Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restored the most recent save on her card with Power Saves. This took the illegal crystals away as well as the Mew crystal. I then did a Game Sync, and she was able to log into Battle Spot and GTS. So her file should be okay now?

I hope so, the one thing certain about this banwave is that nothing is certain in terms of what exactly causes it. Only thing to do is clean up things that Game Syncing would pick up and wait for the next banning session, because they announced this will be done in "regular intervals."

Reactions: UltraBlast93

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so, the one thing certain about this banwave is that nothing is certain in terms of what exactly causes it. Only thing to do is clean up things that Game Syncing would pick up and wait for the next banning session, because they announced this will be done in "regular intervals."
Her file should be clean now. Thanks for the help.

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@leftwingzero
Hey, long time! Anyway, there's a method to get unbanned (a few pages back) if you do get banned. I definitely recommend making a backup save file with your PS.
Hi! Yes it has been a long time. I should be okay. I do use Power Saves for items (mostly rare candies and wings), iv's, ev's, natures, abilities, and moves; but it's nothing that can't be obtained in game.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

BENDIEZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to add to this discussion. People getting banned only for modifying items and BP is absolute bullshit. This witch hunt fest The Pokemon Company is doing is ridiculous. I understand banning people who have illegal Pokemon AKA overflowed IVs or illegal movesets. Hacking will never stop. Period. This is only going to piss people off and fuck over innocent players that don't cheat, but received a hacked Pokemon via wonder trade etc.

I breed my Pokemon legitimately, though I do Powersave in items and BP for convenience's sake. Leveling up Pokemon via EXP sucks ass. I don't accomplish jack all doing this tedious crap. Also, receiving only one apricorn ball per file is incredibly stupid. I don't care if people flag me because I'm technically cheating and deserve the same ban treatment as people who hack or modify Pokemon in. Even with Hyper Training, Pokemon is still a tedium fest post game. I'll continue to hack items until GF stop being stingy whores and decide to make rare items accessible without cheats.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a way ORAS gave a lot to the point of not needing to cheat so much. Blissey secret bases, horde battles for EV training, lots of move tutors and being able to stack up if you manage high streaks in Maison. I think the only lacking thing was berries, it's easy to grow a crap ton of them in Sun/Moon, other than that, by several miles ORAS necessitated less shortcuts. These new games, very quick EV training and berry growing, everything else though is a drag, is it any wonder they opened up season 2 of their Ratings Battle Special to XY/ORAS transfers? I don't get the tradition where new gen games don't get tutor moves while the follow ups get them. Hyper training could've been something that changed everything, but instead it's superficial, requires level 100 which is brutal if doing it all legit in the new games, and bottle caps generally are scarce. Why not be like the vitamins and just make them super expensive, it's easier farming for money anyways. The apricorn balls, don't care about them so much, though it is ridiculous you get one of each and truth be told, I used them for the legendaries, and only 1 instance it worked.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bottle caps generally are scarce.

I used to get tons of poké beans from the one isle on pelago+talk to coffee guy in the center after refreshing status effects, then use those beans to ramp up mining excursions to get shards, then trade those shards (30) to the old man in the festival plaza castle.

To easily level to 100, I put a Lucky Egg on a lvl 1, used rare café, battled E4, swapped out every single time, and finally used the level up isle when I was hatching+island scanning.
I guess it is a lot of work.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If i never played any online battle,will they ban me?
What matters is if you've performed a Game Sync.

This is like saying "Want to know how to never have a car accident? Don't get inside cars lol"
Well what if I wanna use a car? What if I like Battle Spot?
PGL is only a requirement for Ratings Battles. You can go on Battle Spot (and do Free Battles) just fine without having a PGL account.

And what about who already has signed up?
Don't perform a Game Sync.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did game sync several times,what's the info they are looking for?
I edited the money and beans, have HA starters(i think they can find it?)
But never played online.
Whether or not you've played online (though Game Sync does count as 'playing online') doesn't matter.

If that's all you've edited, you should be fine. Read through the thread to see what other people have been banned for.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even though I have used several cheats, I have just synced and didn't get banned. Assuming that I do not use any more cheats, do you think I can be sure I can't get banned anymore?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even though I have used several cheats, I have just synced and didn't get banned. Assuming that I do not use any more cheats, do you think I can be sure I can't get banned anymore?
You do not get banned immediately after Syncing. Read through the thread; bans take place during PGL maintenance (every Tuesday), though it's not known if every round of maintenance results in more bans, just that the bannings take place in regular intervals.

Reactions: RustInPeace

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You do not get banned immediately after Syncing. Read through the thread; bans take place during PGL maintenance (every Tuesday), though it's not known if every round of maintenance results in more bans, just that the bannings take place in regular intervals.
Oh wow that's awful ahah
Do you believe that changing Festival Coins can trigger the ban? And what about changing the number of eggs hatched?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh wow that's awful ahah
Do you believe that changing Festival Coins can trigger the ban? And what about changing the number of eggs hatched?
I don't know, sorry. Read through the theead and see what other people have been banned for. I think someone mentioned being banned who had also modified their FC, but correlation =/= causation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee