Please help me!tell me how to get to gateway menu in sysnand 10.3

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by miss_nakano, Sep 1, 2016.

1. miss_nakano
    OP

miss_nakano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    So, I was trying to install the newly released gateway fastboot and it was originally a 4.5 3ds..and I am already in the step where I need to downgrade to 2.1 from 10.3...but After reading that gateway fastboot is inferior than the community al9h..I decided to refrain from downgrading to 2.1 using the time machine and trying to restore my sysnand back to 4.5 and try to install al9h using plaitec guide from 4.5. but I cant seem to get into gateway menu using menuhax(I already set it up after using browserhax). I have inserted the red card, putting launcher.dat(4.1B) and putting the GW folder(gw.3dsx) into the 3ds folder all I got is black screen...

I want to install plailect's al9h..please guide me to the path of 4.5...or is there any other alternative?how to restore sysnand to 4.5 without gateway?

THANKS!

2. miss_nakano
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    Update:So, instead of trying to get to gateway menu and restore my 4.5 nand(which I think is rather risky...) I opt to finish installing GW's al9h..and am back to 4.5 but with al9h..

several questions:
    1)how to get rid of GW's al9h completely and switch to plailect's guide?
    2)do you think GW's al9h is really that bad or different from plailect's?or maybe I should just use it?

thanks again.

3. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    a9lh is not from plailect. he just wrote a noob guide. There are multiple a9lh forks and multiple Devs behind it.

1.) ATM only with a NAND backup where a9lh is not installed and following the guide from top to buttom (when you don't have otp). Else it's just running safea9lhinstaller from fw9.2 from hbl and install a9lh.

2.) not really flexible. E.g. If you break/sell the red gw card your 3ds will be useless.

Last edited by GothicIII, Sep 1, 2016
  4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You need to restore a sysnand backup from before you did gatewaits method. Then follow the current guide again. There is probably a way if you already have your otp, but itll be more reliable to start over.

5. miss_nakano
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe a dumb question..but how do I open Gateway Menu(where you can restore sysnand,ect)

After installing al9h..the first screen is always the dragon..and it ask "do you want to fast boot:SYSNAND?" press L+R+Select. No matter what I do it always go to Sysnand(but I can do the select ROM selection in the SYSNAND, weird)..so how to get the gateway menu open?honestly, the lack of information from GW is so bad...I cant restore my NAND backup if I cant get this open

thanks again for your input!

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Are you trying to install a9lh from plailcet guide? If your system is not on 9.2 you should find a way to get there. Then follow the guide to install it. After that, you won't need gateway.

7. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    They are using gateways payloads right now, and trying to convert I think.

8. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    just start your system without the red card, it should open the gateway menu, in the downgrade you can restore a nand backup, you have the otp.bin so you should be able to do the community fork with that, you dont need to downgrade again

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Does the guide have help for changing from gateway or something to a9lh?

10. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    they give the info but its not in one place, and the way to remove their payload will no be in their guide, FYI the difference between gateway implementation and the community fork is that the community fork is able to load payloads at start, gateway implementation will only boot the launcher, their menu per se is very useful to do things like restoring nand dumps, making nand dumps, game dumps, etc, but its better to have the community one because you are able to keep the gateway booting from one of those and be able to boot luma when needed so you have the best of both worlds, just boot your 3ds without the red card, it should boot to the launcher, then restore the nand dump, and then use safea9lh installer to get the community fork with the otp obtained from the gateway implementation and you should be good

11. Smash Br0

Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    I asked a related question once. Maybe the answer I got will help you?