Blackpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Takanato said:
Mastermind_X said:
Technically spoken, the second disabler isn't anything new. The old one for HG/SS NOPed out an infinite loop too... However thanks for the additions...
I'm currently dealing with the AP-module, trying to kill it with some effective patches. Is there any updated list with the problems occuring on the different flash card models?

Nope...Every other flashcart is saving just fine...I think the problem lies with NO$GBA's save options. It looks like Pokemon B/W uses a different type of save.

Isn't it possible to make temporary saves,you know these savestate thingys?

Yay someone with the same case as me
biggrin.gif
No$Zoomer ftw
Well,naturally!
smile.gif

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And this, my friends, is why we can't save.
fuckdamnshitcunts.png

No$GBA simply has no Flash 2M save option.

So yeah. Unless we find a way to contact the dead and summon the creator of this emulator, we won't be able to play B/W on it too soon.

julian6732

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Zurren said:
fuckdamnshitcunts.png

So yeah. Unless we find a way to contact the dead and summon the creator of this emulator, we won't be able to play B/W on it too soon.

And what about desmume? There isn't flash 2m option in it and it saves normally

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
chip211 said:
maybe somebody will figure a fix at least to make savestates...
because no$gba wont get a update.....
You do know savestates are useless in pokemon games, right? If you finish the pokemon league and beat the champion but you can't save normally, then that's the end for you, because after the credits you won't have any game to continue. Besides, if no one has figured out how to make them work yet (after almost 3 years abandoned), then it won't happen.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zurren said:
[pic]

2M what? Bit or byte?

From advanscene, it says the save type for both version is Flash 4 Mbits, which is equivalent to Flash 512 MBytes (that is if you know how to convert bit and byte correctly). no$gba does have Flash 512 MBytes as an option.

Blackpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xdarkx said:
Zurren said:
[pic]

2M what? Bit or byte?

From advanscene, it says the save type for both version is Flash 4 Mbits, which is equivalent to Flash 512 MBytes (that is if you know how to convert bit and byte correctly). no$gba does have Flash 512 MBytes as an option.
Where exactly does it have 512 Mbytes? I only see Kbytes on no$gba

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Blackpen said:
xdarkx said:
Zurren said:
[pic]

2M what? Bit or byte?

If you keep comparing different worlds you won't get anywhere. There's no real way to convert from other save types to no$gba save types, but there are equivalencies. For example, normal games that work using a Flash 4mbit option work on no$gba using Flash 512Kbytes, games using flash 2mbit work using no$gba's flash 256KBytes, roms using EEPROM 512kb work using no$gba's EPPROM 64KBytes, that's the how it works. If you want some kind of real comparison, it would be something like this:

Other - No$gba
EEPROM 4kbit - EEPROM 0.5KBytes
EEPROM 64kbit - EEPROM 8KBytes
EEPROM 512kbit - EEPROM 64KBytes
Flash 2mbit - Flash 256KBytes
Flash 4mbit - Flash 512KBytes

That's the only real way you can compare it. If you don't believe me, check it by yourself by using a game with every save type listed as I did some time ago. But it doesn't really cares for this, no$gba won't save even if you use a compatible save type, the problem is obviosuly somewhere else.

julian6732

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe it's not the problem. I put desmume in flash 515K save type and it save and load normally. So, unless desmume autocorrect the save type, it works with 512m.

BTW I'm Colombian and don't speak full english, so... sorry if I have bad grammar.

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What edits (nop-ing or otherwise) should I make to the instructions under No$GBA debugger to accomplish

QUOTE said:
52006f2c fde8f1d8
02006f2c 00000000
d2000000 00000000
52180ba8 42018811
52180bac 4770d1fc
12180bac 000046c0
d2000000 00000000

this? I tried looking up an instruction at 52006f2c but it was all blank, so there's definitely something I'm missing here.

Also, under non-debugger no$gba I get as far as pressing Start on the "Press Start" screen before the graphics glitch up and the game goes into an infinite loop.

Blackpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dansparrow said:
Blackpen said:
xdarkx said:
Zurren said:
[pic]

2M what? Bit or byte?

If you keep comparing different worlds you won't get anywhere. There's no real way to convert from other save types to no$gba save types, but there are equivalencies. For example, normal games that work using a Flash 4mbit option work on no$gba using Flash 512Kbytes, games using flash 2mbit work using no$gba's flash 256KBytes, roms using EEPROM 512kb work using no$gba's EPPROM 64KBytes, that's the how it works. If you want some kind of real comparison, it would be something like this:

Other - No$gba
EEPROM 4kbit - EEPROM 0.5KBytes
EEPROM 64kbit - EEPROM 8KBytes
EEPROM 512kbit - EEPROM 64KBytes
Flash 2mbit - Flash 256KBytes
Flash 4mbit - Flash 512KBytes

That's the only real way you can compare it. If you don't believe me, check it by yourself by using a game with every save type listed as I did some time ago. But it doesn't really cares for this, no$gba won't save even if you use a compatible save type, the problem is obviosuly somewhere else.
Oh ok,didn't know that,thank you for the explanation.

chip211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dansparrow said:
chip211 said:
maybe somebody will figure a fix at least to make savestates...
because no$gba wont get a update.....
You do know savestates are useless in pokemon games, right? If you finish the pokemon league and beat the champion but you can't save normally, then that's the end for you, because after the credits you won't have any game to continue. Besides, if no one has figured out how to make them work yet (after almost 3 years abandoned), then it won't happen.

yes i know how that works but at least to play the game to the e4
because is that(savestates) or buying a ds

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blackpen said:
xdarkx said:
Zurren said:
[pic]

2M what? Bit or byte?

It should be KBytes. Wasn't thinking correctly.

CaatzPG

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Takanato said:
CaatzPG said:
AMm what about the arm7 fix? maybe works on no$gba x.x
genius bruh that has worked in the past, maybe it will work now.
Thanks but its only an idea, maybe it works maybe no, im trying it but i cant find the arm7.bin file for test it x.x

Mastermind_X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DRWS said:
What edits (nop-ing or otherwise) should I make to the instructions under No$GBA debugger to accomplish

QUOTE said:
52006f2c fde8f1d8
02006f2c 00000000
d2000000 00000000
52180ba8 42018811
52180bac 4770d1fc
12180bac 000046c0
d2000000 00000000

this? I tried looking up an instruction at 52006f2c but it was all blank, so there's definitely something I'm missing here.

Also, under non-debugger no$gba I get as far as pressing Start on the "Press Start" screen before the graphics glitch up and the game goes into an infinite loop.

Goto 0x02006fc2, change it to 00000000, then goto 0x2180bac and change it to 0x46c0. (which is a NOP)

Posts merged________________

CaatzPG said:
Takanato said:
QUOTE(CaatzPG @ Sep 19 2010, 11:07 PM)
AMm what about the arm7 fix? maybe works on no$gba x.x
genius bruh that has worked in the past, maybe it will work now.
Thanks but its only an idea, maybe it works maybe no, im trying it but i cant find the arm7.bin file for test it x.x

Sorry for double-posting.
The ARM9 and the ARM7 of B/W are encrypted, that's why I was busy the last 24 hours. If you want to have a RAW-Version of the ARM7 binary, write me a PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte