Pokemon Platinum Debug Menu

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Poryhack, Nov 11, 2009.

Nov 11, 2009

Pokemon Platinum Debug Menu by Poryhack at 3:14 AM (2,997 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Poryhack
    OP

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe you knew about this already maybe you didn't, but I don't think it has been publicized enough yet. [​IMG]

This section can be found in the extracted text of Platinum (and HGSS for the record, although it's in Japanese obviously):
    View TXT file. Decided not to spoiler it because it's so long.

As you can see by browsing through there a debug menu exists and is capable of a ton of cool stuff. A friend of mine said this was more like a debug application than a menu and he's probably right; it's huge.

I'm hoping by posting this that I can get somebody more technically inclined than myself interested. There's ways of finding out how to access such a thing, no? Needless to say if you succeed in that or just have some thoughts to share please post them her.

2. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If all that text is there it raises the chances of it still being accessible in some way, but it's not a sure thing.

3. mystery01

Newcomer mystery01 Member

United States
    If for some reason it can't be accessed, I suppose a part of it can be used as a cheat to overwrite a message while running the game. When the game reads it, it may activate the effect.

4. Poryhack
    OP

United States
    I don't know where you're going with this. It either can be accessed or it can't (because it's gone).

5. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Have you checked to see if any Action Replay DS codes exist to allow you to do such a thing? Usually if the room is accessible, it is doable through a cheat device. So if the room is accessible, it would almost certainly have a code you can use to do it.

6. Poryhack
    OP

United States
    I'm quite sure there isn't as almost nobody knows it exists. And it's not a room, it's a menu...

7. Username_09

Newcomer Username_09 Member

Australia
    It may in theory be accesible, and normally i would try but i can't be bothered doing the coding.

8. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    but, the menu is accessible in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Explorer of Sky)
    so, i think that there's a way to HACK this "debug" menu...
    [​IMG]

9. Poryhack
    OP

United States
    The games might both be Pokemon, but they're made by different studios. Trying to compare them is pointless.