Pokemon Presents broadcast scheduled for Pokemon Day, Feb. 27

uhjg.jpg

Pokemon Day will have an extra special something going on this year. Nintendo will be hosting a Pokemon Presents livestream broadcast on Pokemon Day--otherwise known as February 27th. Lasting 14 minutes, the content of the video hasn't been teased, though we have seen major reveals for the franchise take place during these. It'll air 6am PT/ 2pm UK time.

:arrow: Source

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Or Let's Go Johto games.
While I imagine gen 5 news is a solid 3 years away at least, I do wonder how they'll handle the inevitable Gen 5 remakes. Like do they only remake Black and White, or do they remake Black 2 and White 2, or do they maybe find a way to conmbine Black with Black 2 and White with White 2 in a single remake release, or do 2 sets of remakes for the gen?

Reactions: CoolMe

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I'd be irked to see them monetize a Platinum story DLC for BDSP, it would also be nice to see them at least release one before moving onto a Gen5 remake. Not going to get my hopes up, though.

It has already been over a year since the Crown Tundra update for SWSH, so a tease of Gen9 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're so theoretically crap why would you pirate them? I've never understood this mentality. If you're so against it then don't play it.
Pirating something doesn't necessarily mean you play it more than a few minutes, if at all.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, and I skipped Unova, thinking it was a waste of my time. Meanwhile, some of you say it was the best lol. (i have no reasoning, just didn't see it hyped enough to seem worth it to go back to it, maybe i should now, if no remakes are announced)

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, and I skipped Unova, thinking it was a waste of my time. Meanwhile, some of you say it was the best lol. (i have no reasoning, just didn't see it hyped enough to seem worth it to go back to it, maybe i should now, if no remakes are announced)
Black/White do not feature any older Pokémon until after the end credits, as the focus was strictly on the 156 new species; a lot of people didn't like this, but in my eyes it was refreshing as you had to experiment, find out what each new 'mon was all about, instead of relying and coasting by on old favourites. It also helps that Unova contains many of my personal favourite Pokémon.
BW2, meanwhile, brought back a lot of older Pokémon and mixed them with the new, making it a more standard romp in that regard.

Personally, I did like N's story and character progression throughout BW, though there isn't much to do in those games after fully exploring the region.
BW2 drastically improves on that front, though, by adding awesome features like Challenge Mode (sadly only available by beating Black 2, at which point you can transfer the Challenge Key to another copy of BW2 - or use an Action Replay code to unlock it immediately), Pokémon World Tournament (where previous region's Gym Leaders and Champions can be fought, alongside Red of course), Black Tower and White Treehollow (mazes, where you need to find a specific Trainer who will unlock the door to the next level), and Pokéstar Studios (short movies you can 'act' - battle - in, and what you do can influence the plot, resulting in some weird and funny endings).
There's also Hidden Grottoes, which can rarely contain specific species with their Hidden Abilities; a nice small bonus feature, that.

Also, back when the external Dream World was still accessible, you could change your C-Gear's skin, grow berries, and get Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities through it; BW2 also had a basic achievement system known as "Medal Rally", and some Medals were exclusively gotten through Dream World activities...which meant that once DW shut down, Medal Rally could no longer be completed...ugh. Also there's no other way to grow berries in Unova, so that sucks too.

Oh, and while I do love BW2, its Champion is unfortunately not the same one as in BW; instead it's a rather minor character who really did not do much of anything throughout both BW and BW2, which was exceptionally disappointing.
Still, if you finish BW and then link it to BW2 through DS Wireless, you can unlock some extra flashback scenes involving important characters like Gym Leaders and the Champion, as well as being able to catch some of N's Pokémon and able to battle Bianca and Cheren with their original BW teams.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calling it now PLA DLC i swear if icall right i muuust have clearvoyance (Predicted Jan 6th (well at least trump's coup after losing trying to keep his power, and the russia/Ukraine conflict) why not add a non political prediction to the list?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
perhaps it would be wise of them to sort of make one Pokémon game that they can continue to support for a long time. One game where they can gradually release new regions and Pokémon in form of expansion. Less work, more money.

They could make it so that when you travel to another region you have to leave your pokemon behind and can only transfer Pokémon between regions after defeating the elite four.

that way you could eventually have the entire Pokédex added, all regions and a balanced enough challenge. I would be excited for something like that

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My money is also on a new Let's Go game. Since the previous titles were based on the 3rd 1st Gen game (or 4th if you're in Japan), I would expect this one to be based on Crystal. So... Pokemon Let's Go: Crystal Version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.