PlayStation Showcase September 9th - roundup - new God of War: Ragnarok trailer

What exactly does PlayStation have in store for the future of their latest console? Find out today, on the latest episode of PlayStation Showcase. There's going to be plenty to show during this livestream, and we'll be rounding it all up and noting every announcement made.

Live Coverage

Jim Ryan kicks off the show.

First shown off is a Star Wars game. Knights of the Old Republic is getting remade for PS5.

The next game is a Japanese action RPG called Project Eve, being developed by Shift Up.

We get another look at Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, launching on March 25th.

A girl gets thrown into another dimension where she has parkour skills in a fantasy setting. Lots of sarcastic snark. Action combat. Forspoken. Spring 2022.

Alan Wake Remastered is out October 5th. We get a new trailer for the re-release, with new graphics.

Grand Theft Auto V's latest port shows its features, which include seamless character switching and GTA Online. Available this March.

Ghostwire Tokyo has a new cinematic trailer.

Marvel and Eidos are next, with the Guardians of the Galaxy game previous revealed earlier this year. Oct. 26.

Third-person combat, multiple classes, and more are shown in Vampire: Blood Hunt, releasing later this year.

Arkane is back with their upcoming Deathloop, where we hear more about the characters and story.

Epic Games is releasing a new game on the PS5, featuring Radiohead. It's called Kid A mnesia Exhibition and will be out this October.

Sail, explore, and swim, or just turn into tons of different animals in the next game. Has a very cartoon-y Wind Waker aesthetic. Titled Tchia.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy are being remastered for PS5...and PC.

Insomniac is up next. They're making a Wolverine game, now.

Cars are plentiful in the pretty trailer for Gran Turismo 7.

Back to Insomniac, with Spider-Man. They're also working on Spider-Man 2, featuring Venom, set for release in 2023.

Time for God of War: Ragnarok. Following the last game, we see Kratos and Atreus. There's lots of hard-hitting combat, just like before.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why arent more indies developed exclusively for the switch then
there are many lol switch has a crapton of indie exclusives, but like i said when they make enough money is that they take the chance to make their next games be on more platforms if they think its worth the investment and time.

If you have enough money to bank wider releases you take the chance to do them, lots of games that were on steam sold in the hundreds and when they reach ps5/switch they can sell in the 3 digit and sometimes 4 digit, there are inumerous cases of this, its not that uncommon, steam was way too many games and lots of times games get buried and never get recognition and consoles while having lots of games have way less still, so there is a chance to get noticed more.

Last edited by pedro702,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what does it matter?
It matters because that is what my point was about so you literally made an argument against something that I wasn't talking about.

For my point, the scenario would be a small developer who actually wants to make ports for multiple systems but isn't permitted to do so due to forced exclusivity. See the difference?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a solid C for me. Some things do look great, but those that got me the most excited, either had no release window announced or aren't coming until at least 2023.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
god of war, were it a ps5 game, might force me to get the ps5

Honestly it should've been, but due to the shortage and whatnot, I think their interest is to sell as much copies as possible since many don't have a PS5 yet. But they really should stop that soon, at least the later Insomniac games are PS5 only.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It matters because that is what my point was about so you literally made an argument against something that I wasn't talking about.

For my point, the scenario would be a small developer who actually wants to make ports for multiple systems but isn't permitted to do so due to forced exclusivity. See the difference?
if they arent permited to release on other consoles is because they took a deal where they were highly rewarded already, same way for anything in this world from clothing to streaming and such, if you get paid to release that product on a single environment i dont see any downside, i mean you paid for it, the others didnt pay a single cent and want the goods for free to take a commission on selling them?

imagine the case of bayonetta 2, nintendo paid for the development of the game, and now would come sony and microsoft and want the game without having paid a single cent for developing it while nintendo backed it up?not to mention the first game sold horribly on sony console and the ip was basicaly dead in the water.

Any small dev that accepts a deal to release a exclusive game most likely got paid for everything he did and more.and with that money he can probably make their next game bigger in scope and wider release if they want.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly it should've been, but due to the shortage and whatnot, I think their interest is to sell as much copies as possible since many don't have a PS5 yet. But they really should stop that soon, at least the later Insomniac games are PS5 only.
not saying i want it to be, i appreciate not having to spend money i dont have. just being honest. alot of people haven't made the jump, not just cuz of money, but because there isn't much reason to, as a ps5 is like a ps4pro (but for real this time lol). the gap between gens isn't too big this time.

it just makes sense to sell more ps5s

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The highlight of the show was Project EVE for me, decent looking action game with very good music. Forspoken is nice I guess, the dialogue sounds a bit annoying.
A few more solid announcements, though almost all of them release 2022 and beyond. Not a bad thing for me tho since I won't be buying a ps5 anytime soon.
Good show overall.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The highlight of the show was Project EVE for me, decent looking action game with very good music. Forspoken is nice I guess, the dialogue sounds a bit annoying.
A few more solid announcements, though almost all of them release 2022 and beyond. Not a bad thing for me tho since I won't be buying a ps5 anytime soon.
Good show overall.
For some reason I have a bad bunch about Eve, as if it were something showy that later completely disappoints when you play it, there's something that looked slow to me in the gameplay somehow... it's just a hunch, I know, but I would like to see more gameplay and/or the opinions of people after trying it firsthand.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason I have a bad bunch about Eve, as if it were something showy that later completely disappoints when you play it, there's something that looked slow to me in the gameplay somehow... it's just a hunch, I know, but I would like to see more gameplay and/or the opinions of people after trying it firsthand.
It has shiny buttocks though.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C for me as well, most of what interested me GOW/Spider-Man/Wolverine is way till 22-23, pretty early to show anything really..

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is that early though, we're nearly at the end of 2021.
September is considered nearly the end of the year is it... come back when I've finished lighting the last firework on bommy night, then we can start talking 'nearly the end of the year' :P Otherwise, you're half right: 2022 games I'll agree are worth showing off, even in September! But 2023 releases? Give me a break...
Didn't watch it (so there's my vote), I prefer to just peruse the highlights if I can't make these shows 'live' ....looked okay, but I'm WAAY past getting interested about any cinematic reel in any game these days *yawn* (and that's obviously not just aimed at Sony) - Nintendo does at least offer up gameplay footage more often, would like to see others follow suit tbh.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
September is considered nearly the end of the year is it... come back when I've finished lighting the last firework on bommy night, then we can start talking 'nearly the end of the year' :P Otherwise, you're half right: 2022 games I'll agree are worth showing off, even in September! But 2023 releases? Give me a break...
Didn't watch it (so there's my vote), I prefer to just peruse the highlights if I can't make these shows 'live' ....looked okay, but I'm WAAY past getting interested about any cinematic reel in any game these days *yawn* (and that's obviously not just aimed at Sony) - Nintendo does at least offer up gameplay footage more often, would like to see others follow suit tbh.

Well, yes? 3 and a half months out of 12 to go for the end of 2021, anything releasing in 2023 would be in the range of 1 to 2 years with minor month variance. That's totally normal, seems to me gamers are just getting more impatient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night