Pokemon Prism - The Latest Pokemon RomHack Finally Finished

After almost 8 years of hard work by the legendary Koolboyman and a fantastic team of developers, artists, musicians and designers are finally ready to show you this incredible game.

Renown Pokemon romhacker, Koolboyman has finally finished development on his nearly 8 year old Pokemon ROMHack, Pokemon Prism. To celebrate, a trailer has been released, and it has been revealed that the full version of the romhack will be available to download this December!
There is also a Twitch Plays Pokemon Prism stream which you can watch here in order to see some gameplay footage.

:arrow: Website

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't worry guys, when this comes out, I'll download it, re-upload it with a 1MB dummy file to avoid copyright flags, and put it into my sig with the other fan projects.
Last Impact isn't even down. Isn't it more polite to at least wait until the thing gets a C&D before rehosting it?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have 900gbc games on my 3ds xl but never played one. I had this thought in my mind. Why should I waste my time on old games. If there are new games been released every week. :/
Why play something that had real work and thought put into it when I can just buy the same recycled game each year... Just because you don't enjoy high quality, retro style games doesn't mean other people agree with you.

Reactions: Sliter

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Why play something that had real work and thought put into it when I can just buy the same recycled game each year... Just because you don't enjoy high quality, retro style games doesn't mean other people agree with you.
Did I said it's bad for others? I kinda said Thanks. :l

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Last Impact isn't even down. Isn't it more polite to at least wait until the thing gets a C&D before rehosting it?
To you and anybody who is worried about C&D, it's legitimate and won't make a C&D unless the ROM Hack would be distributed in patch (IPS, etc.) format. But if the hacked ROM would be distributed, it may cause a C&D. And Note: The killed projects were fan-games at all.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
To you and anybody who is worried about C&D, it's legitimate and won't make a C&D unless the ROM Hack would be distributed in patch (IPS, etc.) format. But if the hacked ROM would be distributed, it may cause a C&D. And Note: The killed projects were fan-games at all.
my concern is...
twitch is a service. like youtube and other websites it makes money...

twitch is doing a twitch plays pokemon,
currently it's doing with a romhack from a nintendo game (and work)
of course twitch is making money, (unless the owner is an excentric milionair) but are the developers of that hack earning money?
is nintendo ok and will nintendo get an eye twitch knowing they are using nintendo IP and work as a money machine?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
my concern is...
twitch is a service. like youtube and other websites it makes money...

twitch is doing a twitch plays pokemon,
currently it's doing with a romhack from a nintendo game (and work)
of course twitch is making money, (unless the owner is an excentric milionair) but are the developers of that hack earning money?
is nintendo ok and will nintendo get an eye twitch knowing they are using nintendo IP and work as a money machine?
Well seeing how they've already played through Pokemon Brown, another ROMHack (by the same devs, actually) and Nintendo didn't care, I can't imagine they'd care about this, either.

Reactions: migles

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I remember playing a few years(maybe 5 years ago)ago, something similiar(ashgray), and it was much better than the ''original'' gba games ruby/, because it had a lot of things like the anime, and the anime started going from good to bad to good again(too bad of the last ep of the goodbye xyz), so there is a high chance that this game will get more votes than the original gbc( a game can't be judged without trying it for a long time, not just till 1 badge)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I have 900gbc games on my 3ds xl but never played one. I had this thought in my mind. Why should I waste my time on old games. If there are new games been released every week. :/
why do you add 900 gb games to not play them? lol the diea is not getting a lot of games and wait the will to play come, is wanting to playa game, than you get it :v
you are doing wrong XD
Also, it's a new game, with old engine (+ extras)... it's more like rockman 9~10 that was retro, that don't mean the game was old or bad xp

I remember playing a few years(maybe 5 years ago)ago, something similiar(ashgray), and it was much better than the ''original'' gba games ruby/, because it had a lot of things like the anime, and the anime started going from good to bad to good again(too bad of the last ep of the goodbye xyz), so there is a high chance that this game will get more votes than the original gbc( a game can't be judged without trying it for a long time, not just till 1 badge)
there are something I think is funny with the western fandom ...
The games came first, them the anime, but everyone want the games besing based on the anime ... thanks to this the original series (now being producted worldwide with a lot of the western " view" influencing it) is going to a bad way.. starting from pikachu doing "pikapika"instead of its original sound, the stuff starting to be more childish, even pudding a lot on "kodomo" products like the Z-ring ...there where product like these before but where abse don the anime ... Remeber when BW there was nice shounen animation and a huge and heavy story? this is the way japan wanted to give it but come XY with worldwide productiona dn wich progress we got? more base on anime, stuff turned directly to kids agian

the anime was to me a spionoff, just fillers.. oh welll
[sorry for throw my deceptions here, I'm heavely disappointed with "western pokemon" and how it influence the root of the series.... =3=]

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I know, I said as much on the first page of the thread. All I meant was that there's no need to create anti-c&d reuploads when a c&d hasn't even happened (and will likely never happen, for both this and Last Impact).

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
This is a GBC romhack. People love the graphics of gen 1/2. What do you expect a X/Y art style? Gen 2 is my favorite because of the graphics.
I didn't say that I don't like em. I use to play my gbc when it was popular back in 2000 when I got mine. I remember that I use to play pokemon blue on it. Old games time have now gone. Now its time for the new games. Past has been past. Now future is your future. :l

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't say that I don't like em. I use to play my gbc when it was popular back in 2000 when I got mine. I remember that I use to play pokemon blue on it. Old games time have now gone. Now its time for the new games. Past has been past. Now future is your future. :l
but it's a new game, in old style, come on... again, wans't a problem to rockman 9 and 10 XD

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus christ after so many years of development you'd think they would just make their own game instead of leeching off a copyrighted game. So much wasted time.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus christ after so many years of development you'd think they would just make their own game instead of leeching off a copyrighted game. So much wasted time.
You too? Seriously?

Why are there people bitching on other's work? Can't they just do what they want and have fun doing so?
If this is a Rom hack I'm totally playing this on the 3ds
Cough

IMG_20161013_195646.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: