Tutorial  Updated

Play with your Gamecube Controller in your 3DS (without hardmod)

Note: You can use any controller, but this tutorial will only describe the steps to do it with a gamecube controller + official gamecube controller adapter. Anyway, only the first step is related with the controller. The other steps are the same for every controller.

Special thanks to Stary2001 and @KazoWAR for this awesome tool.

Requirements:
Recomended:
Steps:
1. Install the driver of the Official gamecube controller adapter in your pc (there's a lot of tutorials on the internet, so please google) and run it.
2. Configure Xpadder (It's pretty easy with a noob-proof GUI). Remember the keys you choose for each button.

Now you have to choose an option

NTR CFW (recommended - better compatibility )
3. In your 3DS install InputRedirectionNTR.cia.
4. Run NTR CFW, press X+Y and select "Enable Debugger"
5. Run the installed CIA.

Homebrew Launcher (not recommended - worse compatibility)
3. In your 3DS install InputProc.cia and put the 3ds folder in the root of your sd card In
4. Run The Homebrew Launcher and launch input_loader.
5. Press start and then x to return to the home menu

6. Now in your PC, go to the PC Client and open InputRedirection NTR.exe (InputRedirection .exe if you chose the HBL option)
7. Press F1 to set your 3DS IP address (use wireless network watcher or ftpbrony to know it) and then ESC
8. Press F2 to set the key for each button of your 3ds (you can use Xpadder to remember what keys you used for the gamecube controller). To do it, first you have to press the pre-selected key, and then press the new key for each button. Once you're ready press ESC.
9. Test the controls (also, you can press F4 to show debug information).
10. Enjoy

Proof:

Last edited by Intronaut,

no1dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks alot OP. I can finally play those circlepad games without having my finger slip over and over on the N3DSXL.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Xpadder requires payment to download it. Unless there's a free option I haven't found.
Xpadder doesn't have DRM. A terrible thing to say, but it's around. Well worth the donation as well.

Cream Soda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's interested by the c-stick feature you should definitly check this guide out: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42982
It's not perfect (you can get stuck, you'll see) so we can maybe find a better way to do it with xpadder advanced functions

Ooh gonna look into this now.

Is there a setting we can do to make it to where you can both walk and run w/t he analog stick? Right now I can only run

Last edited by Cream Soda,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Finally this works!
Thank you very much.

I do not know why, but with pokemon game doesn't work.

My environment
PC:/
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Xpadder
official GameCube adapter
GameCube Controller

3DS:/
New 3DS 11.0(J)
Corbenik CFW
NTR 3.4

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried this on a O3DS with an xbox 360 wired controller and also played online to see if the input delay from this program plus the input delay from online is bad?

Intronaut

A star maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Finally this works!
Thank you very much.

I do not know why, but with pokemon game doesn't work.

My environment
PC:/
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Xpadder
official GameCube adapter
GameCube Controller

3DS:/
New 3DS 11.0(J)
Corbenik CFW
NTR 3.4

It's a known-issue. An user said it can be solved connecting to internet inside the game.

Reactions: Februarysn0w

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could i possibly emulate the circle pad pro with this on a old 3ds? I'm using a ps4 controller right now and everything works fine but i want to use the right analog as a cirle pad pro

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got around to using this seeing the NTR version came out. This is pretty awesome!! Do you have plans to update to add analog support? The touch screen support was a nice touch! (Press F4 to go to debug and you click on the screen with your mouse being a red dot.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...