Playing "unsupported" PSP games on Vita without PS3?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Guild McCommunist, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    So I hear all these awesome stories of people playing all these awesome PSP games with dual analog controls and stuff like that, but the Vita's list of "officially supported" PSP times is despicable. No Peace Walker, no God Eater, no Syphon Filter, no Coded Arms, no nothing. So I heard people do this by buying the game through their PS3 and just transferring it to the Vita.

...But I don't have a PS3. I only have my PSP Go, my Vita, and my PC. Is there anyway to get access to these quality games with what I have, or do I need a PS3 or to sit patiently and wait for their list to expand?

All help is appreciated. Worst case scenario, I have a friend with a PS3 that's rather unused, I'll just go to his house one day and use that for a few purchases.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Use your PSP Go?
    Purchase on PSP Go, download from PSV.

If that doesn't work, downloading from PS3 is your only option.

Edit: Supposedly there is a firmware update coming in April. Maybe this will fix it.

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    I honestly don't want to risk purchasing a game I won't even play. I guess I could play it on my Go but I could just pirate it and I probably won't be touching my Go for a good long time with a Vita in hand.

I guess I'll wait for the April update unless there's confirmation on this method.

Oh, and side question, why does Sony's store list Monster Hunter Freedom Unite as $10 as a "Greatest Hit" on their online (meaning browser) store but it's $20 on the PSN Store on the Vita?

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    My friend purchased Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Disgaea from his PSP and he was able to download it from his Vita.
    (All games, PSP and even PS3 show up on the Vita download list)

5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Alright, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I'm guessing whatever game I purchase will become officially supported eventually so it's just a matter of patience if things go wrong.

6. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    That's actually weird. I can see Peace Walker on the PSN Store on my Vita. Does it only not show up on the American one?

7. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    PSP times? Surely you mean titles.

8. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Well I purchased Portable Ops as a test and it says I can't download it to my Vita. Oh well, I guess I'll transfer the title over at a friend's house.