Pokemon Presents broadcast scheduled for Pokemon Day, Feb. 27

uhjg.jpg

Pokemon Day will have an extra special something going on this year. Nintendo will be hosting a Pokemon Presents livestream broadcast on Pokemon Day--otherwise known as February 27th. Lasting 14 minutes, the content of the video hasn't been teased, though we have seen major reveals for the franchise take place during these. It'll air 6am PT/ 2pm UK time.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope their is something about the Gen 5 remakes
God no; after how they bastardised Sinnoh, I just want them to leave the best games in the series alone.

If they're going to remake Black/White 2, they're liable to remove the PWT instead of expanding on it (by adding in Kalos, Alola and Galar's Gym Leaders and Champions), and/or remove the Key System and with it Challenge Mode, and/or leave out Black Tower and White Treehollow.

Even if they're going to remake Black/White, they're still liable to ignore fan feedback again by not putting the EXP. Share back in, by not reimplementing every move, by limiting the Pokédex in some stupid way.

No, just leave Unova alone, please; don't tarnish this fantastic region!

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seriously? It's too early for both Gen.9 and Gen.5 remakes.
Don't have high expectations. Maybe it will be just a "Detective Pikachu 2", "Pokémon Sleep" or something like them
Well, they never did follow up on Detective Pikachu's cliffhanger...the game was alright, but the cliffhanger was disappointing, and the movie is not exactly a sequel or follow-up or anything; just a reimagining of the game with an actual ending because standalone movies need proper endings.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's gen 9.

No more Pokémon please we have 900 and some legendary Pokémon no longer make any sense. Example Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos is supposed to be one of a kind but how on earth do we have a Galarian version did the original 3 evolved into a new varient??

Just a little example we have too many pokemon we just need an overall better story and experience

@AkiraKurusu
What's wrong with the Gen 4 remake? I like it (personally I prefer they used SW/SH graphics) but I didn't see anything wrong infact that game have more content than SW/SH am I missing something here?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God no; after how they bastardised Sinnoh, I just want them to leave the best games in the series alone.

If they're going to remake Black/White 2, they're liable to remove the PWT instead of expanding on it (by adding in Kalos, Alola and Galar's Gym Leaders and Champions), and/or remove the Key System and with it Challenge Mode, and/or leave out Black Tower and White Treehollow.

Even if they're going to remake Black/White, they're still liable to ignore fan feedback again by not putting the EXP. Share back in, by not reimplementing every move, by limiting the Pokédex in some stupid way.

No, just leave Unova alone, please; don't tarnish this fantastic region!
Then I swear to my master Bahamunt, that if Game Freak remakes the gen 5 games in chibi, then I will pirate the games because of the crap they are!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then I swear to my master Bahamunt, that if Game Freak remakes the gen 5 games in chibi, then I will pirate the games because of the crap they are!
If they're so theoretically crap why would you pirate them? I've never understood this mentality. If you're so against it then don't play it.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@AkiraKurusu
What's wrong with the Gen 4 remake? I like it (personally I prefer they used SW/SH graphics) but I didn't see anything wrong infact that game have more content than SW/SH am I missing something here?
I agree we've got way too many Pokémon now (especially if Legends' exclusives return - fuck you, Enamorus), but BDSP...uuuuggghh.

They abandoned unbreakable TMs, which makes them nowhere near as convenient anymore. They used the original DP as the base, when Platinum was far better and fixed quite a few issues with DP. They used DP teams instead of Platinum's teams, and DP's Pokedex too. They left out the Battle Frontier, which many fans wanted - and were still upset by how it was left out of ORAS. They added Affection benefits to friendship, which a lot of people find overly cheap. Trainer levels do not match levels gained by shared EXP. They ruined Underground bases, by heavily restricting available decorations; they also removed Traps to mess with friends. They left out a ton of moves, for no reason.

Reactions: Goku1992A

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's WAY too early for a Gen 5 remake, it's just 4 months since BDSP's release (and PLA of course), it should be at least another 2 years.. And i don't think they'll show anything about Gen 9, if they even have anything to show it's way too early too, and with the recent release of PLA they can't risk over-saturating the market with Pokémon releases left and right..
If anything, maybe they'll announce something about a spinoff Pokémon title that are in the works, or just it'll be just about some BDSP/PLA events..

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree we've got way too many Pokémon now (especially if Legends' exclusives return - fuck you, Enamorus), but BDSP...uuuuggghh.

They abandoned unbreakable TMs, which makes them nowhere near as convenient anymore. They used the original DP as the base, when Platinum was far better and fixed quite a few issues with DP. They used DP teams instead of Platinum's teams, and DP's Pokedex too. They left out the Battle Frontier, which many fans wanted - and were still upset by how it was left out of ORAS. They added Affection benefits to friendship, which a lot of people find overly cheap. Trainer levels do not match levels gained by shared EXP. They ruined Underground bases, by heavily restricting available decorations; they also removed Traps to mess with friends. They left out a ton of moves, for no reason.

Okay understood! Maybe they will add DLC to BDSP who knows!

My #1 complaint because SW/SH did this too is that they dumped every legendary Pokémon in 1 area. It makes it looses it's value if you know what I mean

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just ask? How healthy is the online community for these games? And by that I mean, are there people online to play with? Cause Honestly I never owned a pokemon game with online features. (I stopped at GBA like a noob)

I do have a switch, and I was just curious since it does actually cost money to play online unlike the portable systems that didn't. :ninja:

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My predictions: Arceus DLC to come this summer or fall. also cellphone game(s), weird stuff, crossovers, ect. No main-line games i'm sure, but they do put out at least 1-4 non-main pokemon games a year.

Reactions: Ektif and Flame

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope their is something about the Gen 5 remakes
Lol, way too soon.

We'll probably see Let's Go Johto reveals, some sort of Legends Arceus update or expansion. And I'm gonna guess a random Sword and Shield update, further expanding the in-game pokedex among some other updates in game.

Would love to see a curveball, like a Pokemon Conquest 2, but I think this will be very by the books with the biggest reveal being something along the lines of Let's Go Johto.

Reactions: Jayro and Plazorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1