PlayStation livestream about PS5 system details scheduled for tomorrow

ps5.JPG

Following Xbox Series X's spec reveals, PlayStation is following suit and plans to unveil more about its next-gen consoles' system architecture. A livestream dedicated to the PS5’s system architecture is planned for tomorrow at 9am Pacific Time/4pm GMT. The console's lead system architect, Mark Cerny, will lead the unveiling and talk about "how it will shape the future of games".

It looks like the next console wars is underway! The livestream will be available via the PlayStation Blog. Will you be watching? What do you expect out of the PS5?

:arrow: SOURCE

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am curious if they add possibility of much better VR system, then I will jump again to this water. But probably coronashittnes will mess with prices both Xbox and PS5 :(

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, hope they will not go with both a base model and a pro model, at least not on launch.
Thers nothing wrong tht givs people options - what I don't agree with is like the switch lite coming after - company's should move forward not backward

Reactions: RyRyIV

Red_Soldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thers nothing wrong tht givs people options - what I don't agree with is like the switch lite coming after - company's should move forward not backward

Never said that it would be wrong, it's just my personal preference to have a single system that will get eventually upgraded later in it's lifetime, much like PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I am partially with you on the Switch Lite. While I agree it was a step backwards, it still is a great handheld and the lower price points makes it even more appealing.

Last edited by Red_Soldat,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch lite is moving forward, they didn't have the 16 nm chip that made the smaller size/weight feasible before. Software wise the system also would've failed if the lower-cost lite launched at the same time and became perceived as the "base" option rather than "budget," because then it would've been a primarily handheld software ecosystem rather than a hybrid.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the proprietary storage on the xbox might cause it a bit of an issue, unless they price it super cheap it may be a nail in the coffin

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Red_Soldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the proprietary storage on the xbox might cause it a bit of an issue, unless they price it super cheap it may be a nail in the coffin

Completely agree, but could be mitigated if they allow a standard HDD as external storage and a portion of the proprietary SSD reserved as cache for "stored" games.

D

Deleted User

Heh, Sony follows suit after Microsoft let the cat out of the sack! I´m curious for performance differences.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch lite is moving forward, they didn't have the 16 nm chip that made the smaller size/weight feasible before. Software wise the system also would've failed if the lower-cost lite launched at the same time and became perceived as the "base" option rather than "budget," because then it would've been a primarily handheld ecosystem rather than a hybrid.
If someone offered you spanking new switch or switch lite what would you pick and don't say lite as then yr lying - The switch didn't need 2 systems at launch as it was a price most could afford anyway and don't wanna go off topic so thts all I'll say about switch

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proprietary storage? As in the og xbox hard drive days where u could only use there way over priced hard drives. Isnt that a huge step backwards. On topic, yah cant wait for the announcement. Will be preordering a couple of these beauties as soon as its available. One to play 1 to store for the eventual hack scene lol

Edit. Btw anyone else feel like sony held off to see xbox announcement first to make sure they didnt need to change anything before they made theres :yayps3:

Last edited by wartutor,

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Proprietary storage? As in the og xbox hard drive days where u could only use there way over priced hard drives. Isnt that a huge step backwards.:yayps3:

Yes and no. Many of the systems features and advertised claims of speed, quick restore states and load times depend on super quick storage.

That cheap $40 2TB 5400 RPM drive you threw in your PS4 Pro won't cut it this time around.

So we face a huge challenge. Games will easily be over 100GB for triple A titles. I fully expect the PS5 and sexbox to launch with no more than 1TB of fast storage.

This means roughly 7 or 8 triple A titles can be loaded. You might as well forget about installing older PS4 games on there as you won't have the space.

Remember this post and mark my words - storage will be one of the biggest challenges of this generation (in addition to price, etc)

Last edited by TerminatR,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hoo boy! Here we go!

Let's hope the more powerful PS5 (if they do standard/pro models) is as at least close in terms of power to the Series X. Will it be more powerful? I'd wager.... no, personally. Microsoft seem to be commited on providing the most powerful console this generation.

Sony's exclusives will mean I'm always going to be a PlayStation owner so I'm not too bothered about specs however - as when you consider what they can do on the current PS4 and the generational leap in tech the PS5 will provide... My mind boggles what can be achieved.

I'm pretty certain the PS5 will use the same tech. I think it was announced previously, in fact. However, Sony may allow users to install any NVME drive as long as it's fast enough and not proprietary cards similar to what Microsoft has shown off.

Reactions: DodgyJudge

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Do people REALLY played all that there is to play on PS4, and did devs really made everything they can on PS4 so they need a NEW system???
What, they cant develop on PS4 anymore, its obsolete now so they need 5? Jesus christ..i turn my head for a moment and they announce a new console....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you PEOPLE honestly NEED a NEW Play Station? Come on, be real?!

I mean...im playing some PSone games i never played or i did, and i enjoy them to much, so i figured...who the heck needs a new console...i need new games damnit!!!

Let's hope the more powerful PS5 (if they do standard/pro models) is as at least close in terms of power to the Series X. Will it be more powerful? I'd wager.... no, personally. Microsoft seem to be commited on providing the most powerful console this generation.
better tech doesnt equal better games. games are the point of consoles, thats what they do. can you tell me that you played every game in existance that you absolutely need a new console? i mean what, PS4 cant play games anymore, or its about capabilities not about games and fun? or is it fun to buy brand new 600$ machine just to admire a scenery?

Im really bothered how this trend "every 5 years new generation arises" became the norm.

Last edited by MetoMeto,
Reactions: cvskid

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do people REALLY played all that there is to play on PS4, and did devs really made everything they can on PS4 so they need a NEW system???
What, they cant develop on PS4 anymore, its obsolete now so they need 5? Jesus christ..i turn my head for a moment and they announce a new console....

do you PEOPLE honestly NEED a NEW Play Station? Come on, be real?!
Above crazy comment of the day - ps4 2013 ps4 pro late 2016 - we need new machines - think you need to become mor real lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong