Pokemon Presents broadcast scheduled for Pokemon Day, Feb. 27

uhjg.jpg

Pokemon Day will have an extra special something going on this year. Nintendo will be hosting a Pokemon Presents livestream broadcast on Pokemon Day--otherwise known as February 27th. Lasting 14 minutes, the content of the video hasn't been teased, though we have seen major reveals for the franchise take place during these. It'll air 6am PT/ 2pm UK time.

:arrow: Source

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Or Let's Go Johto games.
While I imagine gen 5 news is a solid 3 years away at least, I do wonder how they'll handle the inevitable Gen 5 remakes. Like do they only remake Black and White, or do they remake Black 2 and White 2, or do they maybe find a way to conmbine Black with Black 2 and White with White 2 in a single remake release, or do 2 sets of remakes for the gen?

Reactions: CoolMe

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I'd be irked to see them monetize a Platinum story DLC for BDSP, it would also be nice to see them at least release one before moving onto a Gen5 remake. Not going to get my hopes up, though.

It has already been over a year since the Crown Tundra update for SWSH, so a tease of Gen9 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're so theoretically crap why would you pirate them? I've never understood this mentality. If you're so against it then don't play it.
Pirating something doesn't necessarily mean you play it more than a few minutes, if at all.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, and I skipped Unova, thinking it was a waste of my time. Meanwhile, some of you say it was the best lol. (i have no reasoning, just didn't see it hyped enough to seem worth it to go back to it, maybe i should now, if no remakes are announced)

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, and I skipped Unova, thinking it was a waste of my time. Meanwhile, some of you say it was the best lol. (i have no reasoning, just didn't see it hyped enough to seem worth it to go back to it, maybe i should now, if no remakes are announced)
Black/White do not feature any older Pokémon until after the end credits, as the focus was strictly on the 156 new species; a lot of people didn't like this, but in my eyes it was refreshing as you had to experiment, find out what each new 'mon was all about, instead of relying and coasting by on old favourites. It also helps that Unova contains many of my personal favourite Pokémon.
BW2, meanwhile, brought back a lot of older Pokémon and mixed them with the new, making it a more standard romp in that regard.

Personally, I did like N's story and character progression throughout BW, though there isn't much to do in those games after fully exploring the region.
BW2 drastically improves on that front, though, by adding awesome features like Challenge Mode (sadly only available by beating Black 2, at which point you can transfer the Challenge Key to another copy of BW2 - or use an Action Replay code to unlock it immediately), Pokémon World Tournament (where previous region's Gym Leaders and Champions can be fought, alongside Red of course), Black Tower and White Treehollow (mazes, where you need to find a specific Trainer who will unlock the door to the next level), and Pokéstar Studios (short movies you can 'act' - battle - in, and what you do can influence the plot, resulting in some weird and funny endings).
There's also Hidden Grottoes, which can rarely contain specific species with their Hidden Abilities; a nice small bonus feature, that.

Also, back when the external Dream World was still accessible, you could change your C-Gear's skin, grow berries, and get Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities through it; BW2 also had a basic achievement system known as "Medal Rally", and some Medals were exclusively gotten through Dream World activities...which meant that once DW shut down, Medal Rally could no longer be completed...ugh. Also there's no other way to grow berries in Unova, so that sucks too.

Oh, and while I do love BW2, its Champion is unfortunately not the same one as in BW; instead it's a rather minor character who really did not do much of anything throughout both BW and BW2, which was exceptionally disappointing.
Still, if you finish BW and then link it to BW2 through DS Wireless, you can unlock some extra flashback scenes involving important characters like Gym Leaders and the Champion, as well as being able to catch some of N's Pokémon and able to battle Bianca and Cheren with their original BW teams.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calling it now PLA DLC i swear if icall right i muuust have clearvoyance (Predicted Jan 6th (well at least trump's coup after losing trying to keep his power, and the russia/Ukraine conflict) why not add a non political prediction to the list?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
perhaps it would be wise of them to sort of make one Pokémon game that they can continue to support for a long time. One game where they can gradually release new regions and Pokémon in form of expansion. Less work, more money.

They could make it so that when you travel to another region you have to leave your pokemon behind and can only transfer Pokémon between regions after defeating the elite four.

that way you could eventually have the entire Pokédex added, all regions and a balanced enough challenge. I would be excited for something like that

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My money is also on a new Let's Go game. Since the previous titles were based on the 3rd 1st Gen game (or 4th if you're in Japan), I would expect this one to be based on Crystal. So... Pokemon Let's Go: Crystal Version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot