ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
raffo89 said:
is it possible to make the pokedex show the exact location of a pokemon in the location tab? i can't always remember which route as which pokemon, so this fix would be really time-saving!

I already answered and no you can't do this actually
frown.gif

Wolfsclaw -> Thanks for the new version
tongue.gif

Reptlle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to keep bothering you, but are you sure Vulpix is in great marsh area 4? Cause I've been searching there for a while now and I'm seeing the same pokemon over and over, but no Vulpix. Unless it's very very rare... But you did say that it can be found more or less commonly

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reptlle said:
Sorry to keep bothering you, but are you sure Vulpix is in great marsh area 4? Cause I've been searching there for a while now and I'm seeing the same pokemon over and over, but no Vulpix. Unless it's very very rare... But you did say that it can be found more or less commonly
Are you sure you're using the latest patch? I just checked the encounter data for that area and there are two entries for Vulpix there (one Lv.28 and one Lv.29). They're not at the low-percentage areas, either.

You're probably just unlucky.

Reptlle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm sure the new patch works. Hmmm... Perhaps I'm just unlucky. Will have to check some more. Another thing, is Vulpix tbere at night or during the day?

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
edit: nevermind.

On another note, quite a bummer today. Tried to add the Rival as a replacement for Cynthia (so, as the new champion) but it won't let me because the intro-battle-sequence (where it says Hero vs. Cynthia) is linked to the battle sprite, which causes a change of the sprite (cynthia -> rival) to crash the rom.

The only way of adding the Rival as the new champ would be to overwrite cynthia's sprite which in return would mean you would never get to battle Cynthia (I thought I'd make her the new battle-me-weekends-guy in the survival area), which I guess nobody wants, right?

So... Cynthia probably needs to stay in place and i have to roll my changes (text & battle pokemon) back
sleep.gif

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
I've got a little request for anyone that wants to support me:

I need a .sav save file that is (in perfect case) right before the top four (or in the middle of it) without having them beaten once, i.e. having the eight badges, but not having taken on the top four yet. Preferrably also before the Rival match in the Pokecenter @ Elite Four.

Could anyone help me out here? Thanks =)

Pokemon Platinum.sav

Not my save, just downloaded from Gamefaqs.com.
1. I padded/converted the .duc to 512kb .sav.
2. Walked through walls from pre-Victory Road to post-Victory Road PC, and just walked into door so haven't battled rival either.
Done on R4 to ensure successful save convert.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you edit the Solaceon Ruins encounters a different way?

Edit: Never mind, looked into one of the legend clues a little too shallowly.

mahmedbawany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the hints are pretty good, but some of them like with the alien Pokemon and numbers 0,2 and 3 Was pretty easy.
some hints are too easy, some legendary Pokemon hints are not there.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://projectpokemon.org/editing/ppre.php

Oh, and the hints weren't supposed to be that hard, you'll more likely have a hard time encountering the legi's because of their rareness
smile.gif

edit: oh, in fact they seem to have deleted that download link for 0.4. That's probably because it's buggy as hell & you won't have a hard time screwing your whole rom image, unless you back it up often enough.
Don't worry though, 0.5 is most likely going to be out soon. It's going to have a lot of improvements...

tom9927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i keep hearing problems with this rom patching my self as a r4 non sdd version have no problems

make sure your using this rom no links Pokémon Platinum (U).nds the size is 131,072

follow everything correctly and use xdelta for untrimmed drag untrimmed patch for trimmed drag trimmed patch into the patcher

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion: Give Shaymin Celebi's location and give Celebi a location similar to it's G/S/C habitat. Hope I'm being vague enough.

Shaymin Hint
Listen to the Galactic Grunts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission