been released every week. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!