ROM Hack Pokemon Black and White Wi-fi not letting me through.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
One of the issues that people do, is using 10 letters names in their JAP pokemon.
Is ilegal, because in the JAP game is impossible to do that, the only way is trade to the USA/PAL version (that we have to wait until next year) and evolve japanese pokemon without nickname (1 stage pokemon cannot change their names and you can't change the name in name rater because their ID and OT isn't matches with the USA/PAL ones).
For now, is better using japanese names or the 5 letters names and use the translation with katakana names.

PD: Gen IV Pokemon with 10 letters (USA/PAL, etc..) aren't illegal because their names are able to use this format.

XoxconnorxoX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hamtah said:
Hello, I am playing Pokemon Black and I am having some trouble connecting to 'Random Battles'. I am already registered at Global Link and I am already to go.

Now when I go to the right lady on the top floor of the Pokemon Center, I talk to her, and she gives me options, I choose the first option each time because I know what I have to choose. Then I save the game, and then she tells me to go into the pod. After all that, I come up with the blue Nintendo Wi-fi screen, I connect to the Wi-fi, and then once I am connected, I carry on to where it shows my Profile Card on the bottom of the screen. Then when I press A on my DSi, it checks if my Pokemon have been edited in some way (Pokesav, Action Replay, Cheat Codes etc.), and then I get kicked out.
hate2.gif

Now first when I tried this out, I knew it was because of my Pokemon because I had edited them with Pokesav, so I tried it with the normal Pokemon I caught and it once again kicked me out of the game.
mellow.gif

I am using the English patch, and I know it might be because my Pokemon have English names.

What my question is that I want to know if someone has a patch that can fix this, and not wreck my game in any way, and if there isn't, then explain what I need to do for me to go through and start battling with normal Pokemon.
ohnoes.png

While I wait, I will get back to finishing up my game.
gba.gif

EDIT: So I have tried everything people have said but nothing seems to be working. So I tried going into Wi-fi with normally caught Pokemon, I change their names from the 'Pokemon Name Rater'. So I went and I got kicked out once again. I tried it with action replay off, but I keep getting kicked out. I will be waiting for a patch that fixes this.
Are you patched with the Project Pokemon V2 patch?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been testing this pretty extensively and here's what works and what doesn't:

i've been testing random wifi to see what works and what doesn't. the english patch works fine, the pokes just need to be named in japanese. they can also be named in english, but you need to actually fill in the character values (i.e. \FF34 =T) yourself. The name can go over 5 in english, you just need to do it that way.
[14:12] hmm
[14:13] a method 7-generated koromori is battling on random wifi right now
[14:13] the chedks aren't that good
[14:13] *checks
[14:14] now a restricted event PID
[14:32] mystery gift(restricted) koromori work on random wifi
[14:32] ok, now ivs independent of PID
[14:40] a caught poke with no correspondance between IVs and PID
[14:40] works too
[15:06] interesting
[15:06] if a poke is caught and straight away has its ivs edited, it doesn't pass the check
[15:07] if it's caught and changed to method 1(with correlated ivs)
[15:07] it works
[15:07] if the poke that has been changed to method 1 has its iv changed
[15:07] it works
[16:11] non-matching ability and PID still works on random wifi
[16:11] change from 0 ->1 works, trying random other ability
[16:14] random abilities don’t work

still working on it.

what i was talking about with the name is that, for example, TEST in pokesav/pokegen is \7400\6500\7300\7400, while in the game it should be \FF34\FF25\FF33\FF34- the difference causes it to fail.

e: how to properly name pokemon:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...s-nickname-flag
you can actually bypass the 5 character limit and the pokes will still work on random wifi
[17:55] they just need to use those japanese-english chars

[18:56] oh wow
[18:56] selfdestruct munchlax works on random wifi
[18:58] pokewalker moves work
[18:59] wasn't expecting that
[19:04] 4th gen egg moves work too.

i've tested and retested all this stuff, and it has all been consistent so far.

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:

Thanks for the extensive testing, what about 4th Gen pokes with TM moves ? doe they pass the check ?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guardna said:
Bond697 said:

Thanks for the extensive testing, what about 4th Gen pokes with TM moves ? doe they pass the check ?

Yes 4th gen pokes work w/ 4th gen tms no problem.
smile.gif

still tEsting stuff. Will add more as I find it.

Aizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
guardna said:
Well I'll be damned, my Hippowdon never passes the check on Random Battle unless I remove Stealth Rock from his moveset.

Did you breed that Hippowdon on pokémon black/white? If you did that, you won't be able to join wi-fi with Stealth rock, because he can't learn stealth rock on gen 5...you've got to edit the data on a transfered pokémon to make it work, I think.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guardna said:
Well I'll be damned, my Hippowdon never passes the check on Random Battle unless I remove Stealth Rock from his moveset.

you're actually not the first person to say something like that. the thing is, the other 2 or 3 people that did, i had their pokes work immediately when i tried them without removing any moves.

RyouChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guardna said:

Just a few Q's because I'm curious..

-Is Hippowdon marked as from 4th gen?

-Did you pokeshift it or manually add the .pkm with pokesav, and if you manually added it, did you change the hex to go along with it?

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Hippowdon from the GTS, now that I've checked, he looks like a 5th Gen egg on the description, so does that alone invalidates all of his 4th Gen moves ?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyouChan said:
guardna said:

Just a few Q's because I'm curious..

-Is Hippowdon marked as from 4th gen?

-Did you pokeshift it or manually add the .pkm with pokesav, and if you manually added it, did you change the hex to go along with it?

you can't do it by just opening the pkm via pokegen or pokesav and loading into the save. you need to use kazo's program to auto-pokeshift it or manually change some of the bytes.

QUOTE(guardna @ Oct 9 2010, 10:34 PM)
I got the Hippowdon from the GTS, now that I've checked, he looks like a 5th Gen egg on the description, so does that alone invalidates all of his 4th Gen moves ?

post the pkm?

RyouChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
you can't do it by just opening the pkm via pokegen or pokesav and loading into the save. you need to use kazo's program to auto-pokeshift it or manually change some of the bytes.

Yes, but you knew what I meant, I was just asking whether he'd inserted it into the save file or actually pokeshifted it, though apparently he got it from the GTS.

@guardna - It might be the case, if it is a 5th gen egg, since Stealth Rock is no longer a TM and isn't an egg move it might be counting that as invalid. I'm not sure though, post the .pkm if you can so others can try it and see.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guardna said:

right off the bat the trash bytes are screwed up. it was really obviously made in pokesav. it was also nicknamed hippowdon at some point, not its japanese name. i see a few more things to try and fix, too...

e: wait, it's origin is soul silver, not 5th gen. let me fix some stuff..

what the hell? origin: soul silver, hatched in: black/white doesn't even make sense. someone did a horrible job... gonna fill this in with info i have from a shifted tyrogue i have.

e2: encounter: tall grass/darkrai. the idiot who made this needs to decide whether it was hatched or caught.

e3: fixed with stealth rock.
smile.gif
i'll post it up in a sec.

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/hippow.pkm

Irenicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL this wifi legality check sux hard. I just used a Latios with 32/8 PP Draco Meteor. Well done game freaks, keep the good work -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!