Hacking Please help me!tell me how to get to gateway menu in sysnand 10.3

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, I was trying to install the newly released gateway fastboot and it was originally a 4.5 3ds..and I am already in the step where I need to downgrade to 2.1 from 10.3...but After reading that gateway fastboot is inferior than the community al9h..I decided to refrain from downgrading to 2.1 using the time machine and trying to restore my sysnand back to 4.5 and try to install al9h using plaitec guide from 4.5. but I cant seem to get into gateway menu using menuhax(I already set it up after using browserhax). I have inserted the red card, putting launcher.dat(4.1B) and putting the GW folder(gw.3dsx) into the 3ds folder all I got is black screen...

I want to install plailect's al9h..please guide me to the path of 4.5...or is there any other alternative?how to restore sysnand to 4.5 without gateway?

THANKS!

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update:So, instead of trying to get to gateway menu and restore my 4.5 nand(which I think is rather risky...) I opt to finish installing GW's al9h..and am back to 4.5 but with al9h..

several questions:
1)how to get rid of GW's al9h completely and switch to plailect's guide?
2)do you think GW's al9h is really that bad or different from plailect's?or maybe I should just use it?

thanks again.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a9lh is not from plailect. he just wrote a noob guide. There are multiple a9lh forks and multiple Devs behind it.

1.) ATM only with a NAND backup where a9lh is not installed and following the guide from top to buttom (when you don't have otp). Else it's just running safea9lhinstaller from fw9.2 from hbl and install a9lh.

2.) not really flexible. E.g. If you break/sell the red gw card your 3ds will be useless.

Last edited by GothicIII,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to restore a sysnand backup from before you did gatewaits method. Then follow the current guide again. There is probably a way if you already have your otp, but itll be more reliable to start over.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe a dumb question..but how do I open Gateway Menu(where you can restore sysnand,ect)

After installing al9h..the first screen is always the dragon..and it ask "do you want to fast boot:SYSNAND?" press L+R+Select. No matter what I do it always go to Sysnand(but I can do the select ROM selection in the SYSNAND, weird)..so how to get the gateway menu open?honestly, the lack of information from GW is so bad...I cant restore my NAND backup if I cant get this open

thanks again for your input!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a dumb question..but how do I open Gateway Menu(where you can restore sysnand,ect)

After installing al9h..the first screen is always the dragon..and it ask "do you want to fast boot:SYSNAND?" press L+R+Select. No matter what I do it always go to Sysnand(but I can do the select ROM selection in the SYSNAND, weird)..so how to get the gateway menu open?honestly, the lack of information from GW is so bad...I cant restore my NAND backup if I cant get this open

Are you trying to install a9lh from plailcet guide? If your system is not on 9.2 you should find a way to get there. Then follow the guide to install it. After that, you won't need gateway.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
just start your system without the red card, it should open the gateway menu, in the downgrade you can restore a nand backup, you have the otp.bin so you should be able to do the community fork with that, you dont need to downgrade again

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

After installing al9h..the first screen is always the dragon..and it ask "do you want to fast boot:SYSNAND?" press L+R+Select. No matter what I do it always go to Sysnand(but I can do the e select ROM selection in the SYSNAND, weird)..so how to get the gateway menu open?honestly, the lack of information from GW is so bad...I cant restore my NAND backup if I cant get this open

they give the info but its not in one place, and the way to remove their payload will no be in their guide, FYI the difference between gateway implementation and the community fork is that the community fork is able to load payloads at start, gateway implementation will only boot the launcher, their menu per se is very useful to do things like restoring nand dumps, making nand dumps, game dumps, etc, but its better to have the community one because you are able to keep the gateway booting from one of those and be able to boot luma when needed so you have the best of both worlds, just boot your 3ds without the red card, it should boot to the launcher, then restore the nand dump, and then use safea9lh installer to get the community fork with the otp obtained from the gateway implementation and you should be good

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked a related question once. Maybe the answer I got will help you?
What advantages does a "CFW+Gateway" setup have over a "CFW Only" setup?

- I know about the conveniences of .3ds files, no need to install / drag and drop / etc.
- What is CFW's answer to Gateway's Cheat Manager?
- CFW and Gateway can still be used on the same NAND, just not at the same time, right?
- Does Gateway require an emuNAND to be set up? I read that one is not required with ARM9 / Luma, but they can still work with one.

Thanks for any helpful replies.
NTR CFW Cheat Plugin is currently the only answer to Gateway's Cheat Manager. That's it. I personally think it sucks, but there are those who swear by it. I personally think it would have been better had NTR been open-source and had a community behind it's development, but whatever. It's now abandoned. So eh.

And that's correct, the way I have my setup, I dual boot between Gateway and Corbneik, most other people dual-boot between Gateway and Luma3DS, which I wrote a guide on how to get that setup properly on v2 A9LH
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/431691/

No, Gateway3DS on Standard A9LH does not require EmuNAND, but you should never ever update while in Gateway Mode on a SysNAND only setup. This is because Gateway hasn't implemented FIRM protection on their CFW and updating while in GW Mode will either cause you to lose A9LH and be on the latest system version or to brick.

However, yeah, you can always setup an EmuNAND if you want one, and is actually what Gateway prefers people to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night