Not open for further replies.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you don't like the watermark, just edit the nds fileand change it, but everyone should have a little consideration for authors of this amazing patch patch,

btw Raq, if you're having problems with uploading the patch only, email it to me and I'll provide the links right away ^^

Chotaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and before people start to ask, with 3.0 you dont need the antifreeze patch as it is included on the patcher..

I just have one doubt here what's the difference between apply patch.bat and create patch.bat ?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
man that guy on the previous page shoul stfu are you mister hotshot that whatever you say we should listen too if youy dont like the patch dont use it and GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD

NJim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot man.
Though, I really wish you would consider doing some kind of story translation.. even just summarising what key people are saying.
I mean, I was running around Violet City for ages after beating Falkner because I couldn't figure out where the hell to go, only to find out that for some reason Nintendo moved Elm's Aide from the Pokemon Centre to the PokeMart.

Of course, it's entirely your choice, and either way, thanks a bunch for this.

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 3.0 now, looks good so far!

A few things I think would be nice to have in the next version,
Bill's/Someone's PC: This area is somewhat hard to navigate, would be nice to have it in english!

WiFi Menus (This may be tricky, but it'd be a nice advantage)

Possibly Trainer Types/Names? Would take forever though, and isn't really high up there on the "do want" list.
With that, PokeGear would be kinda nice as well. Seeing what radio stations, a bit about what they're saying, etc.

Mafi

Trophies
XP
Country
I´m agree with you mattmagician. Also when you finish translating the system of the game you could translate the whole game because the 90% of the texts of the game are the same as in GBC.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shugo Takahashi said:
Well, this translation looks fairly nice so far, but bits of it and the creators' attitudes really bother me.

For one, I don't like how "Press Start" is replaced with what is basically "HEY DON'T FORGET THAT WE MADE IT PRAISE US AND GIVE US CREDIT!!!". I don't like how "Save" is now "Report". You know it's going to be "Save" in the official version, so why do you do stuff like that? Also, the PokeDex isn't translated at all whatsoever. I don't know why you have it listed as 100% done.

And honestly, the game is coming out in English in just a few months. Why bother being high and mighty "WE CAN READ REAL JAPANESE AND WILL TRANSLATE THE WHOLE GAME THAT WAY!" when you can just copy+paste heaps of text from Platinum/original GBC games and only translate new portions? We've survived all previous Pokemon games without any patches past battle text anyway, so why bother? Why do you need to be pretentious and hoarding of credit and glory when really you're only going to get a few months of fame until the real deal comes out anyway? Collaborate with the community a bit and stop treating everyone like sheep ("HURR WE'LL DELAY IT A WEEK IF YOU UPSET US >:[").
shugo

i love you

Amherst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, your attitude sucks. I was going to try both translation patches and see which was better but I'm just gonna go with the patch by the guy who is doing it for the community so everyone can play the games in English, he didn't make his thread before the ROM was released, he didn't fill it with a fanfare so we could all praise him. Your patch seems to only exist so you can get some kind of fame out of doing it...

"The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK) If this is seen in any other patch, they stole my translation."

Yeah... so someone stole the ability to use lowercase letters from you eh? I think that says it all... have fun with your glory.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amherst said:
Man, your attitude sucks. I was going to try both translation patches and see which was better but I'm just gonna go with the patch by the guy who is doing it for the community so everyone can play the games in English, he didn't make his thread before the ROM was released, he didn't fill it with a fanfare so we could all praise him. Your patch seems to only exist so you can get some kind of fame out of doing it...

"The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK) If this is seen in any other patch, they stole my translation."

Yeah... so someone stole the ability to use lowercase letters from you eh? I think that says it all... have fun with your glory.

I started the thread ahead of time in hopes to form a team. In the end, it was only me and Rykin.
Your post holds no logic, as if the "other team" wasn't looking to get fame, "they" wouldn't have started a thread after I explicitly posted I would do this translation.
Secondly, it's very common for translations to get stolen, and as "they" don't know a lick of Japanese, it would be a very nice opportunity for them to find out where the old text would fit over the new text.

Chotaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kosheh said:
iNNERDEATH said:
if you don't like the watermark, just edit the nds fileand change it, but everyone should have a little consideration for authors of this amazing patch patch,

btw Raq, if you're having problems with uploading the patch only, email it to me and I'll provide the links right away ^^
you do realize this is a pokemon game and not just any other game

the encryption for this is hardcore and requires some experience.
I've translated 2 games [and had 2 projects, one which I'm working on now] and I can't even figure out how to hack the images in this game. @_@;

I know the encryption for this is ''hardcore'' but I wouldn't tell you to do if I didn't know how to make it myself...
I jsut don't understand why everyone is bitching about the ingame credits you won't even read the push start 90% of the times you boot the game, so STFU.

Raqib, just ignore the haters and keep doing your thing ^^
btw: are you going to translate any of the dialogue or the starting screens?

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amherst said:

...actually, after mulling over the topic yeah, I'm gonna piggyback off Amherst here; you're using a tool that's written by someone else for the purpose of ease-of-use, and you're acting pretty...high and mighty with this as if you're a god for being able to change the text.

Also if I'm not mistaken you copied and pasted tons of stuff from Platinum, and then criticized Kazo for doing so. "he doesn't know a lick of japanese!"

I don't know, that seemed kinda...
dickish to me >_>

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Raqib12 said:
i'm just gonna say a couple words here. hope you don't take it the wrong way!
i sort of agree with people saying you seem a bit fame hungry. but i DO find it amazing that you're taking YOUR time to do this! and i do want to thank you A LOT! you obviously deserve the fame and everything. and a LOT of gratitude.
though i also agree with the claim that if someone uses lower case letters it gets stolen is kind of overkill. but again, awesome that you guys are taking your own time to do this!

i'm personally using kazo's atm. simply because PC is translated, and it shows what pokemon can use what TM and such.

but i'l probably switch back to yours depending what i feel like xD.

ps, any way of you two working together? might get it done quicker....

and again, don't take this the wrong way. i find it awesome that you're doing this.

BenWyldeZX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sword-of-seals.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got a little problem, I combined your translation and that save/crash fix - but I still get random crashes (with M3DS Real) - is there a solution for it or isn't there one yet?

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Amherst said:

...actually, after mulling over the topic yeah, I'm gonna piggyback off Amherst here; you're using a tool that's written by someone else for the purpose of ease-of-use, and you're acting pretty...high and mighty with this as if you're a god for being able to change the text.

Also if I'm not mistaken you copied and pasted tons of stuff from Platinum, and then criticized Kazo for doing so. "he doesn't know a lick of japanese!"

I don't know, that seemed kinda...
dickish to me >_>

I credited loadingNOW in the first post.

Please point out to me where any Platinum text is, I will kindly get right to fixing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::rofl::rofl2: