FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
Amherst said:
Man, your attitude sucks. I was going to try both translation patches and see which was better but I'm just gonna go with the patch by the guy who is doing it for the community so everyone can play the games in English, he didn't make his thread before the ROM was released, he didn't fill it with a fanfare so we could all praise him. Your patch seems to only exist so you can get some kind of fame out of doing it...

"The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK) If this is seen in any other patch, they stole my translation."

Yeah... so someone stole the ability to use lowercase letters from you eh? I think that says it all... have fun with your glory.

I started the thread ahead of time in hopes to form a team. In the end, it was only me and Rykin.
Your post holds no logic, as if the "other team" wasn't looking to get fame, "they" wouldn't have started a thread after I explicitly posted I would do this translation.
Secondly, it's very common for translations to get stolen, and as "they" don't know a lick of Japanese, it would be a very nice opportunity for them to find out where the old text would fit over the new text.

Actually, his logic is just fine. You don't know for a fact that he doesn't know Japanese, unless he's said it himself. As you two don't work together, you don't know what exactly he knows. Stop bashing others. He at least got the anti-freeze patch in first. As for you saying you're going to make the translation, you don't control who makes them. Any number of people can do it; you can't call it. You only made the post beforehand so people would come to you first instead of anyone else. You have a horrible attitude about making this, and you truly are making a lot of fanfare about it.

Another beef I have with you is that "Asking something delays the patch by another week"

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
Raqib12 said:
i'm just gonna say a couple words here. hope you don't take it the wrong way!
i sort of agree with people saying you seem a bit fame hungry. but i DO find it amazing that you're taking YOUR time to do this! and i do want to thank you A LOT! you obviously deserve the fame and everything. and a LOT of gratitude.
though i also agree with the claim that if someone uses lower case letters it gets stolen is kind of overkill. but again, awesome that you guys are taking your own time to do this!

i'm personally using kazo's atm. simply because PC is translated, and it shows what pokemon can use what TM and such.

but i'l probably switch back to yours depending what i feel like xD.

ps, any way of you two working together? might get it done quicker....

and again, don't take this the wrong way. i find it awesome that you're doing this.
brb, backpedaling - despite anything heated I might have said - kudos regardless for putting all this time and effort into this - and the image hacking's very impressive. However, yeah you are getting a little bit...overkill about it. Lowercase letters is no big deal, man - if I take thenewpoketext to Kazo's patch, make all the menu commands lowercase and keep the patch to myself, I didn't just steal your patch - it's just a preference.

anyway yeah despite what I may have said, I'd be happy to work on imagehacking if I only knew how with a pokeman game :/

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
kosheh said:
Amherst said:
Man, your attitude sucks. I was going to try both translation patches and see which was better but I'm just gonna go with the patch by the guy who is doing it for the community so everyone can play the games in English, he didn't make his thread before the ROM was released, he didn't fill it with a fanfare so we could all praise him. Your patch seems to only exist so you can get some kind of fame out of doing it...

"The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK) If this is seen in any other patch, they stole my translation."

Yeah... so someone stole the ability to use lowercase letters from you eh? I think that says it all... have fun with your glory.
...actually, after mulling over the topic yeah, I'm gonna piggyback off Amherst here; you're using a tool that's written by someone else for the purpose of ease-of-use, and you're acting pretty...high and mighty with this as if you're a god for being able to change the text.

Also if I'm not mistaken you copied and pasted tons of stuff from Platinum, and then criticized Kazo for doing so. "he doesn't know a lick of japanese!"

I don't know, that seemed kinda...
dickish to me >_>

I credited loadingNOW in the first post.

Please point out to me where any Platinum text is, I will kindly get right to fixing that.
Raqib, please don't take offense from any of these haters. Obviously none of them understand the work that you're putting into your translation. As far as I can tell, you're not flaunting glory or doing anything wrong with your translation; they have been fantastic and you are doing a great job. Please keep it up!

For all attackers:
Maybe you didn't hear him the first time, but Raqib has constantly said that he attempted to team up with Kazo, but his request was declined. He's not trying to flaunt glory; you people are just crazy. You can support his patch or not. However, don't attack him for trying to help a few people who will actually accept his kindness.

Forever Forbidde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First off, awesome project, and thanks for sharing it with everone so we can all play the game in english.

Second, do you plan on ever changing the in-game text, like NPC's, storyline, and such, or is it just going to be the menus and such?

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks good so far however it seems that the freeze patch does not stop it from freezing when I save with my m3ds Real

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought of a few more things that would be nice to see in the next update:
Gym badge names/Gym leader names
Box is most important though I think.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Django0 said:
Uhm, Isn't it supposed to be Bill's pc? cause when I caught a pokemon it said "transferred to Bebe's pc"

Nyaha! And here's your proof of copying text from Platinum! Nice denying it, and then having it proven by accident.

PS: This better not be a triple post...

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp mirrors removed from the first post, everything reuploaded to MegaUpload.

As people are complaining, I've decided to modify my first post to make it look cleaner for you. Expect a 4.0 tonight. If someone can link me with Rudolph's latest patch, that would be much appreciated.

I will note parts of the game that have had a direct insert from Platinum in the first post as well. If you look back however, I was translating Platinum as well.

GodMew

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody, I'm new here. You are doing an excellent job.
wink.gif

I found a flaw in the translation. The name of Cindaquil is not translated.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattmagician said:
Looks good. Any hints on what we'll see in 4.0?

-A completed PokeMart
-Finished locations
-Finished items
-PC Operations
-Any messed up text or glitches anyone may find, or anything I missed
-An updated anti-piracy patch (if someone can link me one that works universally)
-Trainer titles (Psychic Gordan)
-Important names

Of course, I didn't list everything.

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those still having freeze problems, apply the arm7 patch after this patch, I got about 6 hours of gameplay on a M3 real without a single freeze.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ditto on the R4 thing

was just coming to post to ask is there any anti - freeze or anything patches applied

also

will the Descriptions of the other poke-balls be inserted (lure, heavy etc)

names are there but description is still in Moon

i can read Japanese fluently im just fussy

lex23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
add ez vi to Confirmed working (not freezing) flashcarts with 3.0
i've been playing it for like 45mins, no problems
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl