28Nmx28.gif

This is truly awesome!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry for ignorance, but could this fix a brick where I installed the wrong size of NAND and it was from a different system all together? Probably not, but hopes are up.

And since you were one of the devs of B9S, could I install someone else's NAND with B9S?

Thanks for all of your work
As mentioned, it should be able to unbrick any 3DS regardless. The tools to do that may not exist just yet, though. You'd need something like a ctrtransfer that's ntrboothax compatible, and you'd need the NAND encryption keys (but those should hopefully be dumpable with ntrboothax, not sure about that though)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now, that old news about a guy who sent his 3DS to repair and had it back with a weird DS card inserted is more believable. If I remember an employee from Nintendo gave him an sweet reward in exchange for that DS cart.

Maybe that was a sort of key to recover access to the nand Hahaha. Congrats Normatt, you always manage to amaze in such ways.

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wow, never see this coming since the banwave terror. The 3ds scene will be shining once again with this unbricking technique comes true.
I'm definitely get hyped for this.

:grog:

Reactions: ultimatepump

mrSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think this has the potential to unbrick a device that's not running/only possibly running CFW anymore? My 3ds bricked during a NAND restore to stock firmware and now wont boot anything so I'm not 100% sure where it's at. I'm thinking my restore may have been corrupt or some such but didn't fail on install

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit I'm super excited for this. Hopefully it'll support R4i Gold so I can fix my N3DS XL I bricked when downgrades were first possible.

This could also help in current bans. You could unbrick broken systems you pick up for cheap and get the friend seed

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a original R4 like from waaaaaaay back in the day, will that get support by any chance? considering it is a NTR cart it should be able to boot right?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Now, that old news about a guy who sent his 3DS to repair and had it back with a weird DS card inserted is more believable. If I remember an employee from Nintendo gave him an sweet reward in exchange for that DS cart.

Maybe that was a sort of key to recover access to the nand Hahaha. Congrats Normatt, you always manage to amaze in such ways.
Do you have a link for that story?

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is AMAZING!
Never crossed my mind that they could have some sort of emergency recovery mode using NTR(DS) cartridges, much less, involving having the lid closed/magnetized!
This is an impressive, as well as really important finding. Congratulations @SciresM , @Normmatt !
Will be looking forward to check this out when it's available.

Time to hunt down bricked (N)3DS system to buy cheap ;D
Exactly what i was thinking! :D

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could this unbrick having a N3DS lid closed while on 2.0? I've read that brick is one of the most "devastating" bricks out there, could it be possible?

MagicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can do more with this method than unbriking 3DSs... you can easily and safely mod ANY 2DS/3DS console regarding its firmware version. Nintendo can not stop this with a firmware update since the "hax" is in the bootrom code and it can not be updated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could this unbrick having a N3DS lid closed while on 2.0? I've read that brick is one of the most "devastating" bricks out there, could it be possible?

It can restore every software brick... if your NAND is completely broken (from a software point of view) you'll probably need to get a public (and unbanned, yet) seed to play online games but you should be able to restore everything since the code is executed at boot time from DSCart+SDCard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries