Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

JFlare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... this is news to me... I have done a little hacking on my Pokemon games. Ill have to check the global link to see if I'm still on :3

BENDIEZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inb4 I gen banned for modifying my BP to 9,999 next Thuesday. Since I don't participate in Global Missions or Battle Spot I don't give a shit as long as I can trade with people and use the GTS. TPC, GF and Nintendo can all shove a big cactus up their ass if I get banned for item or BP modification.

zenaku_unqiue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i have been skimming through out the pages. so anyone here correct me if i am wrong
if you do not game sync you are fine?
i use pkhex to gen mon and got a bunch of item but not 999 i have 250. for online battle would i still get ban i only use
free battles?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i have been skimming through out the pages. so anyone here correct me if i am wrong
if you do not game sync you are fine?
i use pkhex to gen mon and got a bunch of item but not 999 i have 250. for online battle would i still get ban i only use
free battles?

If you never ever set up game sync, you're safe.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Its just me or Mew cant be Traded in Sun and Moon. I got a Shiny Mew from Emerald which I can use online on Free and Rating Battles. But cant be traded, wondertraded or uploaded to the GTS

Is there any legit Mew thats not the ORAS Event nor the Glitch Mew

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just me or Mew cant be Traded in Sun and Moon. I got a Shiny Mew from Emerald which I can use online on Free and Rating Battles. But cant be traded, wondertraded or uploaded to the GTS

Thanks for the note on shiny Mew being able to battle, I could not trade the little thing. And the answer, in regards to their strict hold on trading Mews, no. Only the GF distribution from last year, the VC Mew event, and the Glitch Mew when its OT/TID is edited to match the VC one.

Last edited by RustInPeace,
Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Same thing's happening to me with Arceus, I was testing things so I could give away shit in a facebook group but I COULD actually upload it, but not FIND it
Try deleting the ribbons it has if it has any, or delete all the memories and TRY to make it look the legit-est you can
EDIT: :ph34r:'d

Last edited by Imacaredformy2ds, , Reason: Ninjad
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of those "oh I'm dumb" moments, in PKHex you can toggle Dex changing through genning a Pokemon. Essentially with the option unchecked (Options>Set to SAV>Modify Pokedex), you can write unregistered pokemon to your save without the Dex being affected. So, Marshadow without a dex entry, though that doesn't change the fact that trading and Nursery depositing will still get it registered in your dex. But if you don't do any of that, and of course not go online with the suspect unreleased/illegal mon, you'll probably be okay.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thanks for the note on shiny Mew being able to battle, I could not trade the little thing. And the answer, in regards to their strict hold on trading Mews, no. Only the GF distribution from last year, the VC Mew event, and the Glitch Mew when its OT/TID is edited to match the VC one.
So those Mews can be traded? Anyone care to share or link me to that VC Event one(the Pkm)

luke_t800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purely anecdotal, but I am not banned despite hacking. I have a TLDR at the bottom, but for anyone wondering, I have done the following:

-Played before release. Did not go online before the street date, knowing I could always argue that my internal clock was set incorrectly If I were to get banned :P

-modified legal Pokemon. No illegal stats or moves, no bank stuff before release, etc. 100% legal and usable online. Also deleted mons to save time of releasing one by one

-modified items and currencies. Extra pokebeans/bp. Never touched FC as it was somewhat connected to online play, something I avoided out of paranoia. Also added extra rare candies, battle items, etc. Nothing stupid like 999 key items or mega stones

Modified the Pokedex. Added the Chansey line as seen/owned to finish the alolan dex. I did NOT check the "complete dex" icon as I feared it registering illegal stuff as owned, such as male salazzle or shiny locked legendaries. Also having every gender, region, shiny, etc seemed blatant

Used game sync. No drastic or illegal changes in between syncs. I didn't magically gain 9999bp in two hours, my game timer didn't decrease, my ID, gender and skin color did not change, etc

TLDR; what I believe caused it for most people are one of the following

1) owning illegal things in the dex. Shiny locked legendaries, illegal gender, etc. Manually adding an entry seems fine as long as it's added correctly

2) drastic or illegal changes in between game syncs. Magically changed gender, name and ID while gaining 2000 fc and 999 mega stones in between saves only an hour apart? Do you have duplicates of a key item you only get once and is not tradeable? All red flags

3) to a lesser extent, poorly genned mons being used online. There are hack detectors, but they aren't perfect. A newbie might make a mistake such as add egg moves but not relearn moves, copy/paste a smogon set to a pre-bank mon with post bank moves or transfer only moves, etc.

Of course, until less conflicting answers are posted, one should avoid all online activity if you have hacked

Last edited by luke_t800,
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
Heres Shiny Mew from Emerald. Its the Only Not-Event Mew in existence . I works Online.

BTW..........yeah Banded Mew lol

I haven't done Battle Spot in a long time, was it always restricted to not having more than one of the same item? I slapped together a team alongside that Mew to try out and got blocked because of that. I had just finished the Alola Friendly competition, tired of being restricted by that same item rule.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item Clause has existed as the standard since Gen II, I believe. It's definitely been a part of Battle Spot since the start of Gen VI, at any rate.

I know in official competitions and battle facilities the item clause existed, I totally forgot about Battle Spot having that. I do want to use that Mew, never seen a physical set for it.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have another noob question :rofl:
Until Thursday I had set the COLLECTED FC to 99999 without getting banned. I had of course done a Game Sync (before the banwave). On Friday I have accidentally modified them to 590 and Game Synced. After realizing the awful thing I had done, I immediately set them to 99999 again. Do you believe that the ban is based on the LAST Game Sync a player did before Tuesday or EVERY single Game Sync is "scanned"? Do you believe this has triggered a ban, although at the end of the day everything was actually left unchanged?

Last edited by UltraBlast93,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
we need a summery list for all people got banned and what they done to prevent that from happening again,like:
  • what did you edit in the game,list all of them.
  • have you done online battle? and if yes did you used your modified pokemon or legit one?
  • when the last time you made game sync?
  • have you breed unobtainable Pokemon (HA alola starters?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: +1