ROM Hack Pokemon Neo X & Neo Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried to look up and see, or I could be completely overlooking something, But is GW the only way to play this as of today? I saw another hack I wanted to give a try (Star Sapphire) and there it says you can play it via http://smealum.github.io/3ds/. I am unlucky to not have a console that is able to use a GW atm so would need a new console and the GW to play. I do plan on it when I have the spare money, just wanted to start playing asap :)

If I have overlooked this info somewhere I do apologise.

If you have a way to launch smealums homebrew launcher you can use the provided tool HANS to run these mods.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Late to the game, would like to know how mystery gift/pokemon link data is stored and if neo x/y rom hacking may interfere with this data. I have a physical copy of pokemon Y and backed up my save using save manager. Would also like to know how "safe" my save is regarding legal checks when importing my main file

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I've got an pc with Windows XP.
When I start" HackingToolkit get this screen
2hpinhe.jpg

How i can fix it? Thanks

Attachments

• file.bmp
    709.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by MartyDreamy,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Without being able to read Italian all I can do is guess that ctrtool is a 64-bit app and you're on 32-bit XP. That said XP is unsupported even by MS so nobody is testing for XP compatibility anyways.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've got an pc with Windows XP.
When I start" HackingToolkit get this screen
2hpinhe.jpg

How i can fix it? Thanks

I think it says this is an invalid win32 application. In that case you're either missing the right .net or something runtimes or you have a corrupt download of the program.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Even after following all the correct steps, I get a black screen that hangs and nothing even loads. Pokemon Y on HANS

Edit : Finally got it to work, apprently HANS doesn't play nice with themehax eshop spoofer and everything goes haywire with it, booted HBL via Cubic Ninja and everything worked perfectly.

Last edited by Misledz,

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave this a spin yesterday after going through hard times trying to get the romFS to work (and even then I had to download a pre-built romFS from that other 3DS site >_< ) and while I didn't exactly like the alternate depiction of the mother as a drunk, I found the very first battle to be surprisingly easy for a hack that boasts a large difficulty increase. I usually expect difficulty hacks such as this to have the difficulties raised to where every battle is like battling a competent Pokemon player online, which is the main reason I don't normally play them. Maybe those expectations will be met later on down the line.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one question that kinda came to mind,since we cant use updates, have these romhacks gotten around the Issue of savescausing a gamebreaking bug in Lumiose City? or do we nee dto save outside the city to avoid it?

D

Deleted User

I read somewhere that you added extra items. Is this true? If so, how did you do it?

R_66Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason neo y freezes during opening transistion of npcs, can someone tell me how to fix this?

R_66Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean opening transition, could you be more specific?
right before you a battle someone, they say their text and on the transition where it shows an upclose to their artwork type of pokemon trainer than name, instead of going through it, it freezes when the screen begins leaving a blue background with a white line going across the middle of it.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
right before you a battle someone, they say their text and on the transition where it shows an upclose to their artwork type of pokemon trainer than name, instead of going through it, it freezes when the screen begins leaving a blue background with a white line going across the middle of it.
Odd I never experienced that, infact mine was the text before the battle

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave this a spin yesterday after going through hard times trying to get the romFS to work (and even then I had to download a pre-built romFS from that other 3DS site >_< ) and while I didn't exactly like the alternate depiction of the mother as a drunk, I found the very first battle to be surprisingly easy for a hack that boasts a large difficulty increase. I usually expect difficulty hacks such as this to have the difficulties raised to where every battle is like battling a competent Pokemon player online, which is the main reason I don't normally play them. Maybe those expectations will be met later on down the line.
Trust me, the battles in this get frustrating because alot of the pokemon have moves they shouldn't have, and pokemon are evolved way earlier than they should be. I.E Pidoves knowing mach punch, and half the pokemon in the game knowing power-up punch it seems like. tons of the starting pokemon have low power + stat increasing moves on them. Ariados lv.14 or 16ish on the 1st gym leader, pokemon know moves way before they should have them. Don't think you're going to get a competitive moveset etc experience from this one, but i'm not far enough to say.

Rutile Ruby/Omega Sapphire have very good competitive movesets and teams set up though.

Last edited by Acryt,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER