PlayStation reveals PS5 faceplates and new DualSense colors

PlayStation is releasing some new DualSense variants, with Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple, and Nova Pink. In addition, following the cease and desist sent to Dbrand after they tried to release PS5 faceplates, they'll also be making their own. You'll be able to remove the PlayStation 5 faceplates and customize them with colors such as Midnight Black, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink, Galactic Purple, Cosmic Red, giving you five options to choose from. Both the controllers and faceplates will be available directly from PlayStation on Jaunary 21 or from other retailers in February. Console covers will retail for $54.99 and will have different versions for the Disc and Digital consoles.

In the US, UK, France, and Germany, a number of these new products will be available via early access for direct.playstation.com customers. The DualSense wireless controller in Galactic Purple will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 14 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 11. Additionally, the PS5 console covers in Midnight Black and Cosmic Red will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 21 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 18. Stay tuned to direct.playstation.com for more information.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always, happy to make anyone laugh.

However, if you'd bother to read the thread you would've seen my post where I said I bought mine earlier this year for cheap. Also, do you even own a PS5 or just here to troll?
I am not here to troll. I am here to laugh.. when I saw this thread of the frontpage, I was like "Another milking of customers by the "top" companies"... that should be interesting...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ms gretta will be angry at sony for not reducing its plastic usage.

But fuck sony acting like nintendont, using their legal team to shut down a small independent company that already thought of this idea, and forced them to stop selling customised faceplates........

So they can steal the idea and sell them individually, rather than give the customer what they want straight out of the box.....

A black console, which has always been the default option.

So the slogan "its for the players", like fuck it is, more like "its for our back pockets" you WILL pay extra to get the default colour consoles are normally sold as.
If Sony already designed the thing with mounting provisions then the third party cover makes hardly had the "idea", however as said idea is obvious to anybody that has ever designed anything then that hardly amounts to much. The takedowns, possibly aside from a trademark name issue with platestation, are incredibly dubious in my eyes, not least of all because the "idea" is so blindingly obvious that I can't see how protections are afforded but beaten to the punch/stolen ideas is not that.

Equally it is not like Sony does not have a long and very dubious history all of its own in these circles -- the led the attack on emulation in them vs Bleem*, they tried to block PSP imports if you want to look up the fate of electricbirdland, them also going after lik-sang (then one of the most popular modding device and import shops in the world), they were usually the ones going after mod chips/seeking rulings , them vs Geohot is an interesting story, them seeking identifiers of people that watched videos about hacks is another...

*choice video

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Sony already designed the thing with mounting provisions then the third party cover makes hardly had the "idea", however as said idea is obvious to anybody that has ever designed anything then that hardly amounts to much. The takedowns, possibly aside from a trademark name issue with platestation, are incredibly dubious in my eyes, not least of all because the "idea" is so blindingly obvious that I can't see how protections are afforded but beaten to the punch/stolen ideas is not that.

Equally it is not like Sony does not have a long and very dubious history all of its own in these circles -- the led the attack on emulation in them vs Bleem*, they tried to block PSP imports if you want to look up the fate of electricbirdland, them also going after lik-sang (then one of the most popular modding device and import shops in the world), they were usually the ones going after mod chips/seeking rulings , them vs Geohot is an interesting story, them seeking identifiers of people that watched videos about hacks is another...

*choice video

Spider read this and thought ehh wtf.

Anyways ego deserved what he got, you cant piss through your neighbours letter box, then knock and ask how far it went without them been pissed off.

Ego basically brought the attention he got upon himself.

And to this day still, I wish people would stop calling new exploits as a fecking jailbreak.

No such thing anymore, plus the term lures idiots into Google search xxx jailbreak and click any bs n00btube video and amazes me how the n00b ends up clicking and following the fake clickbait video claiming "jailbreak" and ends up posting here or other sites they have bricked their console ohhh and lets not mention the viruses you dont know about.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those controllers look clean af though, i'd love a piece of that
the 2 tone design actually works better when it's with more appealing colors rather than just white and black

SONIC122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are literally paying for the Dbrand plates with the playstation logo cutout that nobody cares about for 5 times the price. SONYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*