Hacking pokemon emerald will not boot on VBA WiiI recently downloaded the vV

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently downloaded the VBA port for wii hoping I would be able to lay pokemon, I can run pokemon crystal just fine but when it comes to emerald, no-go, the rom loads but it just sits at a white screen forever... please help...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i read somewhere that you had to make a save from another emu first then use that

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
This game wouldn't run in VBA on the computer at first too. Either patch it with GBATA like Majin Vegeta suggested or use a save from the computer. I don't know if the emulator on the wii will allow you change the save type but try and change it to 128kb EEPROM if you can.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I went to patch the real time clock and it said it was Unneeded I've also SRAM patched it, ad I've trimmed it, still white screen...

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out how to play the pokemon games on vbawii...

Load up the game on the computer, adjust the vba settings like realtimeclock and 128 eeprom saves(I think that's correct), then the game should work perfectly on the computer...If the clock still doesn't work just patch it if available. After everything is done start a new game, set everything up to how you want it in the game, then save ASAP. Now you should have a .SAV file. Copy over the SAV file to the saves folder on your SD card...Voila! it works!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it... I seem to be the only person who's been able to get Pokemon games to work without patching, aside from FireRed's save type and booting ShinyGold at all. But I never touched Emerald and it worked fine, RTC and all... and I don't even think VBA Wii has RTC support, which kinda creeps me out...

Are you guys using the latest revision(30052008)? When I first downloaded it for HBC use both packs I tried used an older version.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it to work, it seems that I may have been using a corrupt rom or something. i have yet to verify...

how'd you get RTC to work it still give me the message about the real time clock at startup...

EDIT: I deleted the save file off my save folder in VBA Wii to confirm if it would generate the save no its own, and everything works fine, I don't even get the RTC message at startup... cool...
biggrin.gif

Edit:it seems VBA Wii cannot keep track of the save file, I saved but it says new game when I restart. How can i get it to save properly?

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do have the correct BIOS also right?

Posts merged

zeldarocks said:
I got it to work, it seems that I may have been using a corrupt rom or something. i have yet to verify...

how'd you get RTC to work it still give me the message about the real time clock at startup...

EDIT: I deleted the save file off my save folder in VBA Wii to confirm if it would generate the save no its own, and everything works fine, I don't even get the RTC message at startup... cool...
biggrin.gif

Edit:it seems VBA Wii cannot keep track of the save file, I saved but it says new game when I restart. How can i get it to save properly?
Save normally then press the home button and press the + button. That should work.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeldarocks said:
I tried that and still no-go, the save file vanishes after I restart, regardless of how I restart...
Did you save like you would normally first, and then did home and the + button? Also, do you have the save folder in root/vba/saves?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it to work, I just didn't understand what you meant at first, NVM, great emulator, thanks for helping Harrybuttox
smile.gif
I'm playing Super Metroid Redesign as we speak...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...