Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'll say save twice while offline, before going online.
We don't know what they track or check.
Maybe they compare the block 1 save and block 2 backup, and see that a Pokemon popped out of nowhere with no trades nor catching nor hatching.

I'm personally wondering if anyone without the initial game sync, get's stopped from doing so..

You likely need to start over with a new game save.
I doubt it will be that simple. Will gonna remove the game from my account. This is the Warning message.

**Note that it says the game can be linked to a DIFFERENT account. Probably cant be linked again to my account.

bandicam 2017-01-26 10-05-29-801.jpg

Kyek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looking at the reddit thread comments, it seems like the reason for these bans come exclusively from editing items, or trainer info.
So in my case it would be because of the clothes, not because of my improperly nicknamed arcanine.

Guys, you all completed checked the Pokedex as filled... right?

I did

lapisex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, you all completed checked the Pokedex as filled... right? Even @Kyek
I caught all my mons legally.

Looking at the reddit thread comments, it seems like the reason for these bans come exclusively from editing items, or trainer info.
So in my case it would be because of the clothes, not because of my improperly nicknamed arcanine.

That's the problem, I put all the clothes in my game too and I'm fine. For now at least.
I'll be reporting as soon as I get banned.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I caught all my mons legally.

That's the problem, I put all the clothes in my game too and I'm fine. For now at least.
I'll be reporting as soon as I get banned.
I dont think the clothes have anything to do here. But the Key items and the 999 items
It is possible. As long as you have the money.

I thought theres a limit of 255(Which I didnt know)

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont think the clothes have anything to do here. But the Key items and the 999 items

I thought theres a limit of 255(Which I didnt know)
If you try to have 1000, then it would cause issues. Has anyone tried to change TIDs to get unbanned?

Kyek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Guipradi I just noticed that you edited your comment showing that I posted an "Illegal" cyndaquil on the gts. Just wanted to point out that if you double click the red sign it turns right back to legal.

Reactions: Guipradi

Ooka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone confirm at which point you get the banned message? I went into Battle Spot -> Rating Battle -> Team Selection but never picked a team, would I have seen a banned message at that point?

For reference I have hacked item amounts [900x] (Through Powersaves), cloned Pokemon (Powersaves & PKSM), and generated "legal" Pokemon (PKSM). Never used PKHeX. Also did not download the game early in any way.

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the ban happens because they use pkhex to create pokemon from the start, not captured pokemon, i edited my save with 10 lucky eggs and i shinify a pokemon and dosent get the ban

Ariolu

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I've just got banned, LOL
I actually don't care, I can connect with my other copy sooo (?)
But I don't know what messed up this thing... I don't have "seriously" edited Pokémon :/

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Could someone confirm at which point you get the banned message? I went into Battle Spot -> Rating Battle -> Team Selection but never picked a team, would I have seen a banned message at that point?

For reference I have hacked item amounts [900x] (Through Powersaves), cloned Pokemon (Powersaves & PKSM), and generated "legal" Pokemon (PKSM). Never used PKHeX. Also did not download the game early in any way.
Youre not banned. At least I get the message when click on Rating Battles and the game start to connect to the global link

Reactions: Ooka

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Guipradi I just noticed that you edited your comment showing that I posted an "Illegal" cyndaquil on the gts. Just wanted to point out that if you double click the red sign it turns right back to legal.
Because Pokébank was released yesterday.
Also you cant have 1000 items cuz PKHex doesnt let you cuz the game only have fit for 3 digit of each
Yes, it lets you. But the game gets glitched until the counter goes back to at least 999.

Looks like my fun with perma-Zygarde 100% and perma Ash-Greninja both 999 stats (only in singleplayer) has ended.

Guipradi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you click on "Rating Battle" it then tries to connect and immedeately shows the error code.

You can get cyndaquil legally without bank tho (island scan)
Yes, but you didn't use the legality checker on the cyndaquil befor sending it to the GTS. I had a problem one day with a Solgaleo with modified EV, the defense of my Solgaleo was 10 in Pkhex but ingame it was the normal one (119), tried battling with him but didn't let me, used legality checker and fixed shit up and I could use it again.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

If you want to use hacks or altered saves then keep that offline because those playing online want a fair chance at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Drake sang in A minor