PlayStation Showcase September 9th - roundup - new God of War: Ragnarok trailer

What exactly does PlayStation have in store for the future of their latest console? Find out today, on the latest episode of PlayStation Showcase. There's going to be plenty to show during this livestream, and we'll be rounding it all up and noting every announcement made.

Live Coverage

Jim Ryan kicks off the show.

First shown off is a Star Wars game. Knights of the Old Republic is getting remade for PS5.

The next game is a Japanese action RPG called Project Eve, being developed by Shift Up.

We get another look at Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, launching on March 25th.

A girl gets thrown into another dimension where she has parkour skills in a fantasy setting. Lots of sarcastic snark. Action combat. Forspoken. Spring 2022.

Alan Wake Remastered is out October 5th. We get a new trailer for the re-release, with new graphics.

Grand Theft Auto V's latest port shows its features, which include seamless character switching and GTA Online. Available this March.

Ghostwire Tokyo has a new cinematic trailer.

Marvel and Eidos are next, with the Guardians of the Galaxy game previous revealed earlier this year. Oct. 26.

Third-person combat, multiple classes, and more are shown in Vampire: Blood Hunt, releasing later this year.

Arkane is back with their upcoming Deathloop, where we hear more about the characters and story.

Epic Games is releasing a new game on the PS5, featuring Radiohead. It's called Kid A mnesia Exhibition and will be out this October.

Sail, explore, and swim, or just turn into tons of different animals in the next game. Has a very cartoon-y Wind Waker aesthetic. Titled Tchia.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy are being remastered for PS5...and PC.

Insomniac is up next. They're making a Wolverine game, now.

Cars are plentiful in the pretty trailer for Gran Turismo 7.

Back to Insomniac, with Spider-Man. They're also working on Spider-Man 2, featuring Venom, set for release in 2023.

Time for God of War: Ragnarok. Following the last game, we see Kratos and Atreus. There's lots of hard-hitting combat, just like before.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang in there you'll be able to get one eventually.
by the time i am able to get one i would have set my sights on getting a PC since GPU prices wouldnt be shit by then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uncharted on PC? Feels kinda wrong...
the salt from twitter fanboys over the uncharted ports will be gold tho lmao
i don't even like the games, i just came to see them bitch and moan about their precious exclusives going to the only platform that can do them justice

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
by the time i am able to get one i would have set my sights on getting a PC since GPU prices wouldnt be shit by then
I get the feeling the current GPU prices are here to stay for the most part. Unless Intel shakes up the mid-tier there's no stopping Nvidia or AMD raising them through the roof.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most exciting new things shown off are still like 2 years away. I was expecting a lot more from this I think, because I'm feeling very underwhelmed.

That one game that looks like a mix of Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda does look pretty charming though. Not exactly a title I'm losing my mind over, but still a breath of fresh air.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like 80%(?) of the games shown there are also coming to PC. lol

I don't care about cape shit. I'd be pretty butt hurt if I actually owned a PS5 at launch.

Honestly, I feel like this has been the weakest launch year that a PlayStation or Xbox has seen yet. Some of that I can excuse away because of Covid, some of it is because Microsoft only recently realized they gotta get more exclusive properties under their umbrella, and a lot of it is the changing landscape that a new console exists within now: we will see many cross gen games well into a year of both system's lives, which for that long is unheard of until now. But all of that stuff working together makes for an incredibly unexciting first year for either system.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean
are you really willing to pay 900 dollars for a scalped ps5 and 70 dollars for games?
just cuz someone doesnt like what they see doesnt mean they cant fucking afford it
seriously anyone can get a ps5, i putted my name on the wait list of my country eletric store and i got a ps1 1 and a half monthys latter... people that say they cant get a ps5 just dont go to the stores and leavue their name on the list for some reason i guess.

and who pays full price for games anyway? seriously every other week retail stores do 20/25% or even more on games, same for amazon, i still havent bough any game that costed my 70 ever.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously anyone can get a ps5, i putted my name on the wait list of my country eletric store and i got a ps1 1 and a half monthys latter... people that say they cant get a ps5 just dont go to the stores and leavue their name on the list for some reason i guess.

and who pays full price for games anyway? seriously every other week retail stores do 20/25% or even more on games, same for amazon, i still havent bough any game that costed my 70 ever.
not everybody can just casually walk up to a store and get a game- not everybody wants to walk up to a store and get a game. especially when some people out there don't have cars.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of crybaby haters in here just upset they can't get a PS5. And the scalping comments are stupid as usual. Stop acting like scalpers bought them all up and they're sitting there collecting dust. The show was awesome. Haters gonna hate. Reasons are obvious though. Need a tissue?

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of crybaby haters in here just upset they can't get a PS5. And the scalping comments are stupid as usual. Stop acting like scalpers bought them all up and they're sitting there collecting dust. The show was awesome. Haters gonna hate. Reasons are obvious though. Need a tissue?
we're not crybaby haters, the show was just shit. why would we be crying about not being able to get a ps5 when 80% of the games are cross gen and going to PC anyways? get over yourself you blatant fanboy

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we're not crybaby haters, the show was just shit. why would we be crying about not being able to get a ps5 when 80% of the games are cross gen and going to PC anyways? get over yourself you blatant fanboy

Yeah. A blatant fanboy who owns a gaming PC, Switch, Series X, PS5, and pretty much every single console that's ever been released in history. Okayyyyyyyyyy bud. Yup. BLATANT. Lmfao. What's blatant is that you try so fucking hard to be a hater, that it's blatant you're full of shit.

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. A blatant fanboy who owns a gaming PC, Switch, Series X, PS5, and pretty much every single console that's ever been released in history. Okayyyyyyyyyy bud. Yup. BLATANT. Lmfao. What's blatant is that you try so fucking hard to be a hater, that it's blatant you're full of shit.
flexing how many consoles you have doesnt prove your point, it just makes you look like a douche

Reactions: Augusto101

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KOTOR/Wolverine/Spider Man/God of War/Forspoken were the highlights for me. I kind of feel weird that Insomniac seems to be making all the games for the PS5 nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\