MasterSurfer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For People w/ R4 III Upgrade Chip.

Please download Pongs and Retros Update 6.31 and replace the r4patch.dat file in the ttmenu folder to play Pokemon Black or White on an R4 III Upgrade chip /w YSmenu.

Here is the download:
http://filetrip.net/f13249-R4patch-dat-%28...k-White%29.html

Rename the downloaded file to r4patch.dat and copy it into the ttmenu folder on your sd-card.

Please post feedback if it works (or not).

greetings MasterSurfer

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
if i dont do mistake,
you can use directly the DSTT kernel with your R4III, you just need to change "TTMENU.DAT" with "r4.dat" or something like that!

For the compatibility of the game you want, i dont know if it is already fixed!

MasterSurfer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No!

On a R4 III Chip you cannot simple replace the ttmenu.dat file. You must use the full release from pong and retro and replace the r4patch.dat file in order to play pokemon black and white.

The R4 III chip dont use the ttpatch.dat file in the ttmenu-folder nor the ttmenu.dat file in the root directory.

The R4 III chip cannot start the ttmenu.nds file (ttmenu.dat).

Thats the problem. But w/ the posted r4patch.dat file the new kernel of the dstt is fully used by the R4III chip (in conjunction w/ the files from pong and retro).

chenke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It works for old R4 card with YSmenu to play Pokemon B/W

BUT it doesnot work when playing Eigokoro.nds and New Fire Emblem.nds

it reports rom load error -5

MasterSurfer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This r4patch.dat is from the latest ttmenu.dat file (w/ ysmenu-auto program).

To play some older games it seems to be necessary to change the file. This is not good, but for now the only possibility to play pokemon black and white w/ the r4III upgrade.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
MasterSurfer said:
No!

On a R4 III Chip you cannot simple replace the ttmenu.dat file. You must use the full release from pong and retro and replace the r4patch.dat file in order to play pokemon black and white.

The R4 III chip dont use the ttpatch.dat file in the ttmenu-folder nor the ttmenu.dat file in the root directory.

The R4 III chip cannot start the ttmenu.nds file (ttmenu.dat).

Thats the problem. But w/ the posted r4patch.dat file the new kernel of the dstt is fully used by the R4III chip (in conjunction w/ the files from pong and retro).

What are you talking about?!

Many R4 are simply a DSTT base
Maybe not the R4 III, you need to test

The R4 compatibles with DSTT kernel:

R4V
R4New
R4Top
R4i SDHC (not all, but it is difficult to know before testing)

If people dont buy R4/R4i, the flashcard world will become much better

MasterSurfer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know.

The R4 III Upgrade isn't getting better - but w/ the patched R4patch.dat you get a working solution to play newer games w/o the rom -5 load error.

The R4 III chip benefits only from the updates the DSTT chip gets but only w/ ysmenu - which loads the r4patch.dat and not the ttpatch.dat file.

drgame93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 III and I'm just wondering where to get Pongs and Retros update? I searched google to no avail. If anyone could help that would be great.

Edit: I have started Pokemon Black and white clean roms previously, but upon getting done with the intro where you say you are a boy or girl the game does a white screen freeze. Do these help remedy the situation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1