Pokémon SS: high speed processing code --> black screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Oma Els, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Oma Els
    OP

Newcomer Oma Els Member

Netherlands
    (I hope this is the right subforum.)

When I use this code (for SoulSilver US rom):
    ...the game will go to a black screen occasionally when I enter an other room and will be stuck. I guess it just asks for too much performance, and the DS can't handle the requests. Can any improvement be made for the code or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

2. jakeyjake

Member jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I stopped using this code. I remember that every time I tried to open my bag, it'd freeze. [​IMG]

3. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What does this Code exactly do?? and you might wanna look around on the net for codes like that this just might be a corrupt code or u have to many codes on

4. Oma Els
    OP

Newcomer Oma Els Member

Netherlands
    This code speeds up (battle) animations. I think it speeds up the animations 2x.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    AFAIK it removes the framerate limiter, so stuff that's not fully taxing to the DS (such as some battle animations, sprite animations, and menu stuff) runs a lot faster (though 3D overworld stuff sees no noticeable improvement).

I never had that problem with my HG copy with my AK2i, but mine was an unpatched ROM. Is yours?

Also, which card, and which firmware?

6. Oma Els
    OP

Newcomer Oma Els Member

Netherlands

Mine is patched, and I use a R4i SDHC (real one, I guess) with firmware 1.23b. Is that firmware able to play the game without a patched rom, and if so, do you think the code would work properly if I'd use an unpatched rom?
    Thanks a lot for your help! [​IMG]

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The unpatched ROM may appear to work, but it freezes after going in and out of doors a certain number of times (the more badges you have, the sooner it is), so you could test it like that...

However I suggest seeing if alternate firmware will work on your card.

8. Oma Els
    OP

Newcomer Oma Els Member

Netherlands
    I reset my R4i and put the newest firmware on it (this one has an AP-block for SS), as well as the unpatched rom combined with my old .sav. I used the code and it still crashed when entering a third battle. The music keeps playing but the screen goes of and I can't do anything except turning the device off.
    Too bad.