ROM Hack Pokemon B/W no$gba-Fix

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
rokidz2009 said:
that is possible Martin to fix no$gba??? / or release new version??

if no we wait some who to make a patch ???
Last update: 23 January 2008 - version 2.6a

What do you think? I don't think after almost 3 years he will magically appear with a new version. This emulator is now abandoware.

Anyway, it's time to get some hobbies and do something else, because this waiting may take a long long time, since I really don't think it will be something easy (if it is even possible to make a fix, which I doubt)

TirDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang that sucks. why did the creator abandoned such a good emulator..
i hope someone can update it or something..

rokidz2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe no$gba can't play
evil.gif

but need wait long long time~

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
TirDevil said:
dang that sucks. why did the creator abandoned such a good emulator..
i hope someone can update it or something..
I don't really remember, but my guess? try to avoid legal problems

Sabeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, Martin's only source of income while working on No$GBA were the donations he received from the fans of it, and it was just enough to keep him afloat and continue working on No$GBA. So my predictions for what happened are that he simply got a job, for a more stable income. Unfortunately, this took away from his time to work on No$. I am curious though as to how the 3DS will be emulated, if at all. (Everyone will likely be forced into Flash carts then, but the majority seems to be using them anyway.)

Regardless, I look forward to being able to save on No$GBA, lol. Thank you, Mastermind for your time and services; I for one appreciate them. ^^

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martin is gone... so I give up on having a new release of no$gba.
If we cant fix this error messing with the rom or AR codes. We are doomed

dansparrow said:
so in fact, it is a no$gba vs desmume topic.
no... i dont see no$gba vs desmume in the tittle
QUOTE(dansparrow @ Sep 20 2010, 09:32 AM) What's true is that there's no reason to keep saying the same things over and over.
keep saying all that things won't make a fix (if possible) to appear faster.
yes you have right! so everyone please... shut the f#$% up! xD!

funny thing... martin is german and mastermind is german too!. So... we could say that this is a national issue

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
dansparrow said:
NahuelDS said:
ok ok dessemumenemume is great. sooo.... can you stop posting: "why dont you use Desmume?"
nobody interesting in this topic want to use that emulator...... get it??

this is not a No$GBA VS Desmume topic... so please go to chat somewhere else about that
leave the off-topic and let us find a solution for no$gba
Errr yes it is. The whole idea about this topic is to be able to make no$gba work so people can use it instead desmume, so in fact, it is a no$gba vs desmume topic. It wouldn't exist if desmume was better but we all know it is not.

What's true is that there's no reason to keep saying the same things over and over. Yeah, we know, no$gba works a lot faster in most of the computers that desmume doesn't, yeah, we know, martin did a great job, and yeah, we know, people wants no$gba to be able to save with this games, but keep saying all that things won't make a fix (if possible) to appear faster.

This is not a Desmume vs NO$GBA topic....Its a solution for NO$GBA so stop talking about desmume, most people here don't want to use it, thats why they're here.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Come to think, did the saving problem in Pokemon Mistery Dungeon Explorers of Sky on NO$GBA got solved? I remember that it only saved at first but then when you tried to save later it returned an error in the save file or something.

Mastermind_X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello to everyone, just a little report about the current state.
The blue screen of death encounters several times in the game and my disabler gets only rid of the first one. In addition to that there seems to be a connection between the blue screens and the "random" crashes. So I suppose that it is possible to track them all down to one "core-piracy-check-routine", which I should be able to kill with just a couple of patchcodes. Maybe we'll end up with an "on-the-fly"-fix for the save problem, meaning that you're only forced to keep no$ open until it's possible to save ingame using some special codes. Sorry to keep you waiting guys, but I got a job and a real life too...

Counterfeit

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to say, been playing black over two days (just pausing it) using latest code hack, ev fix'ed and rudolph patched and hadn't had any trouble up till just now, so I'm thankful. Cheers for the great work so far.

The error that came up though happened just as I battled the first trainer after you leave the town where you meet Plasma, "-e9" and then "Unexpected Error"

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Mastermind_X said:
Hello to everyone, just a little report about the current state.
The blue screen of death encounters several times in the game and my disabler gets only rid of the first one. In addition to that there seems to be a connection between the blue screens and the "random" crashes. So I suppose that it is possible to track them all down to one "core-piracy-check-routine", which I should be able to kill with just a couple of patchcodes. Maybe we'll end up with an "on-the-fly"-fix for the save problem, meaning that you're only forced to keep no$ open until it's possible to save ingame using some special codes. Sorry to keep you waiting guys, but I got a job and a real life too...

Nah, take your time man =D. I'm sure everyone appreciates what you're doing and if they don't and want to rush you, just ignore em.

Mastermind_X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to make sure - the Rudolph-Patch didn't make the blue screen go away, am I right? So the blue screen and rudolph's AP-patch seem to be two different things...

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Mastermind_X said:
Just to make sure - the Rudolph-Patch didn't make the blue screen go away, am I right? So the blue screen and rudolph's AP-patch seem to be two different things...

Yup they're different. I don't know what the Rudolph patch did...

Blackpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I know the Rudolph-Patch didn't do anything,at least I have not saw any changes.The other patch,the one from the official patch thread,was for the exp gain and I think for at least less freezing.

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samuel88 said:
Instead of making a save-fix-patch, why do not make to work the save states on NO$GBA? Just a thought.
Because it would be useless for a game that REQUIRES you to save in order to continue past the Elite Four? Plus, as far as I've heard, no one can emulate it through the DS. So please, don't ask for the impossible. Like Wi-Fi on an emulator. That's just weird. ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.