PlayStation reveals PS5 faceplates and new DualSense colors

PlayStation is releasing some new DualSense variants, with Starlight Blue, Galactic Purple, and Nova Pink. In addition, following the cease and desist sent to Dbrand after they tried to release PS5 faceplates, they'll also be making their own. You'll be able to remove the PlayStation 5 faceplates and customize them with colors such as Midnight Black, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink, Galactic Purple, Cosmic Red, giving you five options to choose from. Both the controllers and faceplates will be available directly from PlayStation on Jaunary 21 or from other retailers in February. Console covers will retail for $54.99 and will have different versions for the Disc and Digital consoles.

In the US, UK, France, and Germany, a number of these new products will be available via early access for direct.playstation.com customers. The DualSense wireless controller in Galactic Purple will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 14 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 11. Additionally, the PS5 console covers in Midnight Black and Cosmic Red will be available on direct.playstation.com starting January 21 (while supplies last), and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 18. Stay tuned to direct.playstation.com for more information.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

I'd never pay that much for a face plate.
Honestly I'd rather pay a little more from an official store, now if Sony would actually take the time to print custom images onto the faceplate it would be worth it in my eyes. Can I get a lawyer before they steal my idea?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd rather pay a little more from an official store, now if Sony would actually take the time to print custom images onto the faceplate it would be worth it in my eyes. Can I get a lawyer before they steal my idea?
You'd only be paying for the brand.

It's like Nintendo's SD Cards, they're Sandisk cards, but the Nintendo brand increases their price.

But hey, it's your money do as you wish.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's like Nintendo's SD Cards, they're Sandisk cards, but the Nintendo brand increases their price.

I get that but say it arrives scratched as hell or something I'd feel safer buying from the official source instead of a 3rd party that may turn out like crap

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

totaly diferent here, the noone official faceplates were not the same material, they were all just crappy plastic, while nintendo sd cards are just regular sandisk cards with diferent fell the 3rd party plates enver were the same plastic, this are the same plastic quality atleast, also being on retail means they will get promotions and such i will buy some black ones when i see them like 25% off or something.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totaly diferent here, the noone official faceplates were not the same material, they were all just crappy plastic, while nintendo sd cards are just regular sandisk cards with diferent fell the 3rd party plates enver were the same plastic, this are the same plastic quality atleast, also being on retail means they will get promotions and such i will buy some black ones when i see them like 25% off or something.
Crappy material? They're probably from the same factory, but you want to pay extra, go ahead.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not interested. I prefer to stick with an original PS5 version because of match to PS5 console art box. :) And I like black and white because it is very different since PS2, PS3, and PS4 was always black!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not interested. I prefer to stick with an original PS5 version because of match to PS5 console art box. :) And I like black and white because it is very different since PS2, PS3, and PS4 was always black!
The standard has always been black as the default color, but special editions included white, pink, red, blue, silver, etc.

PS2 Slim Pink looks gorgeous and adorable like a toy.

jTqPcIm.jpg

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically our (Sony) strategy is to make this huge ugly ass console. Make it white so it picks up every speck of dust then sell over priced "custom" faceplates to milk even more money from our loyal customers....Damn they been hanging out with nintendo too much.

I want one with a pirate flag on it so i can put it on my system after its hacked.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now it's obvious why they C&D'd dbrand.
Actually, it should've been obvious they were planning on releasing faceplates. Otherwise, why make them so easy to remove?
So basically our (Sony) strategy is to make this huge ugly ass console. Make it white so it picks up every speck of dust then sell over priced "custom" faceplates to milk even more money from our loyal customers....Damn they been hanging out with nintendo too much.

I want one with a pirate flag on it so i can put it on my system after its hacked.
I see it as a good thing. Thanks to faceplates you can change the color of your console afterwards, you don't have to buy a new console to get your favorite color when it gets released later on.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Sony when they steal Dbrand's idea, but then realize an exploit just got revealed:

View attachment 289537

Stole their idea, $ucks coz they sued Dbrand with a cease and desist. But also likely sony also had the same idea to release faceplate in future and did not want Dbrand to saturate the market.

Anyway 9.00 jailbreak has relegated sony's reveal to a sidebar, no one is interested in official faceplates when a Ps4 and potential Ps5 jailbreak is in the wilds.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The standard has always been black as the default color, but special editions included white, pink, red, blue, silver, etc.

PS2 Slim Pink looks gorgeous and adorable like a toy.

jTqPcIm.jpg

Wow. crazy color, lol! No, I am talking about first released like PS2 PHAT. Not slim. Always black. :)

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know why people here are only talking about Sony going after Dbrand when other third party companies did try to sell their version of faceplate before Dbrand, and they got C&D by Sony... smh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1