ROM Hack Pokemon B/W no$gba-Fix

Flaming_printer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, the longer code works perfectly, where as the shorter codes froze during the rival battles. I will still be using DesMuMe until the saving issue is worked out. I hope it happens soon, because DesMuMe won't work on my Macbook Pro. So I have to use my family computer until the save thing is worked out. Thank you to everyone trying to solve this problem.

D

Deleted User

Will it ever be possible to save this game on No$?

Maybe a patch for the ROM that changes it's save type to something usable...?

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
warmijwilfaain said:

Probably not, but hope's the last thing you lose. I seriously doubt it and I don't have hopes 'cause I don't care (I can play using desmume at almost 100% speed), but a lot of people would probably be glad if there was some chance to make it work.

D

Deleted User

dansparrow said:
warmijwilfaain said:

Probably not, but hope's the last thing you lose. I seriously doubt it and I don't have hopes 'cause I don't care (I can play using desmume at almost 100% speed), but a lot of people would probably be glad if there was some chance to make it work.
I have a flashcart so everything's fine with me, but I'd like to play White on PC and Black on flashcart. Don't ask why, weird habit when it comes to Pokemon, one emulated and one on the actual console >_>

I can run it in Desmume, but No$GBA works slightly better.

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Flaming_printer said:
My game can't even use No$GBA Snapshots. It tells me the Rom image has crashed if I try to load it.
Yeah, because as we all know, no$gba CAN'T use any kind of save states with DS games, only for GBA games.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Thanks!
yaynds.gif

Zoroark1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no way on saving? I guess we can leave the emulator open but it can be very risky if your computer turns off deleting all progress you have made.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Zoroark1989 said:
So there is no way on saving? I guess we can leave the emulator open but it can be very risky if your computer turns off deleting all progress you have made.

Meh I wouldn't do that lolz. Thats definately not advised =O

Also I tried the Arm 7 patch method..Didn't work
frown.gif
, Rom loaded up with a white screen.

tommyrocket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who lag on desmume, there's an emulation option that you should disable that increases game speed by 50% or more for sure, got that sound lag and stuff out of mine.

So just go to emulation settings and uncheck the "Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing.

Super speed-up from that, and if that doesn't help a lot your computer is just slow...

By the way, I've tried No$GBA 2.6A and the sound is crackly and it doesn't look quite as good as on desmume. So in my opinion, desmume is better to use at this point.

Zoroark1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tommyrocket said:
For people who lag on desmume, there's an emulation option that you should disable that increases game speed by 50% or more for sure, got that sound lag and stuff out of mine.

So just go to emulation settings and uncheck the "Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing.

Super speed-up from that, and if that doesn't help a lot your computer is just slow...

By the way, I've tried No$GBA 2.6A and the sound is crackly and it doesn't look quite as good as on desmume. So in my opinion, desmume is better to use at this point.

that's why you use No$zoomer
smile.gif
Desmume sucks.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Zoroark1989 said:
tommyrocket said:

that's why you use No$zoomer
smile.gif
Desmume sucks.

Lolz Hi^5 for that!
yaynds.gif
. Theres an option on NO$Zoomer for noise reduction and has the option to change graphics settings soz HA!
biggrin.gif
Lolz plus Desmume fails...Look how long NO$GBA stopped updating and up to now Desmume can't reach up to their speed. Imagine if NO$GBA continued....it would be so powerfulz =O

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Desmume is slow on my computer but with the tweaks I manage to get a bit of a decent speed.

Still I like NO$GBA more, I use NO$Zoomer and that sure tweaks NO$GBA a lot.

I played Pokemon Black with NO$Zoomer using the code to bypass the initial error screen and the speed is really good on my computer for it, full 100% on NO$Zoomer.

I don't know what kind of code has desmume that asks for a very fast computer. I mean I have a 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 HT processor, 2 GB RAM, a 512 MB Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card, and a 500 GB SATA Disk and a backup 320 GB IDE Hard Disk and yet is not enough o.o

I heard that Desmume works better with 2 cores processors but when you live in Mexico where the economy sucks big time, unless you're rich you have to go for something more affordable for your budget.

I didn't bought my computer like it is now, it didn't had the 500 GB disk, nor the video card. Just the 2 GB and the Processor and the IDE disk. I have been upgrading it a slowly.

And yet Windows 7 runs in it flawlessly and it isn't slow at all.

I know the Nintendo DS has a hardware that on the video side it needs a lot of work to be emulated but if NO$GBA has managed to get good speed even on one core computers even if you use the opengl mode, then I'm sure something can be done with Desmume as well.

I just hope a save fix gets released for NO$GBA. The game looks fine enough for me with it.
yaynds.gif

Mastermind_X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Calm down, everyone. I'm relatively sure that saving can be enabled for the no$gba, 'cause the black screen occurs after the title due to a problem with the I/Os. The game waits for the flash-memory to get ready, but this never happens. A little patch to remove the infinite loop helped for that one, as you know. It's likely that's something similar for the saving-issue - just be patient, I'm working 24/7 anyway.

Lord Patamon said:
I know the Nintendo DS has a hardware that on the video side it needs a lot of work to be emulated but if NO$GBA has managed to get good speed even on one core computers even if you use the opengl mode, then I'm sure something can be done with Desmume as well.

You know, that no$gba is coded in assembly-language? That's why it's the fastest DS-emulator and why Martin is a genius.

kanefan666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
A 2.5 core 2 duo/core i3 can run Desmume without any hassles... Im playing on Desmume in highest m aximised fullscreen quality along with best sound.. Frameskip is set at 2 and i get full speed all the time.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ok dessemumenemume is great. sooo.... can you stop posting: "why dont you use Desmume?"
nobody interesting in this topic want to use that emulator...... get it??

this is not a No$GBA VS Desmume topic... so please go to chat somewhere else about that
leave the off-topic and let us find a solution for no$gba

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
NahuelDS said:
ok ok dessemumenemume is great. sooo.... can you stop posting: "why dont you use Desmume?"
nobody interesting in this topic want to use that emulator...... get it??

this is not a No$GBA VS Desmume topic... so please go to chat somewhere else about that
leave the off-topic and let us find a solution for no$gba
Errr yes it is. The whole idea about this topic is to be able to make no$gba work so people can use it instead desmume, so in fact, it is a no$gba vs desmume topic. It wouldn't exist if desmume was better but we all know it is not.

What's true is that there's no reason to keep saying the same things over and over. Yeah, we know, no$gba works a lot faster in most of the computers that desmume doesn't, yeah, we know, martin did a great job, and yeah, we know, people wants no$gba to be able to save with this games, but keep saying all that things won't make a fix (if possible) to appear faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!