PlayStation Showcase September 9th - roundup - new God of War: Ragnarok trailer

What exactly does PlayStation have in store for the future of their latest console? Find out today, on the latest episode of PlayStation Showcase. There's going to be plenty to show during this livestream, and we'll be rounding it all up and noting every announcement made.

Live Coverage

Jim Ryan kicks off the show.

First shown off is a Star Wars game. Knights of the Old Republic is getting remade for PS5.

The next game is a Japanese action RPG called Project Eve, being developed by Shift Up.

We get another look at Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, launching on March 25th.

A girl gets thrown into another dimension where she has parkour skills in a fantasy setting. Lots of sarcastic snark. Action combat. Forspoken. Spring 2022.

Alan Wake Remastered is out October 5th. We get a new trailer for the re-release, with new graphics.

Grand Theft Auto V's latest port shows its features, which include seamless character switching and GTA Online. Available this March.

Ghostwire Tokyo has a new cinematic trailer.

Marvel and Eidos are next, with the Guardians of the Galaxy game previous revealed earlier this year. Oct. 26.

Third-person combat, multiple classes, and more are shown in Vampire: Blood Hunt, releasing later this year.

Arkane is back with their upcoming Deathloop, where we hear more about the characters and story.

Epic Games is releasing a new game on the PS5, featuring Radiohead. It's called Kid A mnesia Exhibition and will be out this October.

Sail, explore, and swim, or just turn into tons of different animals in the next game. Has a very cartoon-y Wind Waker aesthetic. Titled Tchia.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy are being remastered for PS5...and PC.

Insomniac is up next. They're making a Wolverine game, now.

Cars are plentiful in the pretty trailer for Gran Turismo 7.

Back to Insomniac, with Spider-Man. They're also working on Spider-Man 2, featuring Venom, set for release in 2023.

Time for God of War: Ragnarok. Following the last game, we see Kratos and Atreus. There's lots of hard-hitting combat, just like before.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Not really a star wars/marvel fan so there wasn't really much for me in this conference. It was overhyped by the press wayyyy too much.

GOW2 looks incredible but no surprise there.

Honestly I feel like it wasn't overhyped at all, I was genuinely surprised by the amount of big interesting AAA games they showed. There probably is a majority of people who are super stoked, it's just that tempers here have unique opinions haha.

Reactions: McBing

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daaaamn, Kotor remake got me at the beginning.
Forspoken looks nice, but she's talking to much
Ghostwire confuses me, still don't know what to think
Spiderman (Fucking Venom!!), Wolverine and Gow (So beautiful) are instabuys.

Good enough for me :) I never really got to play Kotor so Im really looking forward to a descent remake

Reactions: Jiehfeng

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a star wars/marvel fan so there wasn't really much for me in this conference. It was overhyped by the press wayyyy too much.

GOW2 looks incredible but no surprise there.
I'm just waiting on the Spiderman 2 PS5 bundles that we won't be able to buy.

Reactions: CoolMe

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Also, they apparently have changed the director for Ragnarok, it's not Cory who's the leader now. They do that all the time they said and that's understandable, hope Eric Williams does a great job as well. Game feels similar anyhow.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first game is a remake becuase originality is dead, second actually doesn't look all that bad, forspoken looks so generic it makes my eyes and ears hurt, 2 remasters because again originality is dead, a new cinematic trailer because fuck gameplay, who the hell plays video games for gameplay, and a new god of war that looks and plays almost exactly like the first reboot which was shit to begin with
oh yeah and a new gran turismo trailer that i would be kind of excited for if it wasnt as short and vague as the first back in 2020
how the fuck does this thing have 10 million sales again? oh wait scalpers, nvm

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first game is a remake becuase originality is dead, second actually doesn't look all that bad, forspoken looks so generic it makes my eyes and ears hurt, 2 remasters because again originality is dead, a new cinematic trailer because fuck gameplay, who the hell plays video games for gameplay, and a new god of war that looks and plays almost exactly like the first reboot.
how the fuck does this thing have 10 million sales again? oh wait scalpers nvm
Hang in there you'll be able to get one eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1