Please Help! Whenever I try to export my unity project It gives me an error. (I'm using the unity Wii U edition/mode/2017.1.2p3)

SuperGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed Unity for Wii U (I installed both the Unity Installer and Wii U support Installer) and downloaded the Wii U environment Via: Nintendo Dev Interface, I booted up unity and created a test project (Just to make sure that everything is working properly) and whenever I try to build the project it gives me these errors:
Unity 2017.1.2p3 (64bit) - Test Room 1.unity - Wii U Test - Wii U _DX11 on DX10 GPU_ 2_15_2022...png

I can kind of understand the player errors (because I don't have a proper player set up in the project) But I don't have the slightest clue as to how to fix the first error:
Environment Variable GHS_ROOT not found.
My first thought as to how to fix this error was to go into the Nintendo dev interface again and see if there was a way I could download the GHS_ROOT from there, no luck.
I then read through some forums and I saw one were someone had a similar issue and they went into environment variables via windows and edited the GHS_ROOT location.
but I have a problem with this method as for some reason GHS_ROOT doesn't show up at all in my environment manager:
Environment Variables 2_15_2022 4_06_46 PM.png

Did I forget to download something in Nintendo dev interface?
Nintendo Dev Interface 2_15_2022 4_09_01 PM.png

Or is there another way to fix this? I have a Nintendo developer Id and have access to the website but I could not find anything there. :( Also in the zip files for the unity installer it has a html document with a link to a website that the document claims to be for setting dev environments up, but the website seems to be down as whenever I click on the link it just shows text that says: "Sorry, not found"
Thanks for any help!

Last edited by SuperGuy,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I installed Unity for Wii U (I installed both the Unity Installer and Wii U support Installer) and downloaded the Wii U environment Via: Nintendo Dev Interface, I booted up unity and created a test project (Just to make sure that everything is working properly) and whenever I try to build the project it gives me these errors: View attachment 298305
I can kind of understand the player errors (because I don't have a proper player set up in the project) But I don't have the slightest clue as to how to fix the first error:
Environment Variable GHS_ROOT not found.
My first thought as to how to fix this error was to go into the Nintendo dev interface again and see if there was a way I could download the GHS_ROOT from there, no luck.
I then read through some forums and I saw one were someone had a similar issue and they went into environment variables via windows and edited the GHS_ROOT location.
but I have a problem with this method as for some reason GHS_ROOT doesn't show up at all in my environment manager:View attachment 298306
Did I forget to download something in Nintendo dev interface?
View attachment 298307
Or is there another way to fix this? I have a Nintendo developer Id and have access to the website but I could not find anything there. :( Also in the zip files for the unity installer it has a html document with a link to a website that the document claims to be for setting dev environments up, but the website seems to be down as whenever I click on the link it just shows text that says: "Sorry, not found"
Thanks for any help!
You need to be sure that GHS it's installed and where you installed.....after that you need to set the Enviroment variable .

SuperGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be sure that GHS it's installed and where you installed.....after that you need to set the Environment variable .
I installed it to the default location: OS C: where it created a new folder called "ghs" I went into that folder and there was another folder named "multi 5327" and a folder called "Licenses"(Which is where my Nintendo permanent license is) I opened folder called multi "5327" and I couldn't find GHS_ROOT anywhere, even when I searched for it, do you think the installer might've missed downloading GHS_ROOT?
1645055926508.png

Also, this might be a dumb question but when I open GHS Multi it brings up this menu:
1645056212789.png

Do I need to create a workspace or set something up here? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by SuperGuy,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would but I can't find the GHS_ROOT file anywhere :( thanks for replying though!
You no need to find any folder named GHS_ROOT.....

Please follow the following steps:

Step 1: Simultaneously press ” Windows+R” and type ” sysdm.cpl”. And press OK.

Step 2: Go to Advanced > Environment Variables.

Step 3: The environment variables panel shows up on the screen. You can observe two types of variables sections:
  1. User Variables: Use them when you wish to change the environment variables for the current or specific user.
  2. System Variables: Use them when you want the system-wide changes.
Step 4: Click on New under System Variables section to create the Environment Variables.

Step 5: New System Variables box opens/ pops-up. Type GHS_ROOT in the variable name.

Step 6: Now, Click on Browse Directory and select the place where GHS is installed, usually it's (as you wrote also):
  • C:/ghs/multi 5327
Step 7: This will populate the path in the variable value. Finally, Click OK.

Step 8: To be sure Restart your PC.

Once you restarted, open Unity and test, if you have some other problem let me know......

SuperGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You no need to find any folder named GHS_ROOT.....

Please follow the following steps:

Step 1: Simultaneously press ” Windows+R” and type ” sysdm.cpl”. And press OK.

Step 2: Go to Advanced > Environment Variables.

Step 3: The environment variables panel shows up on the screen. You can observe two types of variables sections:
  1. User Variables: Use them when you wish to change the environment variables for the current or specific user.
  2. System Variables: Use them when you want the system-wide changes.
Step 4: Click on New under System Variables section to create the Environment Variables.

Step 5: New System Variables box opens/ pops-up. Type GHS_ROOT in the variable name.

Step 6: Now, Click on Browse Directory and select the place where GHS is installed, usually it's (as you wrote also):
  • C:/ghs/multi 5327
Step 7: This will populate the path in the variable value. Finally, Click OK.

Step 8: To be sure Restart your PC.

Once you restarted, open Unity and test, if you have some other problem let me know......
I'm such a doofus, thank you so much! It worked! This was so annoying I had no idea how to fix it, thank you!

Reactions: CrisMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o